[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw when playing pokemon for thousands of hours over past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 23
File: download (5).jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>mfw when playing pokemon for thousands of hours over past 20 years, I gave never encountered a shiny
>>
File: 1414871783618.gif (266 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1414871783618.gif
266 KB, 480x360
>encountered 4
>>
In any gen 6 game:
1. Get a fishing rod and a mon with Suction Cups or whatever that ability is. It makes every cast return a fish.
2. Start fishing. Close your eyes and listen for the catch noise, you'll react faster, I promise.
3. Keep on encountering, and somewhere around 40-60 Pokemon in, you'll have a shiny.

Pop that shiny cherry.

Personally, I did this not long ago on route 119, under the bridge, where you reel in a Feebas every time. I now have a beautiful shiny Milotic that's dominating competitions.
You could have one too. Just fish.
>>
encountered one 5 minutes ago

gastly on platinum
>>
>>26841567
>Shiny Milotic

Sweet, that's a good strategy. I suppose a problem is I don't breed or catch specifically for shineys. I guess I always figured that eventually my shiny cherry would pop, but much like my hope for getting laid in high school, I am dissapoint.
>>
File: P9290355.jpg (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
P9290355.jpg
85 KB, 640x480
>>26841455
git gud. i have over 60. my best is mewtwo. u jelly?
>>
>>26841599
Yes... Sort of.
I've had opportunities to trade for shinys, but I always have wanted my first time to be special. That's why I've been waiting for it to happen naturally.
>>
>First wild shiny was a pokeradar Roselia (broke my chain)
>First hunted shiny was a magikarp, caught on my first cast of the Old Rod in White 2 (It was Jolly and had good IVs, too)
>First hatched shiny was a Charmander in Y, in a Luxury Ball with a timid nature and four egg moves.
>Randomly got from Wonder Trade; Lugia (clearly hacked), Zoroark, Golem, Tyrogue, blue Shellos, Manectric, and Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist

I've had a few others, but not many. Not counting Red Gyarados (GSC), Shiny Haxorus (B/W), Shiny Beast trio, and the many event shinies like Pikachu-colored Pichu and the XY mascots.
>>
Played since Ruby
Encountered 7
Caught 5

Missed one because I didn't know what shinies were. Zangoose.
Missed another because it was in the safari zone. Zubat.
>>
>>26841455
I've gotten 3, not counting Red Gyarados or the Odd Egg in crystal, or distribution pokemon.

A Shiny Kecleon in Emerald (The one you have to fight when Steven gives you the Devon Scope, no less).

A Shiny Pyroar in a friend safari.

An honest-to-god, shiny Palkia from Platinum. No resets or anything. Even had a Mild nature, so not complete trash.
>>
>>26841455
I've found two, but I deleted one (my first, a shiny Exploud from Emerald) in a fit of "I want to grow out of Pokémon" rage. I deleted a giant amount of Pokémon I'd saved up, including event legends, all of my starters, my first ever level 100, etc... luckily I found a shiny Mime Jr. in X, so I'm not at a total loss. Also named it Meme Jr. appropriately.
>>
I you haven't encountered half a million shinies after gen 6, then you're doing a shit job.
>>
>>26841834
One does not simply grow out of Pokémon
>>
>>26841455
>Literally encountered a shiny Wheezing last week in Fire Red
>Hatched 2 and found 1 in GSC last month
>Found several in Gen 4 and 5 and pretty much had them handed to me throughout Gen 6
I pity you anon.
>>
>>26841954
I'd pity myself more too if I a wasn't so damn lucky when it came to what I pull in the TCG boosters
>>
Never got a single one, not even red lake fish or african american dragon.
I did hack in a shiny aron to do the shell bell thing but I released it a while ago since I couldn't transfer it to x&y
>>
>>26841455
I encountered like 12, one of them was last night. It was an Onix in Heartgold Victory Road!
>>
I used a shiny magikarp for EV training yesterday. Didn't have any pokeballs since I'd sold everything in preperation for starting over. Oh well, probably the best shiny to fail to catch.
>>
File: 1464156108070.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464156108070.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>26841455
>encountered 2 or 3 over 20 years
>caught 2
>one of them was my favorite Growlithe
>only bought hg instead of ss for my dogbro
>speed through the game to get to route 36
>first one I get would be my playthrough bro regardless of nature, ability or gender
>first one I encounter is a shiny
>intensely dislike the piss yellow color
>actually hope it roars me away or doesn't stay in the ball
>stays in the ball first try
>conflicted feelings abound

