[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Confessions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
File: vae8wAODJ1repe05.gif (450 KB, 425x326) Image search: [Google]
vae8wAODJ1repe05.gif
450 KB, 425x326
I hate the anime. I literally hate it. The shipping faggotry and Greninja shilling have made it into pure cancer. "Synchronization" is mildly killing my hype for SM to a certain extent. Almost everyone jumps on the ''synchro" train when discussing certain possibilities for future mechanics and gimmicks. Can you people not think of anything else that the bracelet does, or do you need the shitty anime to fuel your fucking imagination?
>>
What I really hate about the anime is that 90% of the episodes are literally useless
>>
What I hate about the anime is that they only just decided to make it look good during shitty gen 6.
>>
>>26848732
What I hate about the anime, is that every time I hear James, I am reminded that OG James was literally perfect.
>>
>>26848732
I strictly play the main series and spin off games of Pokemon. I don't collect the TCG, I don't watch any of the shows or movies. I just simply grew into the games, thats it.

Am I autistic?
>>
>>26848800
Literally the textbook definition of "Not an autist" for Pokemon.
>>
What I hate about the anime is that I don't give a shit about anything. The status quo were reset every god-damned season after Ash loses the league gets a new girl gets a new crew and continues is journey with Pikachu. Abandoning all of his old Pokemon are putting them in boxes to potentially bring one them back the next week to do the same thing anyway over again. In the meantime Team Rocket is just going to blast off and never actually steal the Pikachu.
>>
Then we'll get another fucking mythical Pokemon and itll have another God damn movie tie-in and no one will give a shit anyway.
>>
I watched the Hoopa movie on Netflix yesterday, and it was the first time I've watched the anime in a good while. It was mindless, but fun I guess. It's not really an intelligent or deep anime, and I don't really forgive it for that, but I like to remember that it's basically just an advertisement for the games, and it helps make it tolerable, in my opinion.
>>
>>26848732
I think the anime is absolute dog shit tier, I can't really understand why people defend it. It's okay to enjoy things that aren't always the best quality, I mean, I love Godzilla films despite how cheesy and bullshit they are, but damn.. I can at least admit that they suck dick.

Though..

>or do you need the shitty anime to fuel your fucking imagination?

This isn't really a result of liking the anime or anything, its about precedence. It's not 100% certain one way or the other, but it's extremely suspicious that a highly unique, design oriented, prominent mechanic is being introduced in the anime at the same time that there's mysterious bracelets.
I hate the anime, and as shitty as Ash Greninja is, I think it's wise to brace for the possibility of synchro's or whatever the fuck.

that being said, I'm trying to keep an open mind, the anime tends to turn everything lame, so maybe it'll be slightly cooler if it exists in game?
>>
File: 192006.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
192006.gif
4 MB, 500x281
>>26848882
>I think it's wise to brace for the possibility of synchro's or whatever the fuck
Just start pouring the bleach for me, anon. It's just going to be another fucking "win" button. Even though I have extreme doubts that it will just be synchronization since there's 8 gems that will most likely cater towards moves and shit, I just know there will be retards on this board that will STILL call it synchro, all because of the anime
>>
File: satoshi.png (740 KB, 970x712) Image search: [Google]
satoshi.png
740 KB, 970x712
>>26848732
>>26848882
It's sad.
What is your anime-level anon ?

Personally, I love the XY Anime.

I have watched like more than 100 animes, and for me it's one the best (With Gintama and Hajime No Ippo, for example ) : fun (yes the "fillers" too, stop just searching plot and enjoy yourself), really good fights, nice characters interactions and reallyyy good animation for a long running anime.
Also, it's more mature than before. (but still "limited" at some point, it's pokemon)

I don't say it's a masterpiece.
For a fanboy of Pokemon and a otaku like me it's just perfect.
>>
>>26848762
but the DP anime and Season 1 Best WIshes
>>
>>26848855
I watched that recently too.
I thought hoopa was cute but seemed too similar to jirachi's shtick
>>
>>26848732
>Confession

To confess something generally means you're saying something you feel is wrong in some way, it's a perfectly correct opinion to dislike the anime.
>>
I don't like Megas. Pokémon is about building a team and going on an adventure. Having to worry about which mon fills your token Mega slot just kills it.
>>
>>26849126
So you weren't surprised?
>>
I don't like the anime for different reasons.

