[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post one good reason why gen 4 is NOT the best generation of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: 1466529120441.jpg (731 KB, 2240x2624) Image search: [Google]
1466529120441.jpg
731 KB, 2240x2624
Post one good reason why gen 4 is NOT the best generation of Pokemon so far

Pro tip: you can't

>comfiest region
>comfiest pokemon
>comfiest characters
>comfiest ost
>>
Is this a bait thread?
I'm going to assume it's a bait thread. I don't have any bait images, sorry.
>>
>>26851909
>comfiest region
Fuck you, it was HMs: The Region. I agree with everything else but just
>>
>>26851909
>comfiest region
I hate cold places and Sinnoh is quite boring
>comfiest pokemon
I can't agree with this. This game had the worst batch of new Pokemon
>comfiest characters
Nah
>comfiest ost
Pretty much every other game has a better ost except bw.
>>
>>26851930
Wait no scratch that, there was nothing comfy about it at all
>>
>>26851925
>Is this a bait thread?
Probably. They've been upset the last few days after they got BTFO by the Pokémon election proving it has the worst starters in the series.

Sinnoh had some good qualities, like being the last region that wasn't a tube, introducing Wi-Fi, and being the last region that introduced more than it removed. But it's still quite lacking.
>>
>>26851932
Everything is arguable but not the OST

It was by far the best one pokemon games ever had
>>
File: 1465161394965.png (151 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
1465161394965.png
151 KB, 300x420
People were saying the same shit about gen3 before their remakes came out. Tired of this trend.
>>
>>26851941
It was extremely well designed, it actually felt like an adventure to go through it
>>
>>26851972
Gen 3 and their remakes are trash though.
Terrible pokemon, shit region (literal surfing simulator) incredibly lame, and so on ad so forth. Undeniably the worst generation along with 5
>>
>>26851909
I'm feeling very opinionated today.
Kanto: ???
Johto: Best Region
Hoenn: Best (new) Pokemon
Sinnoh: Best OST
Unova: Best Pokedex (only applies to B2W2)
Kalos: ???
>>
>>26851909
Very slow game
>>
>>26851984
Neither of those are as bad as Kalos, which was incredibly bland and felt cramped imo
>>
>>26851992
I got you senpai.

Kanto: Best freedom (Can roam all the fuck over, get badges in different orders, region highly interconnected-- the Lordran of Pokemon regions)
Johto: Best atmosphere (Maximum comfy, especially in HG/SS)
Hoenn: Best regional variety (Despite constant LOL WATER XD faggots' meming, Hoenn had the best variety in zones-- ocean, tropical, desert, volcano, ashland, misty mountain, underwater). Also best Legendaries.
Sinnoh: Best OST by far.
Unova: Best new Pokemon, best regional Dex in B2W2, best story in BW.
Kalos: I've honestly got nothing, and I'm trying. I don't hate Kalos, I just can't think of anything it did best. It did several things very well, though.
>>
The Pt frontier was shit compared to the Emerald one
>>
>>26852006
Kalos:Best competetive scene
>>
>>26851909
Warning: opinions ahead

>Hyperactive little monkey-shit for a rival.
>New HM's detracted from overall experience
>Introduced many bland cross-generational evos.
>Let you port your pokemon forward again, but nestled it a little corner of the map that was convenient to get to/from

It did things to push the series forward, and I acknowledge the contributions. But as someone who only played Platinum, the supposed best one in the gen, it really, really left a sour taste in my mouth.
>>
Diamond > Plat
>>
>everyone implying gen=region
Gen 4 is best gen because of all the spin off games.
>>
>>26851909

I really can't disagree, OP.

I'd love to say that, for once, OP was not a faggot, but gen wars is fucking gay, so... OP is still a faggot.

>>26851932
>I hate cold places and Sinnoh is quite boring
That's your opinion. That doesn't make it correct. But I realise the same for OP.

>I can't agree with this. This game had the worst batch of new Pokemon
Gen 5 called. It wants its "Worst New Designs" trophy back.

>Nah
Opinion. At least they don't have SM's clown shoes.

>Pretty much every other game has a better ost except bw.
Confirmed no taste in music. XY music is literally the worst. BW and DPPt have some of the best music in the whole franchise (but the B2W2 rival theme is still trash). If you look at objectively, the music is still superior to XY music, for the most part (battle themes in particular).

>>26851970
>Pokémon election proving it has the worst starters in the series
So because a portion of Japanese fans voted on something, that makes it a definitive fact for the entire world over? Survey everyone in the world and then make that bold claim.

>But it's still quite lacking.
Compared to what? XY and ORAS were "quite lacking". DPPt and HGSS had tons of content. It's fine if they're not your favourites, but saying they're "quite lacking" isn't really a fair statement.

