[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sceptile would have looked much better with Charizard wings and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-254Sceptile.png (56 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-254Sceptile.png
56 KB, 250x250
Sceptile would have looked much better with Charizard wings and no christmas tree for a tail.

Still one of my favourite starters though.
>>
>>26848712
That would remove the point.
He is a leaf gecko.
This is why he was grass-type.
Charizard was a dragon.
This is why he was fire/flying.
How would removing his defining trait so that he had nothing to do with grass or adding generic dragon wings help it?
>>
>>26848712
So... a green charizard?
>>
>>26848757
>Charizard was a dragon.
>This is why he was fire/flying.
Its not a dragon. If it were a dragon it would be dragon type. Your logic makes no sense. Leaf gecko = grass type. Dragon = not dragon type?
>>
>>26848757
Just a small bunch of leaves on the end of his tail.

His tail is bigger than him.
>>
>>26848779
Stunfisk is not a fish. If it were, it would be part water.
>>
>>26848801
I wasn't the one who put forth the logic
>>
>>26848812
Have you tried reading your own posts?
>>
>>26848712
>Sceptile would have looked much better if it had been scrapped with the rest of gen 3
FTFY
>>
>>26849030
>I enjoy gen 4 starters
>I also enjoy getting gang raped by a pack of rabid niggers
>>
>>26849097
Gen 4 starters were all solid.
Every other gen except 1 had at least one bad starter.
>>
>>26848779
Horsea and Seadra are also dragons (that's literally their Pokédex species) but didn't become a Dragon-type until they evolved into Kingdra in Gen 2.

Also OP is a fag
>>
>>26849113
Meant gen 5, just kill me now...
>>
>>26848712
Sceptile looks fine as is, shut the fuck up.

It's a badass grass-velociraptor, and I will never understand how derp-mudskipper and fire cock were ever more popular, designwise.
>>
>>26849170
>derp-mudskipper
Mudkip memes probably. Swampert was also one of the most solid starters for competitive and ingame. Who doesn't want a water starter that can shutdown Electric types and easily take hits at the same time?
>fire cock
Looks like someone never watched how Ash didn't win the Johto league....
>>
>>26848779
Types are elements, not literal classifications. A charizard isn't a "fire" because it's fire type, it can simply use fire to great effect.

Charizard is a dragon. It's not a Dragon type, but it is, indeed, a dragon.
>>
>>26848779
Dragon was originally planned for Gyrados and likely Charizard, but they removed it because they thought dragon-types should be rare, illusive, and powerful. Also dragon as a type was a mistake, it's rarely well integrated to the Pokemon's core concepts. Dragon makes as much sense as lizard or cat. At least bug is versatile enough that the typing generally makes sense. Not to mention that a mythological dragon would be fire/flying, because mythological dragons didn't use whatever the fuck the purple shit associated with in-game dragons do.
>>
>>26849360
>mythological dragon
>fire/flying
>mythological
>dragon
>fire/flying

Nigga, Western Europe is not the only place that existed in the world back then. Have you even bothered to check what half the "dragon" Pokémon come from?
>>
File: 1465929977346.jpg (52 KB, 548x546) Image search: [Google]
1465929977346.jpg
52 KB, 548x546
>>26849278
Thanks for the (You), friend! Here, I'll give (You) one too.

And no, I didn't watch Ash fail again because I stopped watching the Ashnime after early Johto Journeys. You say that like it's something I should be ashamed of.

Also, derp-mudskipper being a solid starter (Sceptile is too, btw), and fire cock apparently shitting on Ash in the Johto League, still has nothing to do with Sceptile being better than them designwise. Which it is.
>>
>>26849360
What the fuck are you even talking about. Dragons are big magic lizards, they fit in as much as bugs.
>>
>>26849422
You know what I meant, the middle-ages European depiction of dragons charizard (the thing we were talking about) is based off of, not analogous dragons-by-appropriation from other cultures. And most of them are just other european dragons mixed with non-draconic traits. What were you trying to say?
>>
>>26849461
But the idea is bugs are easier to work with. There are millions of kinds of bugs, many of which are unique enough to warrant a typing.
Now try to think of twenty traditionally visually distinct dragons from mythology without stretching it to shit that isn't dragons (hydra, etc).
See what I'm getting at now? The concept just doesn't have enough inherent diversity. They've had to rely on boarderline-puns (weedy AND leafy sea-dragons, Dragonflys), lelsorandom shit (garchomp, the subterranean mach-speed desert dragon jet shark) and shit that's just completely unjustified (Noivern, who is just a dragon-bat without inspirational precedence). It's not that Dragon typing isn't justified for some conceptual reason, the just weren't thinking ahead when they decided on it (which you really can't blame them for, seeing as there's no way they thought the franchise'd come as far as it has).
>>
File: 1466648572675.gif (566 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1466648572675.gif
566 KB, 360x359
>>26852212
>garchomp, the subterranean mach-speed desert dragon jet shark
Based Garchomp, son!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.