[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Sound Type ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: exploud.gif (854 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
exploud.gif
854 KB, 500x309
This one is not unknown for the majority, but I want to talk about him again.
I think that can be a very good add in a generation 8.

The eventual table of type :

Super Effective : Sound Fairy Steel
Not Very Effective : Grass Ice Rock
Resistance : Steel Ground Ghost
Weakness : Sound Bug Psychic
Ineffective : Psychic
Immunity : Fairy

And for the number of actual Pokemon who can be sound type : (24)

Jigllypuff/Wiggllypuff (Sound/Fairy)
Politoed (Water/Sound)
Misdreavus/Mismagius (Ghost/Sound)
Taillow/Swellow (Flying/Sound)
Whismur/Loudred/Exploud (Sound)
Wailmer/Wailord (Water/Sound)
Chingling/Chimecho (Psychic/Sound)
Kricketot/Kricketune (Bug/Sound)
Chatot (Flying/Sound)
Audino / Mega Audino (Sound / Sound/Fairy)
Maractus (Grass/Sound)
Meloetta (Sound/Psychic or Sound/Fighting)
Litleo/Pyroar (Fire/Sound)
Noibat/Noivern (Dragon/Sound)

Eventually :

Voltorb/Electrode (Electric/Sound)
Sentret/Furret (Normal/Sound)
Spinda (Normal/Sound)
Minun/Plusle (Eletric/Sound)

Many actual moves can be sound type too.
But the Normal type will have a lack of special moves, need to add some new one.
And it's gonna be hard to have physical sound type move, but we have physical Psychic moves, so I suppose it's gonna be ok.
>>
>>26833124
No
>>
>>26833124
No
>>
>>26833124
No
>>
>>26833124
No
>>
>>26833127
No
>>
>>26833124
No
>>
>>26833124
No
>>
Hyper voice
Sing...

That's it
>>
>>26833124
Ni
>>
>all these negative responses
Sound type is stupid and so you are, OP.
>>
File: 1459553518494.jpg (42 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1459553518494.jpg
42 KB, 500x489
>>26833124
You made it super-effective to- and weak against itself while making sure it fucks Fairies.

>No.
>>
>>26833124
Don't worry OP I actually like sound type too. What I would do is add it and one other type to get the full number of types up to an even 20. I wouldn't go beyond that though. Also, I wouldn't really introduce the sound type in any special way, I'd just make it so it "happens to exist."

Anyone got a list of moves that would become sound type?
>>
>>26833124
It's fucking retarded. It's like making a "contact" type for moves that touch the enemy.

Fuck, it's so bad that you didn't even made one of those mons a monotype.
>>
>>26833124

>its a I H8 FAIRIES AND STEEL TYPES SO I WANANA ADD IN A TYPE THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO COHEIRANT STRENGHTS AND WEAKNESSES AND RESISTANCES" episode

No.
>>
>>26833725
not him but the whismur line is mono-sound. I'd assume the new gen would also introduce some pure sound types to make up for it.
>>
File: The-Knights-Who-Say-Ni.jpg (126 KB, 1008x566) Image search: [Google]
The-Knights-Who-Say-Ni.jpg
126 KB, 1008x566
>>26833157
We demand . . . . . A SHRUBBERY!
>>
>>26833153
(Attacks)
Boomburst
Bug Buzz (does both Bug-Type and Sound-Type damage)
Chatter
Echoed Voice
Hyper Voice
Judgment (with Echo Plate)
Relic Song
Round
Snarl (does both Dark-Type and Sound-Type damage)
Snore
Sonicboom
Uproar

(Non-damage)
Grasswhistle
Growl
Heal Bell
Metal Sound
Noble Roar
Perish Song
Roar
Screech
Sing
Supersonic
>>
>>26833124
I like the idea of a Sound type, OP, but the type table you wrote is completely stupid and senseless.
How about making the attacks SE against:
Ground (sound vibrations destroy burrows and underground holes),
Fighting (strong sounds affect the inner ears, which affects balance, a very important aspect of Fighting),
Water (water is a good conductor of sound. Sound travels through water five times faster than it travels through air).
>>
>>26834030
So this type would be Special only?
No.
>>
>>26833124

How about no.
>>
>>26833124
Sound Typing

Kills
Ice-Vibrations fuck up Ice
Steel-Sounds move fastest in dense matter
Water-Sound is faster in Water than in air

Resist:
Fire-Heat speeds up sound greatly
Electric-Its another form of energy
Fighting-Impact is another form of vibration and thus sound types would be resistant

Weak:
Dark-Dark represents a vacuum which sound cannot exist in
Flying-Sound is weakest in gaseous matter
>>
>>26835511
While sound DOES travel faster in solids, metals do not shatter easily from sound frequencies because they have metallic bonding and can deform. To actually shatter steel, it would require an enormous amount of energy, at which point that sound can hurt pretty much anything. We are talking about explosion-shockwaves levels of energy. Because of this, I don't think Steel should be weak to sound, probably neutral.

