[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: 1466713486249.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1466713486249.gif
3 MB, 500x281
What did he mean by this?
>>
Special mega evolution moves
It's coming
Prepare yourself
>>
I wish he was doing this with Pikachu. I guess Greninja will be benched though next season so it won't be an issue with this feature existing.

What does Pikachu even do now?
>>
I wish they had used this kind of budget on a season based on a good region.
>>
>>26847306
DESTRUCTO DISC!
>>
It's a move that was created out of thin air by the writers and directors just to get ash greninja to look cooler. This region has truly gone to shit with all of the Drun this region has truly gone to shit with all of the Greninja mary sueing.
>>
File: NTRchu.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NTRchu.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
>>26847329
He watches Ash command stronger, fully evolved Pokemon while sitting on the sideline.
>>
>>26847348
This.

The better animation, pacing, plot and general attention the series has been getting in XY feel so wasted on a bland region with bland characters and story like Kalos.
>>
Holy shit they turned it into dragon ball z
>>
>>26847329
Battles at the gym with Ash, chills with Serena.
>>
>>26847348
This guy gets it. If They had used this animation style in the original series, it would become watchable. Everything now is just shit. Evolutions methods, background stories etc don't make a lick of sense these days. Be even better if Pokémon was still under 4kids with the original English dub voice actors .
>>
>>26847430
>mary sue
>Lost to Sceptile
>Lost to Mega Charizard X
>Lost to Avalugg

Do you even know what a Mary Sue is?
>>
>>26847470
Who the fuck watches the dub nowadays? Don't tell me you seriously do it?
>>
>>26847430
>I'll use this buzzword to try to fit
Do you even know what a mary sue is?

>>26847432
Fucking Ash man, cucking his starter with the frog.
>>
>Some sort of strong attack aimed at Greninja
>Ash being his typical self tells Greninja to block it with his water shuriken
>it absorbs the attack
>gets charged up and changes color
>all according to plan
There you go retards
>>
>>26847430
It's not a Mary Sue but it sure is jerked off. It managed to do lasting damage to the Champion's ace so Diantha is either garbage or it is OP. The whole league is going to be "Ash Greninja is the best thing ever. Coming to you in Pokemon Sun and Moon."
>>
>>26847312
I'd be okay with this. My bro mega heracross could get some kind of badass bug-cannon thingy

I think if it's implemented into the games though, the special attack might be a one-time use or something. Like only having 1PP
>>
>>26847329
Pikachu can pull even more ridiculous miracles from time to time because he doesn't rely 100% on Ash.

like that time he did that spring tail thing to dodge a Hyper Beam from Drake's dragonite.
>>
Rasenshurikenttebayo
>>
>>26847312
>Kukui's research is on Pokemon moves
>regional prof. research always comes in as a new mechanic
FUCK
YOU ARE SO RIGHT
>>
>>26847580
>>regional prof. research always comes in as a new mechanic
>Juniper researched Pokemon origins
>Rowan researched Pokemon evolution
>Birch researched pokemon habitats
>Mechanically relevant
>>
I know the anime has always been a huge ad for the games and the franchise in general, but why does XY&Z feel so much more commercial than every other series?
>>
>>26847596
>Rowan researched Pokemon evolution
>Literally the most new evolution methods introduced in a game thus far

>Birch researched Pokemon habitats
>Weather mechanics bro

>Juniper researched Pokemon origins
You got me there, but black and white were kind of a reboot, so you can think of it as like the 'origin' of the series.
>>
>>26847596
>evolving in specific areas
>not mechanically relevant

>Birch
>Hoenn was the first region to prominently have a desert area (I think) and places like the ash route, also weather
>not relevant

>I'll give you Juniper but headcanon says her theme is origins because BW was a "fresh start"
>>
>>26847646
>>Juniper researched Pokemon origins
this was more related to the legend trio than anything else since the game was way more story focused than any other pokemon title
>>
>>26847646
>>26847658
>Weather = habitat
t. patternfags
>>
>>26847669
>Weather isn't the same as habitat but it was the first set of games to have areas with specific weather in them. Also, you could explore more various biomes than any other game before.