It's just too simplistic. Every time there's a pokemon fight, the anime cuts away from the action and has the characters EXPLAIN what we can already see is happening. It's horribly annoying.

The voice acting has always had this weird, stale, robotic feel to it. It wasn't so bad or noticeable in the first couple seasons, but man, the English voice actors sound like they're just reading directly from the script. It doesn't help that the characters look expressionless and braindead most of the time. There's always this weird, spacey "glassy" look to their eyes, like they don't have souls.

And as other anons have mentioned, the formula gets old really fuckin' fast. New generation of pokemon, ash travels, hooks up with a couple new friends, falls for team Rocket's shtick time and time again, and after a fuckton of filler, the whole process starts over again. There's so much that goes on, and none of it ever amounts to anything because Ash's adventure literally resets every generation. Nothing changes. Ash doesn't learn anything.

The characters always end up irritating the piss out of me one way or another. They all have these forced little "quirks" that are always being incorporated into every single episode and always end up being dangerously unfunny. Especially Cilan with his fucking CONSTANT food puns. No idea how people who watch the anime tolerated that shit in the Black and White days.

I also don't understand how Pikachu isn't the strongest fucking thing alive at this point. He should be able to OH-KO pretty much anything that gets in his way.
>>
>>26849019
>DP anime
shit animation
>s1 BW
>first episode
>Ash forgets how to catch a pokemon and lose to a level 5 snivy

kek
>>
>>26848732
Your revive dispenser/badge holder theory is lame.
>>
>>26849207
I don't like megas because I don't really feel like they add that much to the game. I don't know about them being totally useless in terms of competitive play though, I don't play competitively. Almost all of them are total eyesores.
>>
ITT: People that think hating on the anime is a "confession" and spout BS they remember from the last time they saw it, ~10 years ago and have no clue at all how it's now

/vp/ proves yet again what an underage board it is when people judge and make up shit they have no clue about. Really fucking retarded.
>>
>plays a literally shit-tier children-pandering "RPG" game with a difficulty level below your average modern game
>complains about cute episodic anime
I bet you believe anime is for weebs, you fucking child.
>>
>>26849288
Well excuse me for having better shit to do than watch every episode of a show that I realized wouldn't ever go anywhere when I was fucking twelve.
>>
XY are my favourite mainline games.

I really dislike mythical & legendary Pokémon.
>>
>>26849242
>m-m-muh pikachu got his power stolen by zekrom!!
>>
>>26849288
Ash is going to lose the league, drop his entire team, probably with some bullshit excuse about how Greninja needs to train somewhere else to get even stronger to get around the bond they've been hyping, and go to Alola.

Literally nothing has changed.
>>
>>26849310
>implying your life goes anywhere you spend it playing games that do the same shit over and over again, making millions of eggs just online battles that lead nowhere and whose results will be discarded next gen
You waste less time watching 20 min per week than spending thousands of hours on a game each generation.
>>
>>26849355
>Implying I do any of that shit
>>
>>26849374
So you're not playing the games at all? And not watching.the anime either? What the fuck are you doing here, you autistic child?
>>
File: 1454306104589.png (156 KB, 350x230) Image search: [Google]
1454306104589.png
156 KB, 350x230
>>26849389
>the only way to play the games is bike simulator

Not him, but I mostly just do in-game playthroughs, and if I get the urge to play competitively I play on Showdown, or I just inject it.
>>
>>26849543
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST AND CATCH THEM ALL! YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S PLAYING WRONG!
>>
I wanted to like The anime ( I watched it since it began)but The only apeal from it was The resamblance from The game. There was no Plot, and ash losing The league so bad made me drop it. I watched some episode here and there, most of them were boring fillers that nothing happened. Jhoto league almost made me wanted to watch it again. Even so, most of The episodes were kinda souless.

