[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason why these games won't be good. Make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 578x327
Give me one good reason why these games won't be good. Make sure it isn't because of "muh casualization."
>>
>>26846301
No reason so far actually. These games seem great.
>>
>>26846301
Confirmed for as easy as XY
>>
Director's only other title is my least favorite game in the series.
>>
>>26846331
>muh difficulty
>>
>>26846348
Were you looking to have an actual discussion or will you just put "muh" before every criticism you don't like?
>>
>>26846301
>Give me one good reason why these games won't be good
There haven't been any good pokemon games in 15 years, why would these be any different?
>>
>>26846301
They'll be just as easy as BW/B2W2/XY
>>
There isn't a reason, though there could be.
I liked that XY's story wasn't as intrusive as BW's, but the friends were godawful and I don't know why people praise the part of the game before the 3rd gym. I can't imagine why anyone would enjoy being stopped for some bullshit at nearly everywhere you go. No chance to see things on your own at all.

As we have seen, we don't have a group of friends this time around, and Hau feels like he'll take a route similar to Wally, eventually gitting gud near the end, so I honestly think SM will be fine on that front.
The only thing that could ruin SM for me is having little new Pokémon.
>>
>>26846331
Why do you care about difficulty?
>>
>>26846301
terrible gen6 engine with poor framerate, low poly and loading screens up your ass
>>
>>26846348
Wow nice argument man.
>>
>>26846331
But all the games are easy.
>>
>>26846301
Ohmori is directing with Masuda supervising. Want to know the one other title had that arrangement? ORAS. All my hope disappeared immediately.
>>
File: 1462853312257.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462853312257.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>26846316
This
The UI is great, the grid based movement is gone, chibi models are dropped, excellent designs so far, story actually seems promising, smug Rotom Pokedex as your personal companion, comfy Hawaiian islands

This has to be the most exciting hype season IMO, everything just seems polished and a major improvement over Gen 6
>>
>>26846331
>>26846403
>Confirmed
>Wow nice argument man.
>>
Because none of the first games of a generation are particularly fantastic.

They'll probably be alright though, like XY and ORAS were.
>>
>>26846393
What the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>26846439
did you play any gen6 game?
>>
>>26846413
It was one game. They could have learned from their mistakes in the 2 years between ORAS and SM.
>>
>>26846393
The issue with the frame rate was shitty rushed optimization and the ridiculous high poly counts (like 40k for 2v2 I think) so it'll probably still run shit unless you get a n3ds.
>>
>>26846488
Why didn't they fix the "shitty rushed optimization" for OR/AS?
It's no excuse for the overworld anyways, it looks damn mediocre and doesn't have 3D despite not even being seamless open-world.

N3DS doesn't improve graphics performance btw.
>>
>>26846458
I'd like to think that but then I remember ORAS being a system seller. They can just as likely see the dollar signs and try to make the game more like the previous.
>>
>>26846331
>Confirmed
>fake interview confirming anything
>>
>>26846404
So its fine that the recent ones are easier?
>>
>>26846550
It's not the graphics. I meant they at least seemed to improve the graphics a little, especially with trainer models. The game will still run like piss because, least from my understanding, there's too much on the screen for it to handle. The n3ds is less shitty and may run it better like it does with Hyrum Warriors and any game you'd notice a difference.

Oras, they had a year to work on a game that already had problems. They didn't have time.

The loads is GF being lazy with rendering or didn't want the game to lag any more than it already was. That's probably why 3d was turned off except for battles too.

The 3ds isn't a weak system but it's not strong either. Mix that with GF's bad programming, XY is what you get. The drops aren't too bad if you don't use 3d.
>>
File: pkmn blank stare.jpg (19 KB, 375x268) Image search: [Google]
pkmn blank stare.jpg
19 KB, 375x268
>>26846392

If there's no challenge there's no sense of accomplishment, and the game becomes boring and simply a "chore" to get through.

Of all the nerfing the pokemon games have done the one thing that REALLY irks me are the "two pokemon per gem leader," that is a load of bullshit. They're fucking gym leaders they're suppose to be challenging. There's no excuse for random trainers along routes to have more pokemon in their party than Gym leaders.....and its the one thing you really can't fix to make the game harder. I can turn off exp share, I can raise a team of ledyba if the game's AI is too stupid, but there's no way to make a gym leader more challenging if they only have two flippin' mons...and yeah I can probably just raise fewer pokemon but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of playing the game. if you're suppose to fuckin' "Catch em All......
>>
>>26846670
The story mode is and always has been just one big tutorial anyway. You're supposed to get your "sense of accomplishment" from the multiplayer. That's the core of the series. Not the story mode which isn't very representative of that core gameplay experience in the first place.
>>
>>26846721
>multiplayer
>RNG-driven meta with 20 viable mons total
anon...
>>
>>26846670
Not to be nitpicky but gyms have three. BW2 also had three. Plat only had four at the last gym and his team is lower leveled than Wulfric.

Actually exp all can help with raising over a team of six and constantly switching your team around. Taking a small team would make the game easier since they'd be overpowered and over leveled.

>>26846633
Just tired of hearing it as if suddenly the series got super easy. It's literally always been easy. Most it has gotten is less grindy.

I'm still hopeful that we will see difficulty modes to at least increase replayability and bring back in older players. It's less the difficulty that annoys me and more the repetitiveness. There's 700+ pokemon why does every bad guy grunt have a Poochyena.
>>
>>26846766
Its a bit of an exaggeration, but its definitely notably easier. The E4 has 4(?) Pokemon only and don't get harder, for instance.

Also, I'm so fucking mad Gamefreak saw Tate and Liza in ORAS and just left them.
>>
Again, which pokemon game wasn't easy?

