[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which tropes are you hoping return in the next games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: 20160624_153750.png (2 MB, 1440x1595) Image search: [Google]
20160624_153750.png
2 MB, 1440x1595
Which tropes are you hoping return in the next games?
>>
>>26855373
>Marill
>Pikachu replacement
Triggered.
>>
>>26855373
>Uxie, azelf, mesprit
>cobalion, virizion, terakion (BW2)
>no plot significance
>>
>>26855373
I'm hoping we get the legendary trios back, and I hope we get multiple pseudo-legends this time around. anything to fluff up the dex so we have more Pokémon than XY
>>
File: muhpatterns.jpg (590 KB, 1752x919) Image search: [Google]
muhpatterns.jpg
590 KB, 1752x919
>>26855373
Those that aren't made as often

>regional psychic/magical waifu
>regional powerhouse bruiser bro
>quirky ghost type
>weak fish to respected aquatic serpent
>>
>>26855373
>Marill
>not Pichu
>>
>>26855373
>Lake Trio
>No plot significance
>Zubat
>zubat
>>
>>26855373
I'm hoping there's no Pikachu clone. But I don't have my hopes up; I was hoping there would be no generic bird or rodent but we all know how that went.
That being said, surprisingly I am really liking Pikipek and Yungoose's designs. I just hope that their evos are as good.
To actually address your OP, I would like to see two pseudo legendaries again - that'd be neat. Although the pseudo legendary and psuedo-pseudo legendary (Haxorus and Noivern) would be nice too.
>>
File: Pikablu.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Pikablu.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>26855514
>>26855781
>People not knowing about Pikablu
>>
All of them. Because they're all coming back and there's nothing I can do about it.

I don't really care one way or another about the regional bug/bird/normal type tropes. What matters the most is early route variety.

One thing I wish they'd change is the amount of legends. I really don't care about them, and I'd be happy to go back to having like three legendaries, the box legendary, and a cutesy one.
>>
>>26855752
Those ghosts are just three random ghosts though. And the drillmons are just saying that three distinct pokemon look similar: there's no trend there. And why include Machamp/Conculdurr or Golem/Gigalith or why not include the majority gen V pokemon if the most of themGen-V pokemon were part of a generational throwback-gimmick, and are also not the mark of a trend?
>>
>>26855823
>and are also not the mark of a trend?
>>26855752
>Those that aren't made as often

Reading is hard
>>
>>26855373
>Pikachu replacement
>Marill and not Pichu

>Leggendary Trio in Unova
>Mousquetaire and not genies, even if they aren't even a trio

>No Manaphy in Tiny Mystical

Holy shit who the fuck made this crap and why he's so bad at doing it.
>>
File: tumblr_njxekdgnEw1scncwdo1_540.gif (480 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njxekdgnEw1scncwdo1_540.gif
480 KB, 320x240
nother bug waifu... pls...
>>
I really liked the way that Escavalier and Acellgor evolved by switching shells with each other, I really hope that we get another pair of pokemon that actually interact with each other while evolving. Kind of like a Mantyke+Remoraid kind of deal.
>>
>>26855838
Marill is literally Pikably you fucking retard. It's the Pikachu replacement. Pichu is a pre-evo.
>>
>>26855724
>cobalion, virizion, terakion (BW2)
Some dialogue does not plot significance make.
>>
>>26855373
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>26855858
I think Gravler and Machoke were originally intended to be this (hence Machoke losing it's reptilian headshape and gaining a set of limbs, and vive-versa), but they removed it due to trade-evolutions being hard enough to get as they were.
>>
>>26855870
No fham, it doesn't work so.
Pikablu was a fan-made name for Marill, but it wasn't intended to be the Pikaclone. Indeed all of them are electric, so it's Pichu.
>>
>>26855828
I am actually to blame for not reading those comparisons are pretty shit-tier, too, and my criticisms of the image still hold, regardless of you textpost, but even if I consider them simultaneously:
>Magic waifu
2 pokemon
>Quirky Ghost
Regardless of what the hell you mean by this, there are near-zero similarities between Aegislash and Gengar.

