[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any science lovers on /vp/?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 854x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 854x412
Are there any science lovers on /vp/?!
>>
>>26846689
Too busy lusting at his sister
>>
In college for degrees in Biology and Secondary Science Education

Pokèmon is part of the reason I love biology so much.
>>
>>26846712
Haram

Oh, wait...
>>
>>26846689
Hey, I'm studying particle and quantum physics right now.

I've got a Reuniclus named Muon and a Hydreigon named Hadron.
>>
File: 812.jpg (33 KB, 293x420) Image search: [Google]
812.jpg
33 KB, 293x420
>>26846689
No, fuck science.
>>
I like pictures of space with misattributed quotes for captions.

So I guess you could say I'm ready to write for a journal :)
>>
>>26846689

Yes.
>>
Geology major.
If drinking and hiking is a science, I sure love science!
>>
Of course!
>>
File: fiction.jpg (24 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
fiction.jpg
24 KB, 400x225
>>26846885
Bible study is not a science.
>>
>>26846689
Final year of my BSc in Biosciences, looking to fit in a MSc afterwards and then hopefully a Ph.D in pharmacology or some other area of cell biology. Always really mired the professors in the games, sweet lab coats and just chillin in the lab all day.
>>
>>26846990
Never said it was.
>>
>>26846967
lol that guy always cracks me up
what a loonie
>>
First year of Biotechnology here. Learning stuff is fun. I can't believe I didn't know what kind of career I wanted to study a year ago, it's so obvious now that there's nothing else that could have fulfilled me but the power of SCIENCE.
>>
>>26846712
N-nice
>>
File: = _ =.png (243 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
= _ =.png
243 KB, 619x406
Always loved biology, and I've always been pretty good with it, but I'm far too dumb for Calculus and Physics and can barely do regular maths so that path kind of went down the shitter

Here I am with the POWER OF ART I guess

Yeah, no, the POWER OF ART SCHOOL really does't have the same powerful feel to it as the POWER OF A BIO DEGREE
>>
>>26846689
I wanted to go to school for marine biology. Now I just devote my spare time to studying as much as I can.
>>
>>26846689
Nope never had a passion for science, math or learning in general.
Remarkably I always got decent grades just by copying my peers and taking brain dead art electives and retard math courses.
>>
>>26849807
how do you function?
>>
>>26849859
I eat well, drink lots of water and try to get eight hours of sleep a night.
You don't have to be smart to get by and even thrive in life.
>>
>>26849890
No but still there's got to be at least something you're interesting in learning. It's not about being smart but stimulating your brain a little and taking some pride and joy in educating yourself about the world around you. Some times I come across a mind blowing piece of information and it just makes my day. It makes life not seem so shitty sometimes either. I live for that. I just don't understand how people like you don't.
>>
>>26849985
I only find information interesting if it's relevant to me. For example if someone shows me a shortcut, I mentally remember it because it will make my life easier.
Obviously I enjoy remember Pokemon type matchups and names and stuff like that because it's relevant.
But learning about the Earth, or history or literature and especially anything theoretical doesn't really interest me because it's not relevant to me.
It's not like I look down upon others who pursue science or theory, my sister is an engineer, it's just really uninteresting to me, and actually makes me feel insecure because I know I'm bad at it.
>>
File: Murka.jpg (26 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
Murka.jpg
26 KB, 224x224
>>26849859
>>
I'm into Zoology.
>>
File: [SCIENCING INTENSIFIES].gif (182 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
[SCIENCING INTENSIFIES].gif
182 KB, 400x225
if he science, I science
>>
>>26850049
Not that anon, but being curious is kind of what makes humans different. Your lack of interest and remembering only stuff you need is like an animal remembering where is the food or learning how to get it but not giving a crap about how that food got there and its relationship with everything else, the animal generally isn't curious.
What I mean is... you're one boring human, Anon.
>>
>>26846712
>spot the pedofile
>>
>>26846689
Me
>>
>>26850294
Where the fuck do you think you are
>>
File: Dank_ROCK_BANNER.jpg (337 KB, 913x335) Image search: [Google]
Dank_ROCK_BANNER.jpg
337 KB, 913x335
>>26846914
Geology master race.

Geologist employed with an environmental consulting company, work in groundwater remediation, largely petroleum byproduct cleanup.

Rock/ground/water/poison types seem most fitting.
>>
>>26850289
You gotta realize not everybody is going to be interested in the same things as you.
I'm a simple man with a simple one track mind.
I set one goal for myself and pursue it relentlessly until I realize it. I've never had the need to analyze or form a bigger picture of things to get by.
>>
Micro, Cellular, Molecular Bio here. It's absolutely autistic but I love it. I most likely will do my masters looking at gram positive stuff (most programs are gram negative focused) but I really want to go even smaller, into virology.
>>
Workin for a BS in Biochem atm, hope to get a PhD eventually and work in synthetic biology/metabolic engineering/protein engineering/genetic engineering
>>
>>26846689
Science lover? Absolutely. I dabble in just about everything, Geology, Biology, Astronomy, Physics, whatever. That shit gives me a bigger boner than Pokegirls.

However, I chose not to pursue a career in any of it because I worried that making a career out of that stuff would kill my appreciation of it. As an English major, I still get to eat up all the nummy studies and trivia and claim I am doing something "productive" with it.
>>
File: 1357772921574.png (29 KB, 270x281) Image search: [Google]
1357772921574.png
29 KB, 270x281
Who /bioinformatics/ here?
I think it's neat that Pokemon attracts so many people with an interest in biology.
>>
>>26850518
>>26850479
>>26849782
>>26849764
>>26847884
>>26847021
>>26846717
All these biology bros, I'm loving it, geneticist here.
>>
Adding to the bio pool here-I'm a budding microbiology scientist aiming to become a full-grown lab rat someday, as I find lab work as fun as Pokemon.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.