I gave a shot to pkm in xy, and let me tell you that it is borderline anime material. This is The closest thing we may get POKEMON at being a true shounen anime. I know is not much, but I feel like xy is in between being a children show to a teen show. Is like its restraining itself at not being it. Sure, is still repetitive, but it has its momento that I havent seen in Pokemon.
At least in my opinion I think xy most of The time The episodes mattered in some aspects.
Also I think it helps that I like every Pokemon that ash has caught.
>>
>>26849593
I did catch 'em all. I have a living dex, so there's no need for me to catch any more until S&M come out, when I'll catch (fairly) all the Gen 7 Pokémon, and then I'll go back to injecting when I need something for competitive.
>>
>>26849543
You're still giving money to some video game jews that do the same shit over and over again while spending a lot more time playing said games that lead nowhere at all when we anime watchers just enjoy 22 min of weekly animation and sometimes sakuga works for free and you daresay we are "wasting time"?
Gameshitters truly have something to teach us about autism, it seems.
>>
File: yarhar.jpg (46 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
yarhar.jpg
46 KB, 400x299
>>26849616
>You're still giving money
>>
>>26849629
>Muh piracy
I'd rather waste that time pirating games that would actually be worth my time, you see
>>
i found Metapod and victreebel creepy in the anime when i was young
>>
I don't mind the idea behind synchro but ash-frog looks bad. I hope they don't all look bad.

I don't understand the hype for following pokémon. If it were to return, which I can't say I want it to, I hope it's optional.

I don't nickname my Pokemon. Sorry. Now, with bank, I could have these mon forever. I don't want to get stuck with a silly nickname.

HGSS and Platinum are my two favorite games. Gen IV got me back into the series after falling off during gen 3.

BW almost turned me off the series again but I thoroughly enjoyed BW2.

I used to battle my friends after school when RBY were the only games. Since my older cousin understood the mechanics better than me I'd copy his team to basically murder my friends who only liked to use Charizard. I abused Persian's crit exploit and Dragonite with wrap. I was a smug little shit about it too and pretended I came up with the move sets/strategies.
>>
The only mainline Pokemon game I genuinely dislike is BW1. Many aspects of it I outright hate. BW2 fixed nearly all of them though and are my favorites. Even then I can still enjoy playing BW1 because it did do some right.

DP is fine, and probably the best game that isn't a remake, re-release, or sequel. Platinum honestly barely improves on it at least considering how much people claim it did, and there's a few elements I think DP actually did better or I at least prefer, namely in the story or some of the visual changes.

I'm not a fan of the area-by-area eyecatch designs like in Emerald, Platinum, or HGSS. I prefer the uniform ones the other games use, especially the 10/10 BW2 one. I don't care either way for the new area portraits like in FRLG and HGSS for dungeons.

What bothers me the most about ORAS of all things is how in the first three towns you can examine the sign with the town slogan to zoom out and see the whole town from a bird's eye view with panning for Petalburg, but not in any of the towns after.

XY has the best Gym Leader Theme.