Ice, however, can break much more easily compared to Steel. Ice is similar to crystal, which is known to break rather easily to sound.
>>
File: Stop.jpg (32 KB, 603x452) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
32 KB, 603x452
>>26835511
>>26835711

>Adding a new type that fucks over Ice-type even harder.
>>
I want deviantart to leave.
>>
>>26835711
I know sound doesnt shatter metal but sound moves fastest in dense matter so it would supereffect Steel types by vibrating them at higher frequencies than other pokemon.
>>
Why has this idea been so prevalent over the years? What is so appealing about a Sound type? What would truly set it apart enough from the already 18 types that exist in the game? Ask yourselves these questions before you start clamoring for a new type.
>>
File: Roar! =3.png (430 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Roar! =3.png
430 KB, 800x450
>>26836184
Glad you asked, Anon!
First of them would be that Sound bypasses Substitute, a very annoying and common move. Having Sound be a whole new typing would provide many more moves and pokemon that are able to counter some very annoying teams and provide a sound alternative to Taunt.
The other thing that it would add is a new eeveelution, which is always a welcome addition to the band.
If done right, Sound type could help further balance the Type chart, another very welcome thing which would really help set the tone right.
This would also add some variety to the pokemons to come. Just like fairy type added more fairy-esque pokemon (Slurpuff, Florgess, Aromatisse, etc), having more pokemon with a musical theme is something I would look forward to.
>>
File: 1463882726601.png (187 KB, 710x538) Image search: [Google]
1463882726601.png
187 KB, 710x538
>>26836365
>That filename

Out
>>
>>26835511
I have considered this for a while and I have come up with these, some might take a second to accept

Sound-Type Offensive Effectiveness:
x2
>Steel
>Water
>Fairy (Generally hate noise and flee)
>Dark (Guilty conscious)
>Fire (Low freq waves extinguish fire)

x1/2
>Electric (For synergy reasons)
>Grass (Promotes growth)
>Psychic (Meditation, Calm, Collected)
>Fighting (Impact as mentioned, also Bravery)
>Bug (Extra loud by size/output ratio, some are less dependent on sound as a sense overall)

x0
>Ice (Muffles/Stifles sounds effect)

Sound-Type Defensive Effectiveness:

x2
>Ice (Deafens sound/insulates)
>Flying (Density reasons, air disruption)
>Ghost (Frequency manipulation/wall phasing abilities)

x1/2
>Sound
>Electric

Overall NOT a defensively oriented type which suits the builds of most of its contenders. Checks rather OP types while being resisted and blocked by struggling types for more-or-less logical reasons. Especially compared to some GF mindfucking. SEvsFire and Ghost=SE being my only qualms. Feedback appreciated
>>
File: Sound Type Listed.jpg (1 MB, 3200x2486) Image search: [Google]
Sound Type Listed.jpg
1 MB, 3200x2486
>>26833124
I agree with these. Plugging my own list from a while back, don't mind me.

Also spam your best official/fan art of the glorious type that has never been
>>
sound is not a bad type

but wind type pretty much covers it
>>
>>26837443
>>26835711
>>26835511
>>26835114
>>26833124
Yeah, see this? No one fucking knows how the typing would even work, because it's a stupid idea.
It doesn't matter anyways, as this won't ever come to pass.
>>
Fuck off
>>
>>26835511
>it's a dumbfuck thinks dark type means lack of light episode
>>
>>26833777
Trips and movie knowledge confirm good taste. Congrats.
>>
>>26835511
If Sound Type is ever added it needs to balance the type-chart. It should be weak to Ice for starters.
>>
>>26840725
>implying the current type chart needs balance
Fairy type was added to do that and the chart is fine now
>>
>>26833124
>I dont like fairy type
>>
>>26833124
Actual Sound type chart (with explanation):

Offensive

>2x
>Water
>Water conduces sound better than the air
>Fighting
>Throws off a brawler's concentration
>Flying
>scares birds away

>1/2x
>Psychic
>Psychic-types have the concentration to ignore unnecessary racket (though not outright)
>Grass
>sound encourages plant growth
>Ice
>have you ever tried to talk when it's snowing?
>Fire
>have you ever tried to talk in a burning building? (This might be stretching it 2bh)

>0x
>Sound
>equal frequencies cancel eachother out.

Defensive

>2x
>Fire
>Grass
>Ice
>these are basically the same arguments as above

>1/2x
>Fighting
>Water
>Flying
>basically the same arguments, though these could be changed

>0x
>Sound
>same

Also, naturally the properties of sound-based moves carries over with this. They go past Substitute, Soundproof makes them immune, etc.

Retypings I'd be shakier on, probably not as many as most people in the thread. Exploud, Noivern, Chatot, Kricketune, etc. all get them, but I don't think I'd want to hand them out to the likes of Jigglypuff or Swellow.
>>
>>26840810
Fairy is ridiculously overpowered... it's good against strong types and weak against bad types. How is that balanced? It just means people have to run weird coverage moves now.
>>
>>26840893
>nerfing overpowered types
>buffing weak types
>bad
>>
>>26840916
See, it didn't do that. The strong types are still strong and the weak types are still weak, it's just that there's a new type to capitalize on the currently strong Pokémon.
>>
>it's a "let's add a new type despite fairy, dark, steel, ghost, ice, dragon, and electric all having 50 pokemon or less"
>>
>>26840961
>episode
>>
>>26840964
thanks anon
>>
>>26833124
I think you are a nigger.
>>
>Thunder is now dual-type Sound and Electric
>>
>>26843289
I would really enjoy this
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.