Hoenn is still shit tho
>>
>>26847669
>I'll just ignore the introduction of new habitats
>what are deserts, rainforests, underwater areas

t. denialfag
>>
>>26847686
"Exploring more biomes" is not a "mechanic".
>>
>>26847306
Rasenshuriken
>>
>>26847498
>>26847498
>buzzwords

I Don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>26847719
Senin mode
>>
>>26847306
how is ash gonna fill the 6th spot? is he gonna get his snorlax or charizard?

snorlax is probably his strongest mon in terms of raw power
>>
>>26847743
Goodra
>>
>>26847698
I'm just gonna let you sit on how fucking stupid you are
>>
>>26847743
>snorlax
>stronger than Ash-greninja
>stronger than Infernape

Fucking kek
>>
>>26847743
>>26847740
He will obtain a ninetails, mega-syncro ash-greninja+ninetails into Mega Kyubi Sage Ash-Greneetasama mode.
>>
>>26847765
Nice retort, proved me wrong I guess
>>
>>26847814
I did, and you're in denial/underrage

Now quit being such a little faggot and go to bed like a good little 12-year-old
>>
>>26847485
4kids dub was acceptable because characters had personality. I only watch subs now when I rarely watch the anime.
>>
>>26847726
>A buzzword is a word or phrase that becomes very popular for a period of time. Buzzwords often derive from technical terms yet often have much of the original technical meaning removed, being simply used to impress others, although such "buzzwords" may still have the full meaning when used in certain technical contexts

t. Wikipedia
>>
>>26847902
I think you left your nostalgia glasses on bud
>>
>>26847312
It's more than likely just a powered up Water Shuriken because Greninja is in its full transformation.
>>
>>26847994
Ash did have a personality back in the original series.
>>
I can't wait for /vp/ tears when Ash-Greninja becomes an in-game thing
>>
>>26848186
>retarded hothead
>personality

Nice meme nostalgiafag
>>
>>26848220
That would be awful, as it implies Ash would exist in the game canon.
>>
>>26848258
It will obviously be implemented with a different name, like Awakened Mewtwo became Mega Mewtwo when Mega Evolution was revealed.

"Synchro" Greninja, "Burst" Greninja, "Giga" Greninja or some shit like that, whatever's the name of the new mechanic that uses those gems on the protags wrists.
>>
File: dedash.jpg (20 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
dedash.jpg
20 KB, 600x338
>>26848258
>mfw when Ash is the new Red
>>
>>26847525
>Ash has jobbed in the league to promote popular pokemon (Lucario) or to promote upcoming pokemon (Blaziken.)
>Some cunt with an Eeveelution team won the Unova league to help promote the newest eevee.
>Ash lost Hoenn to get him back to Kanto to promote FRLG and to challenge the Frontier to promote Emerald.
>The league is now jobbing to Ash in order to promote a mechanic in an upcoming game.

Pottery. Not even mad, Ash deserves to win after so long.
>>
>>26848356
Yes, but not like this.

XY was doing fine before, making Ash actually train and evolve his pokémon, think of strategies and overall act like a good trainer, maybe even better than how he was in DP. They could have easily make him shine and maybe even win the league just by continuing that.

But the way pretty much all of his achievements in XY&Z, like defeating the champion and reaching the finals after 19 years, are almost entirely thanks to a super-duper-unique-and-special form of mega evolution that appeared out of nowhere just feels pretty fucking cheap.
>>
>>26848398
like ALMOST defeating the champion*
>>
>>26847306
She meant that Gen 6 will have special moves that need in battle energy or something similar to be used, and then recharge time while you are battling.
>>
>>26848290
This.
>>
>>26847510
so its counter
/thread
>>
>>26847525
>Diantha is either garbage or it is OP
Why not both? Diantha is by far the worst champion and Greninja is by far Ash's strongest pokemon.
>>
>>26847348
We are going to 20th anniversary of Pokémon anime, so the budget for SM anime could be bigger than XY
>>
>>26848663
It's more like Spiky Shield, but with more water.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.