[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I played the original Silver back when it came out,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Pokemon_SoulSilver[1].jpg (28 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_SoulSilver[1].jpg
28 KB, 300x274
Hey guys, I played the original Silver back when it came out, when I was about 12 years old. Haven't played a Pokemon game since then.

I just picked this up for fun and to relive some nostalgia.

What should I expect?
>>
>>26843401
A glorified tutorial.
>>
>>26843401
Post game Kanto is actually good.
The flaw of shitty level curves after Ice Cave is still present.
Kimono Girls interrupt your journey and spout exposition at you.
You are forced to fight Lugia, you can just kill it and catch it later if you want.
>>
>>26843426
Is it possible to catch Ho-Oh too?
>>
>>26843434
Yep.
>>
Does this work for 3ds?
>>
File: 1503.gif (2 MB, 394x218) Image search: [Google]
1503.gif
2 MB, 394x218
>>26843407
Mostly like the original then.

Any new features actually fun and worth it to use? Apricorn juice mixing and pokemon olympics sound pretty stupid.
>>
>>26843450
Of course, all DS games do. Hold start for 1:1 pixel mode, you'll have black borders around it since the 3DS screen is bigger, but it's pretty much the same size as DS screens would be

If you have a pokewalker that will work too, since the receiver is in the game cartridge
>>
>>26843464
The pokeathlon are actually fairly fun little minigames. The Game Corner slots have been replaced with Voltorb Flip, which is sort of like a minesweeper/picross mashup and pretty well-designed. Oh, and the Battle Frontier from Platinum has been ported over.
>>
>>26843401
more or less the same game overall, both good and bad, updated with a ton of QoL features the likes of which the franchise has never seen before and hasnt since.
>>
>>26843466
You have to hold start while selecting the game until it's loaded btw
>>
>>26843477
>QoL features

?
>>
>>26843401
2nd best remake
>>
>>26843541
Damn you must really like the Sevii Isles. I prefer the original rby personally.
>>
>>26843426
>Post game Kanto is actually good
It's very nearly exactly the same
>>
>>26843401
The same forced tutorials as every goddamn time.
>>
>>26843401
Pretty much the best remake if the pokemon remakes
>>
File: 1396072199589.jpg (9 KB, 267x150) Image search: [Google]
1396072199589.jpg
9 KB, 267x150
>>26843401
Hey guys, this is a bait thread, I didn't play Pokemon since Silver and pretend I have discovered this blog o.O all of sudden, I picked this new game I'm probably not even going to play right now but you will believe me, and hey I'm asking for your opinion because I am too retarded to make my own one but who cares because I'm just trying to set a genwar so lol, shit happens! ;^)
>>
>>26843401
>What should I expect?
The best pokémon game till date.
>>
>>26843886
As expected from a Dragonite pleb
>>
>>26843401
The best Pokemon game released.

It has my favorite mechanic that has ever existed in the games: Partner Pokemon. It's so great having your mon follow you around and you can talk to it and shit.

Also, I had way to much playing the mini games in the Pokemon Olympics
>>
>>26843401
Best game in series

>>26843450
Yea, but it will upscale it a bit. If you mind, I would suggest playing it in original DS resolution (you hold L+R or something), but doing this on a small 3DS makes it small af...
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.