To my defense, I love Growlithe/Arcanine's normal color scheme and the color in the sprites just made it look like an oversized bee.
Thank god I didn't foolishly delete it or something in my fit of autism. The move to 3d models really made me appreciate his color. If I think back that I even contemplated the idea of releasing it, I want to go back in time and punch me in the face. At least even back then I realized how damn lucky I was to get a random shiny of my favorite Pokemon, even if I didn't like its color at first.
>>
I only ever ran into one, it was an Exeggcute while playing Fire Red. I didn't even know shinys were something special at the time. But my brother told me to catch it for him.
>>
>>26841567
>forcing your shiny cherry to pop
>not letting it happen natrually
>>
File: 1465435747501.jpg (52 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1465435747501.jpg
52 KB, 500x600
>>26843603
>>26841567
>gen 6 is the curb crawling of shiny hunting
>>
I got PokéRus twice before I found my first random encounter shiny. Now I've run into 5 since gen 4, not including PokéRadar, eggs, and anything else lowering the normal rate.
It's fucked up.
>>
>>26843684
>pokerus
I remember that I got that once in silver and my retarded kid self actually shut off the game before saving because I thought virus=bad. I didn't believe a single word the nurse told me in the pokecenter.
>>
>>26842971
Also, I've had pokerus 4 separate times in four different games. Fml
>>
>>26844113
That's a good thing, dumbass.
>>
I spent most of my waking hours for 2 days straight SRing offhanded on the gift latias in ORAS, never got it but I decided to settle for a Timid and move on.
>>
>>26844850
Hooray, I got pokerus 4 times when I only needed it once. Dumbass
>>
I feel you, I have never encountered a shiny ever, except that Gyarados and event shinies, but I breed for one in Y and it didn't take too long, it's a shiny of my favourite pokémon too.
Just put two pokémon of different languages and start making eggs, that's the Masuda Method and could help you to get the shiny you want.
>>
File: HNI_0071.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0071.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>26841455
>encountered 70
>over 2 weeks of time
>one had pokerus
>>
>>26841567
these dont count..sorry
>>
File: shiny regice.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shiny regice.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
>>
>>26844933
>I don't like strong pokemon
>>
Same. I'll be 30 in a few years and still haven't seen one naturally desu.
>>
>>26841455
>tfw first shiny was Doduo on Leaf Green
I still dislike that Pokemon, but I've kinda warmed up to it because it was my first shiny. I've also had Pokerus and a few other shinies across multiple games.
>>
>>26845352
use bide
>>
>Mfw the only shiny i've ever encountered was a level 4 pidgey in Ss
I immediatley knocked it out in a fit of rage because i fucking hate flying types, especially pidgey....especially pidgey, sand attack has always triggered me and thats probably a leading cause of my hatred.
>>
Two shinies.

But I've never caught the PokeRus.
>>
>>26841455
I've found like, 7 in gold as a kid. But I have never found a random shiny after gen 2.
>>
File: 1372315399523.jpg (36 KB, 419x333) Image search: [Google]
1372315399523.jpg
36 KB, 419x333
>>26841690
>>Missed one because I didn't know what shinies were. Zangoose.

