[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here else recently replayed X and Y? I am so blown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x168
Has anyone here else recently replayed X and Y?

I am so blown away with how little there is to do....

I remeber liking this game, but there's nothing to do besides beat simple trainers with 1-3 Pokemon each. I really thought you guys were just hating it as a meme. I really think this is just a bad game.
>>
>>26835604
For some context I was playing each gen in order for sun and moon's announcement.

It's seem ok I guess
>>
>>26835604
There is a distinct lack of "that side area you get introduced to in the story that makes you mess around with it before moving on." Like the Pokeathelon, Bug Catching Contest, Polestar Studios, Contests, etc.

Its just battling. Except the trainers are sub par because nobody has more than 3 pokemon
>>
>>26835673
Like I know Unova did it, but that's because we weren't suposed to know what they had as their final evolution pretty much.

Also they weren't pushovers. Even without the exp share on a goddam N run, I never had any trouble in X and Y
>>
>>26835604
You just described every Pokemon game.
>>
>>26835700
>Also they weren't pushovers.
Stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>26835604
Thread reported
>>
>>26835702
No, I had infinitely more fun all the other games, hell even ORAS had more effort and care it felt like.

There's like nothing for a postgame compared to FRLG/Emerald/DP/Plat/HGSS/BW/BW2 and ORAS.
>>
>>26835700
Aaaaaaaaand OP is an Unovabortion....how surprising
90% of Gen 6 hate threads are started by Unovabortions trying to make their shitshow of a gen look better
>>
>>26835710
Clay, Elsea and Drayden gave me a hard time iirc

Fuck Skyla+Bycen
>>
>>26835700
>N run
Elaborate.
>>
>>26835731
I'm saying they started the bullshit trend of a max of 3 Pokemon a gym leader. Considering they're actually the last game I played before this, no wonder I compared them. It also just makes sense for how limited the region is

Sinnoh and Platinum is where it's at too you faggot
>>
>>26835746
You pull an "N" and release your team and use Pokemon on the routes around you every gym or so, it's your rules personally
>>
>>26835716
>Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

Global rule 7 faggot
>>
I'm playing X for the first time and I love it. It's very linear and straightforward, but all pokemon games are. Yes, even your favorite one. I love Kalos, and I love exploring it. I'm sure /vp/ will accuse me of being a "comfyfag," but I wouldn't really describe Kalos as "comfy." It's just simple and clean and gorgeous. It reminds me a LOT of Kanto in its simplicity, which I know is what GF was going for.
>>
>>26835857
For the first time it's fine definitely, but I like to play Pokemon games a lot, but this is my 3rd time playing it, and I feel it has nothing "special" or unique about it. And if it ever loses its wifi, what'll make the experience better than sun/moon or ORAS, or Sinnoh, or Unova's postgame

Also the story isn't even a joke, it's sad
>>
>>26835604
Honestly the games are pretty fun if you do a Nuzlocke run with the exp. share off, because there are so many great pokemon available to catch.
>>
>>26835754
>Sinnoh and Platinum is where it's at too you faggot

Actual lol
>>
>>26835933
Hates Sinnoh/hates Unova.

I mean you could like HGSS, but from what I can tell they like platinum usually

Are you a hoennbaby?
>>
File: download.png (27 KB, 245x171) Image search: [Google]
download.png
27 KB, 245x171
I tried to replay it but got bored, so I transferred some shiny FS mons that need levelling over to make it interesting (the Gogoat is shiny)
>>
>>26835964
I never claimed to hate Sinnoh or Unova, I think you're confusing me with the guy you were responding to earlier.
I just thought your defensive reply was funny. Platinum's not bad, just very forgettable.
>>
>>26835907
I agree the story sucks and it has low replay value. But is a game without high replay value necessarily a bad game? It's definitely a part of what makes a good game good, but I don't think it's the only part. As you say, there are plenty of other pokemon games you can play to get your post game fix.