I kinda get what you mean by the regional powerhouse (at least in terms of importance), though, and do wish for more of the shitty fish->something far better, although I hope they get more creative now that sea-serpent has basically been conceptually exhausted of it's two obvious sources of inspiration (oarfish and oriental dragons).
>>
>>26855958
A signature feature of the pikclone is th cheeks, Mario doesn't have them
>>
>>26855958
It was pretty obvious at the time from the way it was shilled that it was supposed to cash in on the popularity of the (notably then-obese) pikachu (which it by-and-large failed at). You also have to remember that it was the first, so there was no established formula back then.
>>
File: Pikablu isn't real.jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Pikablu isn't real.jpg
27 KB, 320x240
>>
>>26855983
I fucking hate when I mobile-post on the train
>>
>>26855724
Don't forget
>Suicune
>>
>>26855988
Maril failed to captre audiences attention, so they recovered with Pichu (which they had time to do since Maril was anime-first by a good deal). What's hard to understand about that?
>>
>>26855964
There has usually been a psychic type considered generally better than most in the region bar certain niches. They are usually the go-to lines of a lot of people and are also often showcased as important pokemon to leaders and/or the elite four
>Alakazam
>Gardevoir
>Gothitelle
>Reuniclus
The whole point of this thread is to say what trope you want to continue and I'm suggesting that instead of just relying on old established tropes like buge birb ratt batt etc, we start new patterns. Me specifying "waifu" is just to please my autism and my wishes to do a themed team but generally speaking, the trope isnt just limited to Gardevoir and Gothitelle

>Machamp
>Heracross
>Hariyama
>Conkeldurr
>Pangoro
The burly brawler trope isn't also just limited to the two in the photo but again that's my autism since the two that are very similar in regard are Machamp and Conkeldurr, both also appearing prominently in their respective regions, generally more well rounded and have better offensive and defensive presence than their contemporaries and as aces of their respective elite four. Although again in truth other gens had their share of a bruiser in one form or the other

>Gengar
>Chandelure
>Aegislash
Yes. Aside from being dual typed 3-stage ghosts nothing else is common but like the earlier two, they are usually considered the "prime" ghost types of their region.

Again all I'm suggesting is that we create new tropes to shake things up a bit. It would be nice to be able to run a theme of the mind body and soul and have several options especially if some are already unusable in today's meta
>>
>>26855814
confirmed for not playing x or y
>>
>>26855964
>near-zero similarities between Aegislash and Gengar.
>both are ghost type
>both aren't fire type
>both learn shadow ball
>both have genders
>both are stage 2 pokemon
>both are immune to trapping moves and abilities
>both are immune to normal and fighting type moves
>both are catchable
>both are pokemon
>both have eyes
>both are built for sex
>both have alt formes
>both are spiky
>both take reduced damage from bug type attacks
>both are immune to being poisoned
>>
>>26855870

>pikablu
>a fan made term meaning anything

ok
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>26856193
>>
>>26855373
water dragon pseudo or a fairy pseudo would be nice
>>
>>26856029

Stop talking. Marill isn't included in that pic because it isn't a pikaclone, not because its failed popularity or whatever. Marill was very popular during Gen 2.
>>
>>26855986
Togepi was shilled way, way harder than Marill was.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 864x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 864x640
>>26856212
Underage detected. When G/S came out, there was no such thing as "Pikachu clones". The concept of generations was non existent. What we call Generation 2 was simply called Pokemon 2.
Maril was called Pikablu because
>cute
>rodent like
>zig zag tail
>single evolution

That's why Maril today is called the first Pikachu clone
>>
>>26856295
It was called pikablu in that short

Top Kek

It's still not a pikaclone though, it's missing the circle cheeks and being an electric type
>>
>>26856317
This concept is going over your head, isn't it?

Maril started the trend of Gamefreak Implementing potential rodents to replace Pikachu.

It's called Pikablu in the short because everyone called it that.
>>
>>26855373
>Worthless piece of trash
Edgy.
>>
>>26856295

A card from a western trading card company with no affiliation to GF or Nintendo, nice source. And just because kids called it pikablu in the playground doesn't mean anything. OFFICIALLY it isn't considered a pikaclone.
>>
>>26856382
I think it means designated HM slave. Like what yungoose will be.
>>
>>26855373
Furret is NOT a worthless piece of trash mind you.
>>
>>26855373
>no Fearow in addition to so many flaws

Patternfagging is difficult. I was just debating with someone over what a rival was. I'm all for sun/moon to break more patterns whether I support those patterns or not.
>>
>>26855991
Trains are assholes
>>
>>26856801
>Fearow
Gens 1-3 are confusing because a lot of patterns skip Gen 2 such as fossils, early metamorphic bug lines, three-stage birb lines, which later on (Gens 3 onwards) are clearly chosen to be the standard
>>
NONE. Pokemon games are repetetive and similar enough as is.
>>
>>26855373
>linoone
>worthless piece of trash
>is a trusty hm slave
shiggy
>>
>>26856244
But it was so early it didn't really serve as an advertisement. I think the point of togepi was to have an anime-exclusive Pokemon which they could throw in the games when a sequel was eventually developed, rather than as an advertisement for said sequel.
>>
>>26855373
>Suicune
>no plot significance
>>
>>26856969
bye
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.