>>26852006
>Unova: Best new Pokemon
Are you high?
>>
>>26851932
>worst OST besides BW

Holy shit
>>
I probably need to play plat again
>>
>>26852741
Do it, it's worth it to spend your time on :)~
>>
>>26852006
>Unova: best new pokemon

Kill yourself
>>
>>26852570
>Gen 5 called. It wants its "Worst New Designs" trophy back.
Nothing in Gen 5 looks half as bad as Tangrowth or Magmortar

>>26851909
>one good reason why gen 4 is NOT the best
Diamond and Pearl happened
>>
>>26852803
>magmortar looking bad
Anon...
>>
>>26851970
that voting thing was for next Event pokemon not a popularity contest
implying arceus would ever get top 10 in popularity
>>
>>26851909
>comfiest region
As someone who loves comfy, Sinnoh was probably the most forgettable on the comfy tier, besides Snowpoint.
>Comfiest ost
Will agree with this one, though. Gen 4 had great music. Pokemon League (night theme) is a personal fave.

I should play gen 4 again.
Anyone know of any emulators?
>>
>>26851909
Love this gen to death. I also absolutely love gen 2 so HGSS maximized the comfy for me. I loved every generation (except 6), but these are the games I have had the most fun with. The atmosphere, the mysteries, the things to explore, the music. Just great!
>the ruins of alph event
>time travel event
>oak's letter
It's a shame I can't access them now. I tried AR'ing them but I just ended up getting bad eggs.
>>
File: 1443851966424.jpg (22 KB, 212x255) Image search: [Google]
1443851966424.jpg
22 KB, 212x255
>>26851909
>comfiest _____

THIS IS NOT A LEGITIMATE ARGUMENT
STOP THIS SHIT
IF YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY IT'S "COMFY" THEN GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FACE
>>
>>26851984
This coming from someone who likes the generation with Drapion.
>>
>>26853523
>posts opinion
>PROVE IT >:^(((((
???

also, OP literally said if you disagree "post one good reason". why don't you just y'know, not be autistic.
>>
>>26851909
I hate how people count remakes as part of a gen. Gen I and II might as well not even be in the discussion if remakes are part of the equation.
>>
>>26851909
Lmao fucking sinnohfetuses man you cant make this shit up
>>
>>26852797
shit taste and aspergers confirmed
>>
>>26852570
Poster off>>26851932 here. I never said what I thought was a fact
>>
>>26851909
>DP

I love platinum but those are the worst fucking games even without how slow it is
>>
>>26853805
Of*
>>
>>26851909
The only reason people think Gen 4 was the best was because of HGSS. Just wait until the DP remakes. Johto won't be able to save it this time.
>>
File: 1385240304899.png (22 KB, 606x668) Image search: [Google]
1385240304899.png
22 KB, 606x668
>>26851909
Do you even know what comfy means?

>comfiest region
That would be Gen II
>comfiest pokemon
Those shitty cross-gen evos and ugly legendaries are not "comfy" in the slightest
>comfiest characters
Hyperactive ADHD neighbour isn't comfy either
>comfiest ost
That would be Gen II too

Awful thread, I hope you never post again.
>>
>COMFY COMFY COMFY COMFY COMFY XDDDDDD
>>
>>26851909
Gen 4 was okay. Certainly not the best, but not the worst. Nostalgia =/= quality game.

>Comfiest region
JOHTO
O
H
T
O

>Comfiest Pokemon
Examples?

>Comfiest characters
There were barely any interesting characters in the entire game other than Cynthia and the Galactic Leader (I can't remember his name). Every other character was exactly the same the entire game and bored you to death.

>Comfiest OST
For the routes? Yes. Definitely.
For the cities? Maybe. Tied with Johto.
For the battles, the part where you'll spend most of the game? No.

Comfy route music is fine (the snow route gives me orgasms), but they tried to do the same thing with the battle music, the absolute worst place to try and do calm piano music. The gym, rival, trainer, wild, champion, and villain team themes are all bested by another gen.

I know that music is completely subjective, but I think that we can all agree that comfy, calm, piano music does not belong in battles.

The biggest problem of Gen 4 was the horrid gameplay. It added the physical/special split, but that was pretty much all it added gameplay wise. The engine is so unredeemably bad that I can't even begin to talk about it (the fact that Gen 4 romhacks can run on Gen 3's engine is enough proof). I'd talk about the #1 reason that the gameplay was so bad, but it's so obvious that slow most of you slow already know what it is.

But yeah. It was ok, but it wasn't the best. I'd say around high-mid tier.
>>
>>26854636
>johto

Oh come on
>>
>>26857231
Johto was "comfy" as fuck, anon.
The Gen IV remakes made it even better with the pokemon walking mechanics.

It's the only Pokemon game where I really feel like a trainer and not just some guy lugging around a bag of balls. That's "comfy" to me, at least.
>>
>>26851909
Sinnoh and Kalos are the best Starters, Fossils and Main Legendaries in my personal opinion
>>
>>26854636
>engine
Explicate?
>>
>>26853523
You don't have to argue why you like something though.
>>
>>26859709
>Post one good reason why gen 4 is NOT the best generation of Pokemon so far
>>
>>26853544
...so? One bad (in your opinion, anyway) design does not discredit the other 106.
>>
>>26857586
Actually wording the pokewalking, that shit was awesome. If it had been in plat Gen 4 would be superior to anything in every single possible way
>>
>every gen is bad
>every gen sucks
>/vp/ doesnt like pokemon
I think ive summed this thread up
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.