>playing since Gen 1
>still no shiny
>A hoennbaby actually kills one due to not having played Gen 2
>>
File: HNI_0061 (2).jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0061 (2).jpg
30 KB, 640x480
trigger warning, i did this on purpose
>>
>>26845984
Did you ever get that RNG abuse working?
>>
File: HNI_0067.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0067.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>26846055
i dunno you tell me
>>
>>26841455
>tfw my first shiny was a bidoof right after i beat pearl
Traded it for a mewtwo over gts, don't even regret it
>>
File: espurr smile.png (20 KB, 112x112) Image search: [Google]
espurr smile.png
20 KB, 112x112
>able to clone shinies in emerald and send them up
>guaranteed to get anything i want off GTS with them
>they're all technically legit because they were gotten ingame without a cheating device

gen 7's dex is gonna be ez
>>
>>26846603
I thought the clone glitch was only in ruby and sapphire?

Also, can you clone pokemon by trading and then soft resetting?
>>
>>26847357
I only have emerald, and the clone glitch works like so

>put pokemon in box
>save
>take them out
>go to link multis
>pick open level, pick 2 pokemon
>after the pause before "Would you like to save?" you shut the game off
>turn on game
>pokemon you took out are in the party and the pc
>>
>>26847382
Thanks anon, I'll cap your post and try it out later.
>>
>>26847405
It works with any item that can be held too. Reminder you DON'T shut off while saving, you shut off when "Would you like to save the game?" appears.
>>
Trading for a shiny to pop ur shiny cherry is like buying sex to get rid of your virginity.
Breeding for a shiny to pop ur shiny cherry is like creating your own mega 20lbs butt sex dutch wife
>>
I've encountered 2 but I've only caught one

The first one was a shiny ditto in HGSS and I was so pumped because I wasn't even shiny hunting and I caught it and I was freaking out and in my fits of autism I forgot to save and turned off my game

The second one was a couple days ago, I got a shiny Spheal after 107 horde encounters
>>
>>26841455
i've encountered 2 shinies, and my brother has also encountered one, all 3 caught.
i don't like using repels so that might be part of the reason. if you spamm repels i might see how you might never encounter a shiny.
>>
>decide to try to breed a shiny in BW2(?) with full odds
>fill pc with Totodile eggs
>after a few hundred eggs a shiny female hatched. She was the first shiny I ever bred
>finish hatching eggs and the last egg hatches into a shiny male

>get shiny charm and decide to try my luck in Virbank Complex
>find a two Elekid, one is shiny
>few minutes later find a shiny Growlithe

>decide to start a new game on BW and SR for a shiny Oshawott
>4 months and I don't know how many SR's later I finally got it

I didn't have wifi at the time so I couldn't transfer them to gen 6 or I would have done it immediately. Then my little sister decided she wanted to try pokemon so I restarted my file for her but I forgot to trade them to the other game first and lost them all. A few weeks later I got wifi and would have been able to send them to gen 6 if I hadn't fucked up. Thanks to gen 6 I now have 2 boxes filled with shinies. Granted a couple are from the shiny events but most are from breeding, friend safari and chain fishing. There's no excuse to not have a shiny in gen 6
>>
I was playing pokemon crystal doing a mono grass team. (Hardest play through i've done) my step father loved sunflowers so I used sunflora. He had passed on a few months earlier from a bad liver, at the end of the play through I checked my team and noticed Sunflora had pokerus. I had never gotten pokers in any game since then. Mfw it had hidden power ghost.
>>
Calling bullshit, OP, Red Gyarados is a force encounter.
>>
File: fuck this gay earth.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
fuck this gay earth.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
You're lucky you're not this guy.
>>
File: ShinyMareep15.jpg (2 MB, 3216x2104) Image search: [Google]
ShinyMareep15.jpg
2 MB, 3216x2104
>yfw
>>
>>26848833
OP here, I don't count the red Gyrados as a shiny encounter since its forced. It's like winning the lottery and telling people you worked for the money you won.
>>
>>26850247
What if it's caught as a shiny magikarp?
>>
Make a living dex so you can get a shiny charm in every game going forward.
>>
>>26850293
I'd love to encounter a shiny Magikarp in the wild. But the G/S Gyarados encounter in the the lake doesn't count as a shiny encounter.
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (716 KB, 1537x1148) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
716 KB, 1537x1148
>>
>>26850335
>why the sad face filename?
>>
File: shiny daffodil.jpg (51 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
shiny daffodil.jpg
51 KB, 614x461
>>26850293
Let me tell you a story.
>playing soul silver
>catch red gyarados
>surf back to shore
>shiny magikarp appears