The early versions were harder because we were clueless children and information wasn't as spread and abundant as it is now. Tell me you would figure out where and how to get most things on your own without outside help, even in newer generations.

Trying out things until they work is not difficulty by the way, Its what everyone does, in everything,
>>
>>26846752
Oh yeah excuse me I forgot Pokemon was actually always about a great, well-designed single player, story-driven experience in mind, my bad.
>>
>>26846881
The earlier versions were legitimately harder, but that's because Gamefreak was retarded and couldn't design for shit yet (>yet). It wasn't intentionally hard or even a well-designed challenge or anything. It probably took until about DP before they really refined the single player campaign.
>>
File: 1449863005954.jpg (109 KB, 624x1036) Image search: [Google]
1449863005954.jpg
109 KB, 624x1036
>>26846301
>Give me one good reason why these games won't be good.
Same reason every game has been mediocre since GSC/HGSS, you won't get a post-game that is an entire region to explore.
>>
>>26846912
Eh, I take that back, let's say Emerald instead.
>>
>>26846881

Are you somehow implying that XandY were the same level of difficulty as, say, Platinum?

no way dude, no way.
>>
>>26846966
>People STILL think Kanto in GSC/HGSS is equivalent to an entire "region"
>>
>>26846366
>15 years
You must put a spoiler on info from the future.
>>
To be honest these games will probably suck. Looks no different than x and y. Mark my words, these games will be bad. Its all about cheap gimmicks and im sure that diamond thing is going to be one.
>>
I just use it for the competitive gameplay. People who actually pay attention to the storyline should be 7-12
>>
>>26846997
>Looks no different than x and y.
You should open your fucking eyes.
>>
>>26846670
this. I hated playing though oras- even with my team from xy
>>
The new art direction is awful. Poor sugi is forced to draw this shit.
>>
>>26846721
Uh... No. Very funny b8 though.
>>
>>26846997
>Looks no different than x and y
See >>26846426
>>
>>26847082
The fucking series was DEVELOPED as a way to fucking use the link cable. That's the whole reason it and all of its mechanics and features exist.
>>
>>26846766
Uh, no, it's always been hard. Harder on bw2 hard mode, but after that... It's a disgrace, really...
>>
>>26847054
Sugi is out desu
>>
>>26846301
No pokemon game is good. They all have no substance, and they never will. They will always be nothing but gyms and the league.
>>
>>26847099
>Hard mode that you can't even use until you've already beaten the game once
>before Pokebank was made
LOL!
>>
>>26847105
>what is every other franchise
It's every time the fucking same FIFA, Yo-Kai Watch, COD and all the other shit. What is your point?
>>
>>26847129
The argument isn't that it's same. It's that the same is stupid. Not that any of those others don't also have a stupid premise. At least one of those actually has a point to it. Pokemon doesn't even have that.
>>
>>26847095
Uh, no. It's all about collecting and battling, multiplayer was just a means of widening those parameters, not to be the core feature. While multiplayer is an amazing feature most/all pokemon games, it's not the core. Collecting and battling are. Trading is just an extension of collecting, and battling with friends is just an extension of the meta. Only smogonfags don't get that.
>>
>>26847138
Did this nigga really just make the "video games have no point" argument
>>
>>26847054
I thought he was taking a break from the franchise or at least taking a back seat while other people are at the helm of the art direction.
>>
>>26847138
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>26847108
Die. Seriously, kys
>>
>>26847143
No. Just that those games don't.
>>
Looking at the new Map it seems to look like there is too much water and too small islands with small towns
>>
>>26847174
t. Someone who can't comprehend maps
>>
>>26847171
Hey faggot, if you don't like it why are you still here?
>>
>>26847185
Do you only collect and battle?
>>
>>26847171
No you literally just said some video games don't point as a criticism. It's what you said. That is absolutely absurd criticism.
>>
>>26847200
Nothing has a point. Why bother
>>
>>26847208
t. nihilist
>>
>>26846987
>Implying it isn't
It's literally a whole region for you to fuck around in and get 8 more badges.
>>
It's going to be easier than XY therefore the single player is going to be a snooze fest cakewalk.

I have no doubt the post game and competitive will be fun but it'll be boring until then.
>>
>>26847363
Kanto in RB is not equivalent to Kanto in GS
>>
>>26847140
Uh dude? Not him, and while that may be the case now? He's right. The original games WERE developed simply to make good use of the link cable.
>>
>>26846301
Are there still no preorder bonuses announced for NA?
>>
>>26847397
You still have to battle to collect pokemon.
>>
Just face it. The games are going to be dumbed down for the kiddies. Expect tutorials up the ass and easier battle mechanics.
>>
>>26846301
>Give me one good reason why these won't be good except this important reason
Anyway, no postgame like gen 6.
>>
>>26847638
At this point, I don't care about the main story being shit as long as they start making worthwhile postgames again.
>>
>>26847685
After their comment about people just wanting to prepare for battling online and tournaments, I wouldn't be sure about that.
>>
Too much water.

Kidding.

Honestly difficulty never bugged me. I like exploring the region and testing the new Pokemon. I'll get to see an entirely new region with SM. The fact that we have good and great looking new Pokemon is a huge plus too. I'm hyped for these games.
>>
>>26847768
Well they also said clothing would be a Kalos exclusive feature, so we'll see what happens. If Gen 7 ends up being a repeat of 6 where every game after E4 is just bike simulator and hanging out with a mary sue then I think it'll be safe to say that I've had my fill with the series.
>>
>>26847798
And you will be replaced by 10 10 year olds
>>
>>26847829
I'm perfectly fine with that.
>>
>>26846881
I played Emerald an OR at roughly the same time and OR was easier.
>>
>>26846301

>Give me one reason these games won't be good that isn't literally the biggest reason they won't be good
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.