[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Again...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 3ds.png (60 KB, 736x768) Image search: [Google]
3ds.png
60 KB, 736x768
Again...
>>
>>26849533
Who the fuck uses 3D for more than 30 seconds at a time anyways
>>
>>26849557
Not me. I have a glorious 2DS, I don't have time for 3D. It's just a gimmick anyways.
>>
Wow who would guess they don't want performance hurt by the 3DS rendering the screen twice at no benefit.
>>
>>26849611
>99% of other 3D games do so with no problem
>75+% of them look better than pokemon does

Stop apologizing for them.
>>
I don't understand how people dislike the 3D. It greatly enhances most games other than Pokémon. I have it on 100% for my first playthrough of a game, keep it on for pokemon dungeons but off in battles.
>>
>>26849632
I don't like having 3D on because I have to be careful with how I have it positioned while holding it. It feels very stiff. I also "greatly enhances" feels very generous.
>>
Does anyone play 3DS in 3D?
>>
>>26849656
The only game I've truly used it on was the OoT remaster. It actually worked really well with the hookshot/arrow mechanics. I had it on in XY for like 10 minutes before the gimmick effect wore off.

Even when I play in 3D, I can never put the slider over halfway up because it fucks up my eyes.
>>
>>26849651
Other than Pokémon it has made every single 3DS game I've played either more immersive, more fun, or in some cases playable at all. I do have a new 3DS which widens the viewing angle, but even before that on the old one I never had trouble with the positioning. It's just more fun to play with the 3D on.
>>
>>26849656
I used to, but my 3D slider broke and I had to turn on parental controls just to be able to disable it, it's on at full blast if I don't. My 3DS is in poorer shape than the DS I got in 2006, despite me using it less.
>>
>>26849719
>I never had trouble with the positioning
This has to be a lie. There's a pretty fucking narrow range where there is no double vision. Like... this is visually provable. Unless it's something that changes based on individual's eyesight, I don't know, maybe it does, then you can actually visually clarify that.
>>
>>26849776
I never had trouble either.
>>
I think it's fine, since battles are still/steady enough that you can appreciate the 3D.
Meanwhile, the overworld is too much movement that you end up dizzy from playing it.

But having the option would be nice, so boo GameFreak, boo!
>>
>the seventh
>>
>>26849977
Nice seven dubs. Confirmed Gen 7.
>>
>>26849533
3D gives me a headache and hurt my eyes.
I never used 3D in any way, it's always turned on.
3D always sucked so much dick that I bought a 2DS when smash came out just to play the game better (The 2DS feels better for longer sessions). because I didn't gave a shit about 3D.
>>
>>26849533
>>26849557
Even if we don't like 3D that's no excuse for them to be incompetent
>>
>>26849557
I do ;_;
>>
>>26849977
Only shitposters believed Sun and Moon were anything but Gen 7
>>
File: sumo.jpg (301 KB, 946x923) Image search: [Google]
sumo.jpg
301 KB, 946x923
Anyone played Fantasy Life?
New OW in S/M looks somewhat similar and I actually preferred to play with the 3D slightly on while playing FL, same with OoT and Yokai Watch.
Pretty sure no one would prefer to play with 3D on during battles in XY/ORAS though due to the drops, but if the battles ran smoothly, it would look pretty nice. But what's GF's excuse for no 3D in the OW? Because there's no transition screens between areas? lmao other games do way better than the main Pokemon games in terms of graphics.
>b-but Pokemon has to store over 700 models!!!
More excuses
>>
File: 1466047579876.png (141 KB, 693x504) Image search: [Google]
1466047579876.png
141 KB, 693x504
>>26850267
>Fantasy Life
>>
>>26850328
>tfw clocked over 200 hours playing FL
>>
>>26849656
The new Kirby Robobot makes gorgeous use of the 3D function.
>>
>>26849557
Some games do it right. Monster hunter 3U did 3D better than any title I've ever seen, not only is there little to no slowdown, but it actually helps you play in some areas and gives you an even wider FoV.
And it looks better than pokemon too.

Pokemon is just lazy, though it's honestly not a title I'd play in 3D anyways there's no other excuse for them.
>>
>>26850347
>only 200

full pleb I'm on my third file with 300 on each file
>>
3D is pointless and gives me a headache. This is great news!!! Hell yeah
>>
>>26850825
Don't kid yourself about MH looking better than Pokémon graphically. The monsters and environments don't have anywhere near the poly counts of a Pokémon battle.
>>
>>26850983
3U was gorgeous on the 3ds though.

They fucked up so hard with 4U
>>
I pretty much forgot 3D is an even a thing, and I have no plans to get a n3DS where it's supposed to be more comfortable
>>
>>26850149
That's ridiculously stupid of you to say.

They know that most people don't use 3D 24/7 when playing 3DS so they're being efficient graphics-wise.
>>
>>26853118
Yeah, it was beautiful for sure, but the models are all much less complex than the battle models in Pokémon.
>>
>>26849615
Monster Hunter has fantastic 3D with minimal performance drop.
Pokemon's 3D, on top of it being shallow, almost halves the already bad FPS
I dunno if it's just poorly coded or the models are just too high res. Either way, I hope SM can fix it the performance issues
>>
>>26850825
Monster Hunter just has more elaborate textures than pokemon, everything else is a lot cheaper.
>>
>>26849533
6.5fags continuing to get utterly destroyed.
>>
>>26850960
>autism
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.