I was pretty mad.
>>
>>26850351
She died. The seviper killed her.
>>
>>26850351
Because it is about to die, and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>26850387
>>26850372
I'm now sad too. Thanks for explaining
>>
>>26850335
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
>>26850305
I'm currently working on it. I just recently jumped into gen 6 with AS. I have a 12 year old son that I got into Pokémon so I got him a 3ds first and had to wait for me to get one from a pawn shop when I had finally had some extra cash.
Prior to that I had a DS gave my son all my Pokémon games and he erased my files. I have my original gen 1 and 2 games still but those won't help. I'm sure I can get it completed, just not sure if I can do it by the time Sun and Moon are out
Really loving gen 6 but haven't played X or Y yet, is it worth it? I only have a limited gaming budget and getting X/Y would mean I can't get any other games or add ons for a while and I want some of the Fallout 4 add ons
>>
File: tumblr_n2be5hFSI41ttdkobo2_400.gif (740 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2be5hFSI41ttdkobo2_400.gif
740 KB, 320x239
I'm currently MMing for pic related. I'm in 726 eggs, and so far nothing yet. Kinda mad since I have a shiny charm.
>>
File: image.gif (247 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
247 KB, 225x300
>>26841455
>tfw I'm approaching 90 legitimately obtained shinies
even still, I've found about five or six random encounter shinies before Gen 6
>>
>>26850493
>Really loving gen 6 but haven't played X or Y yet, is it worth it? I only have a limited gaming budget and getting X/Y would mean I can't get any other games or add ons for a while and I want some of the Fallout 4 add ons

Not really. The single player campaign isn't that great and you can get everything except Xernes, Yvetal, and Zyngarde via trading basic stuff in Wi-Fi general. You can get those 3 via injection general though.
>>
>>26850546
Ehh, not sure I'm wanting to obtain via injection even if it means I won't ever have a chance at getting em
>>
>>26841455
ur gonna be okay op...
>>
File: 1450561050089.gif (2 MB, 436x376) Image search: [Google]
1450561050089.gif
2 MB, 436x376
>>26850511
i got one while breeding for egg moves
it had one perfect iv
i'm still upset
>>
>>26850546
>buying single player PC games
???
for what purpose?
>>
>>26852657
Thanks Anon. I know it'll happen one day. When it does happen it'll be perfect and with the perfect mon too.
>>
>>26852713
I agree! Last year I came across my first shiny in the wild - and I'm just like you, in my mid twenties and have been playing pokemon since the beginning. I was just roaming about in Omega ruby planting some berries and harvesting some, I had just run past the bridge where the swablu fly over - and I was hoping to *not* encounter a pokemon as I ran over this tiny patch of grass, just one square, to get to the tree (or something like that as I remember). Anywho, I hit the patch and boom, pokemon jumped out. Lo and behold, it was a beautiful golden swablu. It was like 8am in the morning, the sun was shining nicely, and it was very peaceful, I was snug in bed, and there in my DS, in my game, was a gorgeous shiny swablu - my first ever shiny I came across in the wild (apart from the 'ol red gyarados ofc). I'll never forget it!
>>
>>26852912
> and I'm just like you, in my mid twenties and have been playing pokemon since the beginning.