People put the stories of the PMD games on way too high a pedestal.
>>
>>26849894
I actually 100% agree with all this but Mystery Dungeon, which I kinda disagree with (having only played sky). One ha s to remember that the target audience is little kids who'll only give you attention if you can catch it, and that it hits that mark rather well.
>>
>>26848798
This is my biggest problem with the anime too...its just not the same
>>
>>26849657
>I'd rather be pirating games worth my time to avoid the vidya joo
>Rather waste my time watching for the tv advertisement joo
>M-muh shekels are safe
Not the pirate, but neither is a more valuable use of time than the other, and you in no way shape or form are taking any sort of high ground by watching the show man
>>
>>26849960
They're good, but I mean I see some people literally say some of the PMD games have the best stories they've ever seen and some treat them like the only reason to pay the games any mind. I think that's a bit too much.
>>
>>26848800
Same here. But I do like the animated movie specials. It's nice to watch Pokémon be Pokémon once in a while
>>
>>26849983
The exception is that the TV ad is two clicks away and ready to consume and doesn't need any money

>pirate game (you need to search for it)
>needs a computer fit enough to hold a 3DS emulator
>cannot access all the functionnalities

>Want to play on console
>needs the freaking console
>needs the freaking cartridge for hacked games
>takes time to set things up

You literally cannot win this argument. All things work in your defavour. Go back to your children games, I'll go back to my children anime.
>>
>>26848732
I keep seeing people talk about synchronization but I haven't found out what they are actually talking about.
>>
File: file.png (177 KB, 250x275) Image search: [Google]
file.png
177 KB, 250x275
>>26848732
I hate nearly every facet about pokemon; even as a kid.

I hate that the anime has Ash lose every pokemon league instead of just introducing a new main character.
I hate that every game is about getting badges, beating the E4, and beating an evil team.
I hate that PMD puts an extremely encroaching story ahead of gameplay.
I hate that every generation introduces a slew of pointless archetype mons that only exist to fill a quota.

I've only stuck around because every other monster catching game has a terrible battle system.
I was hooked on pic related all spring. But I might've just liked it because it was different.
>>
>>26850765
I played that for a while, just to give Digimans another chance.

I'll give it to them. The levelling/fusing system was addicting as shit. However, the bosses were all just HP sponges and more than a few characters were absolutely fucking cringe-worthy.

Anything that is proper Shin Megami Tensei is a rock-solid mon series. Devil Survivor is fantastic as well. It gets a little edgelordy at times, but not unbearably so.
>>
File: file.png (985 KB, 357x2231) Image search: [Google]
file.png
985 KB, 357x2231
>>26850797
I've wanted to get into SMT but the RNG horror stories have deterred me, as I have a low tolerance for bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVvnO5lgM

I bought P4G on a sale ages ago and never touched it. I know it's not SMT in most people's eyes, but is it still worth a chance?
>>
>>26850831
Give Demikids a try, it's a spinoff of Megami Tensei that tries appealing to the Pokemon fans. Decent intro to the franchise.
>>
>>26850765
A lot of people who don't like Pokemon tend to like Dragon Quest Monsters. You've got DWM and DWM2 on GBC, Caravan Heart on GBA, and DQM Joker and Joker 2 on DS.

SMT is great, but I don't really think it's good as a 'mon type series, as your growth is pretty linear in that you can't really stick with old demons for long and there isn't really a clear evolution.
>>
>>26850831
Persona 3 and onward is essentially it's own, distinct series. I like it, many do, but it isn't quite the same level of enjoyment for me.

The Bullshit quotient in SMT is higher than most, but most of it is entirely preventable by midgame at the latest. Once you really get down what you are doing, it is more of a Bullshit vs Bullshit fight in a good boss, mixed in with a dash of always doing a scouting run of any upcoming bosses before you fuse a counter for them. It makes your victories absolutely delicious when your bullshit strategy pulls through and you win by the skin of your teeth.

