[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish for an Alola mon that BTFOs Talonflame so hard it never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: monkey paw.jpg (43 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
monkey paw.jpg
43 KB, 750x422
I wish for an Alola mon that BTFOs Talonflame so hard it never sees light outside the UU banlist again!
>>
>>26841847
[Insert decent pure Rock-type in SM]
>>
>>26841847
I love how Talonflame pisses so many people off. Ever since its reveal, when people were outraged about its name.
Honestly, you all deserve to get BTFO for three years straight by the bravest bird, serves you right for shitting on him until he got Gale Wings. I hope Alola does nothing to weaken the guy.
>>
>>26841847
Only way that would happen is if something outclassed it. Do you want a better gale wings user which does mostly everything talonflame does but better?
>>
When are we getting new info?
>>
>>26841847
wish granted

Said Alola mon ends up being the Talonflame of 7th gen and stays in OU for generations to come.
>>
Priority rock move
>>
>>26841855
Iwanko
>>
I wish for an uber pokemon that BTFO Xernea and shitty power herb
>>
>>26842449
It is called Shedinja.
>>
>Iwanko gets a Rock Type pursuit and 127 speed
>>
>>26841847
>what is Magcargo
>what is Rotom-H
>what is Heatran
>>
>>26842477
>Pursuing pebbles.
>>
>>26841847
kill yourself for being a blind smogon cultist
>>
>>26842601
Kill yourself for being a blind smogon contrarian
>>
>>26841847
Pokemon with massive special attack and mediocre speed with a flying type motor drive.
70/50/70/170/50/100 seems good. Bonus points if its actually weak to flying normally and resists fire. Dragon/Fighting with this would ruin its everything, it even resists u-turn.

>>26842449
A poison type with unaware would shit on its day. Especially if it has stats to back it up.

>>26842601
talonflame is an issue in VGC as well. talonflame is an issue in anything it touches. it's cancer.
>>
>>26842720
>I can't beat it!
>it's cancer
Literally git gud you pathetic waste of space.
>>
>>26842726
its incredibly easy to beat, its just cheap as fuck, moreso in VGC than singles.
>>
>>26841847
Granted. It shits on the rest of the metagame too and immediately gets banned to Ubers.
>>
>>26841847
I hope it has a good quality postgame!
inb4 actual game is shit thanks to monkey paw jewery
>>
>>26841855
>Insert pure rock type with a decent move with 100% accuracy
>>
Mega Relicanth with ability Prehistoric Power, which reverses all priority on the battlefield.

I like Talonflame. Ny friend's favorite, Volcarona, got BTFO by my gen 6 fave. He's hoping for something like this.
>>
File: shit.png (287 KB, 419x1034) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
287 KB, 419x1034
>>26841847
>>
A pokemon with an ability that automatically uses stealth rock when it enters the battle
>>
If 50% rocks and water priority didn't kill it, I don't think anything will.
>>
>>26843037
jesus
>>
>>26841847
Bulky Electric/Rock type with Static, 100 SpA and access to Power Gem
>>
>>26843131
That's early VGC16. Now it's less cancer, there is difficult to see two teams that are exactly the same at top 10.
>>
>>26841847
Wish granted, but said pokemon is completely useless for and against anything else
>>
>>26843037
It's funny because now big 6 is totally out of the meta
>>
Talonflame is an example of why I like battlespot singles over 6v6. Talonflame isn't nearly as dangerous in 3v3, Politoad, Macargo, Rotom H, Rhyperior, Heatran, Hippowdon, Kabutops, Omastar, defensive Garchomp and defensive T-tar, are all great answers to Talonflame and plenty more answers are out there. Its just they aren't all elite S++ rank on smogon 6v6, so people never run them on 6 Pokemon teams, since they are typically dead weight. But thats why 3v3 is beautiful, you can have a core team that's weak to smogonbird and just throw one of those in your line up and only use it if you see smogonbird in team preveiw. 6v6 just isn't a balanced meta, and while smogon does it best to fix that, it can't be done. The powercreep has ensured that, so short of banning 75% of OU the 6v6 meta is gonna be over centralised. Add in that more powerful stuff you ban, the more unstoppable the less powerful good stuff becomes, see Talonflame. Just priority swagger was an answer to smogonbird, not on just trollkeys but even Liepard can play around that fool bird with T-wave, Encore, Knock off and swagger. But in the name of balance these answers and more are gone, so Talonflame becomes way better then it has any right to be.

Doubles is another matter entirly, gale wings truly screwa up that meta.
>>
File: 645Landorus-Therian.png (721 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
645Landorus-Therian.png
721 KB, 1200x1200
>>26841847

Granted, Alola buffs Landorus-T forme +40Spe and gives it a Rock-type priority move!
Furthermore, Stealth Rocks now deal 2x the damage it does now, and is immune to Defog or Rapid Spîn.
>>
>>26845256
Talonflame isn't overpowered or broken in OU though.
>>
File: 1393612960762.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1393612960762.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>26841847
Wish granted here is a new move with a distribution as wide as double team that exactly like extreme speed but with the rock typing.

A common Alola mon get the move and it's easy to breed on any other mon.
>>
>>26841855
>>26841855
I W A N K O
W
A
N
K
O
>>
>>26841847
I think people use the Monkey's Paw picture wrong
>>
>>26841847

I've never had a problem dealing with it.

Then again one of my all time favorites has always been Slowbro and he's always on my team.

Still even the times I didnt have Slowbro I still killed him fairly easily.
>>
>>26845370
I dunno, depends on that meta. In 6v6 I agree he isn't OP or broken. Just a very easy Pokemon to throw on most teams and dominant, that requires little thought and eats up common Pokemon. In 3v3, he isn't even that.

In doubles priority brave bird is a nitemare for the meta, it ruins so many teams that are otherwise fine.
>>
>>26844171
How so?
>>
>all these anons not realizing the wish has to at least involve a new alola mon
>they're shitposting about genies and niche mons
/vp/ is full of underage or retards with no reading comprehension.
>>
>>26841847
>implying Smogon is a big deal
I also want that mother fucker get out side of the vgc
>>
>>26842489
oh I love Heatran
>>
>>26842489
oh i love Magcargo
>>
>>26841847
>Iwanko
>Gets refresh
>Has a new move, Rock Shards
>Rock type ice shard clone
>Talonflame can't even status bs you now, Brave Bird does shit
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.