I wish. Early 30s here. Was in middle school when red/blue dropped

Sounds comfy AF though

>mfw I won't ever have a comfy shiny encounter
>>
>>26841455
same
I have seen a few fishing and safari shinies now, but those don't really count
>>
File: shiny quagsire.jpg (14 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
shiny quagsire.jpg
14 KB, 400x240
>ss
>caught moltres
>forget repels and escape rope
>encounter pic related
>quick ball it, instacaught
>save like 20 times
>check lottery numbers
>5/5 match
>>
Don't worry OP, I just caught my first a few weeks ago.

Just don't expect it to be one you wanted.
>>
>>26850335
Fug
>>
File: 89354_original.png (42 KB, 260x240) Image search: [Google]
89354_original.png
42 KB, 260x240
>>26855892
OP here. I'd actually be cool with shiny luvdisc. I'm more worried about pic related popping my cherry
>>
I encountered a shiny within my first week of playing. But it's a sad story.
>>
>>26859010
>>
>>26858981
Zigzagoon's alright but fuck how many routes have it as a horde
>>
>>26841455
I've been in the Friend Safari for god damn hours ans still have not encountered a single shiny. Friend Safari is fucking bullshit.
>>
I found one in Gold.

It was a Bellsprout
>>
>>26841455
Go to the friend safari, walk around for half an hour, and update me.
>>
>>26860085
No can do homie. Don't own x or y, currently playing alpha sapphire
>>
>Playing since Red
>walkink in the desert of emerald
>wild pokemon appears!
>Shiny Trapinch
>fuck ye... wait a sec.
>party full of lv80+
>well shit
>start throwing every ball I've had at the thing.
>nothing works
>throw my last Premier ball at it.
>one, two, three, NOPE.
>[inser shiny pidgey guy's feelings here]
>turn off my gba sp and went to sleep.

never found another shiny until I hatched a shiny fletchling (that I didn't noticed that was shiny) that my sister pointed out one second before I pressed release. the fucker is a female HA one with 4IVs
>>
>>26846055
>Learn about Emerald's RNG abuse if you have a wild-type shiny
>There's documentation for similar shenanigans in FRLG
>Already have two wild-types in my LG save, get excited
>There's no reliable way of determining your seed
>All my stationary/giveaways and legendaries have long since been caught anyway

Damn, so close.
>>
>>26841455
>accidentally bred a shiny noibat yesterday

Don't worry OP it will happen eventually when you least expect it
>>
>>26860822
How did you manage to go through 999 of any ball? If you didn't have them, then why the fuck not?
>>
I played for years, obviously had red Gyarados, but who doesn't...first play through of Diamond, in Victory Road, just trying to make it through...ran into a shiny Steelix...single most awesome moment ever. obviously caught it.
>Went back and played ruby, I was resetting cos I'm never happy with my protags name or some shit, the Poochyena attacking Birch was shiny...was absolutely gutted, had to faint it and move on with life.
>Encountered a trainer with a shiny Manetric in the battle tower once. Threw a poke ball in vain hope but didn't work.
>Played FireRed again, at the Sevii islands I think? Ran into a Shiny Machoke, almost jizzed myself it was that random...caught, tried to transfer it to Diamond, that's when I found out my FireRed was a fake cartridge...

Later on get good at chaining, just random stuff, Phanpy, Larvitar and stuff...take a while away from Pokemon, come back to it, want to chain again, want to chain something easy...Zigzagoon. Heading to my centre reset spot, haven't super repeled yet...step on to centre square and encounter wild Pokemon...just think ah ffs, auto pilot hit run away, realise it was a random encounter Zigzagoon shiny...and I ran...4 hours later, chaining till 3am...got a shiny Zigzagoon through chaining and righted that wrong!!

TL;DR...bad luck, good luck...you make your own luck sometimes
>>
>>26860051
Hey OP, you want a interesting story? Today, I finally got my shiny Pumpkaboo. Got it with a critical catch.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.