I'd say give it the old college try. The worst that can happen is you get pissed at it. The best is you find a new jam.
>>
File: porygon_z_seizure.gif (2 MB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
porygon_z_seizure.gif
2 MB, 240x240
I don't watch the main series of anime, but I liked Pokemon Origins.
>>
>>26850765
I was skeptical of digi games myself, having tried to play Dawn/Dusk and immediately being put off by the matter that you have to grind to do anything. When I saw this game made it easier, I wanted to give it a try and was not disappointed. Be that as it may, if you like to maintain your levels, you will still be grinding a LOT, but I guess I can withstand it more if I am initiating the grinding myself instead of being demanded to do it. Yes, I did end up overpowered, but I kept a good pace until I got Megas, by which point I got PlatinumNumemon and all hell broke loose. I also cheated. Having watched the game beforehand, I knew what was coming half the time and prepared for it. (some bosses are bullshit without it)

Nonetheless, once I had the digis I wanted, I couldn't think of anything else to do. I did try the Great Challenges, but I didn't feel like going further than 1, on someone's recommendation to do it since it is the only way to get the golden digimentals to play around with on new game plus. Turns out I didn't need them, though. I beat the game and went on to new game plus anyway since it automatically unlocks all the Royal Knights. I wanted a few of them, and didn't want to go through the trouble. I was not interested in Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, but if you wanted to, this would be the easiest way to do so. (you still need to beat it to get the sword in order to digivolve)

It was worth the experience, simply because I could better justify this game's plot, although that was not what was in my mind while playing. I had to make a quick decision on what digis to go for or I would've been stuck raising digis forever. After going through the game twice, I didn't feel like it anymore, but I'll still say it was a good game. Though if all I really needed was a love for the monsters I picked, then I began to question what my problem with Pokemon is. It still remains that I cannot justify Pokemon's premise.
>>
>>26848732
Anime died with the 80's
>>
The show is 4kids you fucking manchildren
>>
>>26849338

>tfw the staff will make Ash win a league, become a hero of an entire region, give him best girl, and end his story this season

They need to make it fucking happen, I need to see the reactions to this shit. It's not like kids give a shit about Pikachu or Ash anymore, in fact Greninja is more popular than Pikachu right now, so there is literally no reason to keep Ash and Pikachu around if no one gives a shit about them anymore (at least little kids in Japan don't care anymore).
>>
The anime is trash
The same formulated plot with a reset every region.
Battles are shit and the characters are bleh
>>
>>26848750
This.
If they just took out Jessie/James/Meowth, even from just 50% of the episodes, the quality of the show would skyrocket
As it is now, half of 80% of all the episodes is the same shit over and over again.
If they were to get rid of Ash and Team Rocket, we could definitely have a quality anime on our hands.
>>
I don't really like the games but I like feeling close to pokémon
>>
>>26853000
Cuz you're a loser
>>
>>26848882
>I can't understand why people defend it

Because people have different tastes? I found Sword Art Online to be insulting it was so shitty but evidently it's amazingly popular with a vast majority.

Xy has been a good improvement. It's still meh all around but if you watch anime, it's pretty par for the course.

People should stop confusing liking something with how good something is. Some do obsess but many others watch the show for fun.

Judgemental faggots.
>>
>>26853037
There's nothing to win.
>>
>>26853059
How about the game of life. Lol too bad your life is based of pokemon
>>
>>26853084
There is only one way to win at life. Are you alive? Then you win.
>>
>imo

XY are the worst main series games for multiple reasons. I've still yet to finish the game despite owning it since day 1.
I don't get the appeal of the majority of the spin off games.
If you're still watching the anime after like 14 years old you might be autistic.
Litten > Popplio >>>>> Rowlet
/vp/ would be better if the faggots who post shit like this >>26852816 >>26845413 >>26847514 >>26840045 >>26799958 got banned or at the very least sent to /y/, /d/, /u/, /cm/ etc.
>>
>>26853141
I'd rather be dead than a pokefag
>>
File: 1463375015339.jpg (83 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1463375015339.jpg
83 KB, 500x700
I'm 32 and have been a day one player(red version fag) . Spent thousands on the franchise. Still one of the only vidya that make me smile and forget about the stress of adulting and there's nothing more exciting to me than opening a pack of TCG cards hoping for something special. I have a 12 year old son that I got addicted to the game and a 2 year old daughter I plan on introducing the game too.

