[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sea-dwelling Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-602Tynamo.png (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-602Tynamo.png
41 KB, 250x250
So I was thinking, why almost every Pokemon that lives in the sea is Water-type? So far, the only ones who aren't Water-type are Lileep, Anorith, pic related and Inkay. Did I miss someone?

Discuss whether or not sea-dwelling Pokemon should be Water-type.
You may also try to come up with a new Pokemon.
For instance, an Electric/Poison jellyfish I just came up with.
>>
Stunfisk doesn't live in the sea technically (but then again neither does Tynamo) but it is a water dwelling Pokemon that isnt water type.

I like that they're diversifying that. The fact that everything that lived in water was automatically water type before is the reason we have so many water types to begin with.
>>
>>26848623
Dratini?
>>
>no mention of Dragalge
Bruh.
>>
>>26848623
I like this trend, it helps diversify the types we have now.

Electric/Poison Eelektross mega when
>>
>>26848623
inkay isnt a water dweller though.
>>
Lugia, for one.
And yeah, all franchises go through a stage of IT LIVES IN THE WATER SO IT MUST SPIT WATER TO ATTACK before they realize that makes zero sense.
>>
>>26849075
Bait
>>
>>26848623
I know you can fish up Grimer. Does that count?
>>
>>26849092
not bait? you catch them on dry land in the game and they've been shown to live in the forest in the anime.
>>
>>26849099
Grimer isn't naturally found in water environments, appearing only on polluted areas. So it's a no.
>>
>>26849111
They're also shown to live in the water in the anime.
>>
>>26849111
>>26849140
Don't forget that the Pokédex entry for Eelektross states that it comes out of the sea to hunt.
Only Richard believes in the Pokédex, though, so make of that what you will.
>>
>>26849140
>They're also shown to live in the water in the anime.
they only time an inkay that isnt James' has appeared was in Facing the grand design, where they live in a forest. James caught his in the same forest that ash and co find dedenne
>>
>>26849134
A less literal interpretation of Grimer and Muk would be anaerobic muck. Akin to a pond or lake bottom
>>
>>26849176
Wait, I fucked up. I thought we were talking about Tynamo. Sorry.
>>
Dragalge lives in the sea and is not a water type
>>
>>26849325
My dick lives in the sea that is your mom's vagina and it's not Water-type.
>>
Anorith and Armaldo are also water dwelling pokemon that aren't water type
>>
>>26848623
I'd like to see:
a Rock/Electric stonefish pokemon
aa Rock/Poison anemone
a Rock/Ghost evolution of Corsola
a Grass/Dragon leafy seadragon
an Electric/Poison platypus
>>
>>26849416
Yeah but I taught her water type attacks like hydro pump and water gun
>>
>>26848623
Dratini and dragonair live in water. Don't know about Drogonite though.
>>
>>26848623
Is no one going to point out to OP they've posted a pokemon that doesn't and has never been found in, water?
>>
>>26852028
Eelektros' pokedex entry and seaside cave m8.
>>
>>26852088
never read the dex entry, but even in SEASIDE cave, you never find it IN the water. you find it free-floating out in the cave floor.

Hell, since the other place you find it is chargestone, it's probably using magnetism to fly or something.
>>
File: In the water.gif (1024 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
In the water.gif
1024 KB, 500x281
>>26852127
True enough, just being in the cave isn't proof. There is this, but I don't know how cannon you'd consider the anime.
>>
>>26849416
>>26851729

Even though it's winter here, it still has to be summer somewhere else in the world, and that's just sad.
>>
Making a pokemon that lives in the water weak to water would make zero sense.
>>
>>26852522
Stunfisk says hi.
Before you go there, it's weak to mud as well.
>>
>>26852491
You Australia too?
>>
>>26849236
In one of the movies you can see Inkay and Malmat swimming in the deep sea.
>>
>>26852661
>In one of the movies you can see Inkay and Malmat swimming in the deep sea.
not according to any website that keeps track of that shit, which movie and at what time?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2270x1690) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2270x1690
>>26851691

Dragalge is already a leafy sea dragon but it's Dragon/Poison type.
>>
>>26848623
> For instance, an Electric/Poison jellyfish I just came up with.
Fuck off I posted that idea months ago
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.