[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /vp/, how about a rousing thread of 'ask me questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: caution.jpg (141 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
caution.jpg
141 KB, 500x375
Hey /vp/, how about a rousing thread of 'ask me questions about how shit in the Pokemon world works and I give you esoteric and probably bullshit answers; upon which you will probably call me a faggot for saying said bullshit.'

how's that sound?
>>
File: 1466652733495.jpg (215 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
1466652733495.jpg
215 KB, 700x560
>>26849021
I'll bite.

How is it that Nate reaches such ridiculous levels of fuckability that even straight men fall for him.
>>
>>26849069
He's got that top tier boipussi we all crave, additionally his neotenous features and mannerisms only serve to heighten his sexual appeal. Basically everything about Nate screams 'tenderly make love to my butt'.
>>
What do Poképuffs taste like? Cake? Can people eat them? How much are they to buy? CAN I HAVE SOME
>>
>>26849119
No you can't have any because fuck you (also yes they are like cake, People can buy them, and they cost from around $20 to $355)
>>
Battling and collecting is all the pokeworld is about, the end.
>>
>>26849021
What about trading makes the likes of Machoke or Haunter evolve?
>>
>>26849190
>this nigger never did contests
fucking pleb
>>
more legit than any John Gamefreak thread.

how the fuck do they still discover new species like cross-gen shit? Like no-one ever evolved a Mamoswine before??
>>
>>26849201
Contests are only a minigame, they have no importance on the game at large.
>>
So how hasn't society crumbled yet, despite dropping out of elementary school and fighting each other in the woods?
>>
>>26849190
>>26849201
>>26849227
>these morons never dug fossils and laid traps in the Underground
What? You faggots don't love archaeology or something?
>>
File: 1464909656201.jpg (88 KB, 495x488) Image search: [Google]
1464909656201.jpg
88 KB, 495x488
>>26849190
>This fag never traded, walked with, had contests with, bred, dressed up, participated in musicals with, made movies with, played with, fed Pokeblocks/Poffins/Pokepuffs to, recorded pokedex information on, changed forms of, treasure hunted with, Conquered Sengoku-era Japan with, took pictures of, played puzzle games with, raced with, or drew his Pokemon.
>>
>>26849200
Well you see that when the Pokemon are traded the format transfers the Pokemon as energy and during the transfer in this state some Pokemon experience the transformation of evolution, that isn't to say Pokemon that don't evolve are not affected by this, they are, just to a lesser to degree (hence why traded Pokemon gain more exp). So think of it as those specific Pokemon being more, susceptible, so to speak to the energy shift that takes place, thus why they undergo evolution that would otherwise not happen.
>>
>>26849252
Again, minigame. No importance.
>>
Silver evolved his Golbat because he learnt how to stop being an edgelord
Maxie and Archie evolved their Golbat because they are allegedly good people
Why does Cyrus have a Crobat?
>>
>>26849271
Well, you do it for fossils, but that's all you do it for.
>>
>>26849222
Well first Mamoswine has an unusual evolution method so cut the hicks from Johto some slack for not figuring it out. Secondly it's because people's understanding of Pokemon is very rudimentary and thus even concepts such as 'hey maybe a Pokemon will evolve by being happier' take years to figure out, merely because no one really bothers to figure such things out until they happen by accident or coincidence which then fuels curiosity in it.
>>26849246
Because that's the very core of society, high education is not necessary.
>>
>>26849271
>digging up dead Pokemon and bringing them back to life with no Frankenstein's-Monster-like ramification has no importance
Anyway, in Gen IV, playing this "minigame" was the only to catch Spiritomb and complete your Pokedex. Seems pretty important to me.
>>
>>26849282
He methodically determined that having Golbat evolve would be the most advantageous to his goals and the cost of fuelling it's piteous and irrational happiness was a low enough trade off. it was purely a pragmatic decision on his part.
>>
>>26849331
Or you can just bugger it off someone else and call it a day.
>>
>>26849352
That's actually pretty neat. Thanks OP!
>>
>>26849321
Pokemon have been around for ages, this makes no sense.
>>
>>26849021
Whats the food they eat in the animé, is it Pokémon meat or something else?
>>
>>26849386
We aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the shelf.
>>
>>26849370
There's always that option. Though I imagine that unless the first Spiritomb was hacked into existence, the first person who got it had to do it through the Underground.
>>
>>26849400
VEGANISM BITCH
>>
>>26849021
Are pokemon bad or do they just have bad trainers? As in are pokemon evil or taught evil?
>>
>>26706895

There's your fanfic thread, now get out. You're lucky I can't throw you out.
>>
>>26849433
think the first Spiritomb came from the "Catch Trainer Pokemon" hack that was so easy in gen 4, right off of Cynthia's team.
>>
>>26849452
Evil type exists.
>>
>>26849452
Pokemon are born amoral and then form their own morality as they so wish, as in they are not necessarily bad or good, at least in intention. Now they can most surely do 'evil' acts without any human interference, but that does not mean that they see it as evil.
>>
Pokemon don't have a personality, that's just a stupid stat raising gimmick.

Battling and collecting are all that exist.
>>
>>26849562
Then explain to me how a Lucario could be proud of its power?
>>
>>26849460
Huh. I didn't even know that was a thing. You learn something everyday. Well, even if the Underground didn't introduce the first Spiritomb, I still feel that it was a great addition to the game and I miss it a lot.
>>
>>26849577
A stupid IV indicator.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.