>I use my kids as a way into our local Pokémon leagues and beat the unholy fuck out of the little kids that play there. Both TCG and vidya.
>I'd rather play people my age but can't find any groups.
>Last time I went I was a good 10 years older than the next oldest and lots of parents got pissed that I crushed their kids spirits.
>My son refuses to play against me because it's not fun for him.
>I hope I don't crush my daughters spirit when she learns to play but I refuse to dive in a match for someone else's feelings. Losing is good for kids.

Am I a bad parent?
>>
>>26849317
Not my favorite but the introduction of the 3D battles really made it fun for me, I don't care how casual they made it I liked XY
>>
SEE!? NO ONE PLAYS POKEMON FOR WHAT IT'S REALLY ABOUT! POKEMON IS ONLY ABOUT COLLECTING AND BATTLING, AND THESE STUPID FUCKERS NEVER LEARN THAT!!!!!! YOU'RE ALL PLAYING THE WRONG GAME, GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26852986
I know I'm replying to something a day old, but THIS. I am so sick of Team Rocket appearing in every episode, I'm so sick of the filler, I'm so sick of Ash
>>
>>26853464
>replying to something a day old
FUCK me I thought it was a Saturday, my life is a mess
>>
>>26853219
>I'd rather be dead than a pokefag

Yet here you are on /vp/.

If you'd rather be dead, then kys.
>>
ALL OF YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE POKEMON. POKEMON IS ABOUT COLLECTING AND BATTLING. IF YOU ARE NOT HERE TO DO THAT, THEN YOU ARE NOT A POKEMON FAN. GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26853489
You aren't funny.
>>
>>26853471
You can like pokemon without being a fag. So I'll stay alive thank you.
>>
I have not played a real physical Pokemon game since Fire Red. Every other time I've played has been on Emulators and I mostly just play on Showdown.
>>
>>26848800
Pretty much the same. I hate the show but the movies are okay sometimes.
>>
FRLG & DP are garbage.
>>
>>26853464
They don't appear in every episode anymore, though. We recently had a stretch of 4 episodes where they only appeared in one of them.
>>
>>26849317
The only problem with X&Y is the battles are too easy and there's too many hand outs. The pokemon distribution makes Malls very replayable
>>
File: a30.jpg (11 KB, 252x256) Image search: [Google]
a30.jpg
11 KB, 252x256
>>26853539
>>
>>26853454
>>26853489
Please stop
>>
>>26853651
You have two options: accept pokemon for what it is, or stop shooting down every headcanon in existence.
>>
>>26852736
>Anime died with the 80's

>posting this while forgetting all the God tier anime came out in the 90s
>>
File: 1465051976027.jpg (19 KB, 353x359) Image search: [Google]
1465051976027.jpg
19 KB, 353x359
>>26853784
>God tier
>anime
>>
>>26848732
This is a confession? Anyone with half a brain should have the same opinion.

I always throw up a little every time I see this synchro shit and Greninja on /vp/. And don't get me started on the shipping. I don't know how many "adult" living beings partake in those threads but whoever those should really rethink his or hers life choices.

hide all these threads on sight.
>>
>>26852907
It hasn't been 4kids since partway through Hoenn.

>>26852939
I will admit, if they actually made it happen (I don't give a shit about Serena but then I don't give a shit about any of his girl partners) I would stop and actually go back and watch all of XY, and then give the next season with a new protag a fair shot.
>>
>>26848732
There are two Pokemon I'd let fug me.
>>
File: female_protagonist_SMresized.png (195 KB, 431x960) Image search: [Google]
female_protagonist_SMresized.png
195 KB, 431x960
>>26848732
I fucking hate the art direction that the franchise has taken.
It's looking more kiddy all the time
>durrr pukeemon iz 4 kidz faggit
There are plenty of games, shows, etc. aimed at children both in Japan and the West that have better art than this bullshit. I fucking abhor this.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.