These are just my opinions, of course.
>>
>>26835604
I'm playing it along with my sister and I'm honestly surprised how comparatively hard it is, especially after having beaten Yellow just recently. And I'm not doing anything fancy outside of keeping my Exp Share always off obviously. I'm not even using Set.
>>
>>26836015
It's just the most comfy IMO, also first return of battle frontier. Got rid of a lot of bullshit
>>
>>26835754
Unova's gym leaders have three pokemon too though. Platinum mostly does beside the last two leaders I think.

Stop overreacting the games have always been piss easy.
>>
>>26836084
I still felt like I was beating a hurdle in those games though.

It's just X and Y feel so lazy and it's like they didn't care. Someone pointed out to me before I replayed it that the battle Cheateu "writs" of challenge were level up sets. I mean it's the highest leveled trainer in the game with fucking level up sets, and still doesn't use 6 Pokemon
>>
>>26835604
They are garbage, some people here will defend them with their life, but you may as well ignore them.
>>
>>26836057
Well, when there's nothing to do after the main game without wifi and emma, a replay value should be there. It doesn't "need" one, but Pokemon has always had one. It should be missing both
>>
>>26836213
*it should have either postgame or replay value. It shouldn't be missing both at the same time
>>
>>26836057
>But is a game without high replay value necessarily a bad game?
No, but it doesn't do Kalos any favours when the main game is already lacking.
>>
>>26835604
Besides adding new graphics and a twist to competitive (At least for smogon 6v6, VGC was better in BW, but fuck weather) it didn't had much going for it.
Shit "rival", shit story and shit gameplay. It did what it was supposed to do though, attract new kids to the game by handholding you the entire time.
I am assuming this will continue until they get tired of it, or make a "darker" spin-off.
>>
>>26836213
That's a fair argument, since a lot of people do buy the games for the post game. It was pretty shitty of GF to omit a post-game, especially considering they included that cocktease of a battle frontier project in ORAS.
>>
>>26836258
That's true, it really bumped up the # of 3ds and has really high % of owners
>>
>>26836256
I know a lot of people are dreading a possible return to Kalos in SM but I think it would be great if it were done right unlike in GSC. As I said before, Kalos is very influenced by Kanto so if they were going to do another two region game it would make sense for them to do it now. I feel like Kalos deserves another chance. Unfortunately, there's no evidence that GF WOULD get it right this time.
>>
>>26835604
Another thing I want to add, is that they literally leaped backwards with gym leaders.

Only Korrina and Wiffric leave their gym, ORAS attempted to have more gym stuff but it was too little.

ORAS actually were good in the new features and up until Roxanne it's probably the most polished Pokemon game period. I'm excited about Sun and Moon because what's his face has actually done god's work, he was just forced to do too much with too little time, I really think they just shifted the blame
>>
>>26836357
Too little and way too late in my opinion. Like, I was dexnavving Vulpix on Mt Pyre a few weeks ago when I bumped into Phoebe talking to her grandmother's grave. It was a neat little event and it made me like Phoebe a bit more, but I'm sure 90% of players will never see it.
>>
>>26836442
Yeah, stuff like that. Thrown in last second too
>>
>>26836327
I think the reason people are pushing for a return to Kalos thing is because they don't think a region should end with such little content.

Also the climate was really dumb always changing per route
>>
>>26835731
Gen V is just like Gen V fans in that way. Gen V actually tried. That's why its better.
>>
>>26835604
X and Y got shit for post game, but it's not bad outside that
>>
>>26837225
I mean anon, what does it have once wifi goes down?
>>
>>26836067
I actually had a tough time with Grant in a run where I started with Chespin's, and I think I HAD Exp Share on. I don't think I had a full team or anything, maybe 3 or 4 by then. The fossils just feel like they hit really hard for that point in the game. Only gym I remember having an especial issue with though. Not to say other games had any significant amount more.
>>
>>26837300
The main game

Large dex too so your teams won't end up looking exactly the same like in gens 1-3
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.