[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is probably going to trigger /vp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 11
File: perfect theme.png (134 KB, 1960x546) Image search: [Google]
perfect theme.png
134 KB, 1960x546
Flamebait in 7 days.
>>
So...who are you guys betting on?
>>
>>26833072
Isn't Death Battle that thing where they make up some retarded bullshit about why their personal favorite beats the other while dismissing many of the other's traits?

If so, then fuck off with it.
>>
>>26833072
>Already did Shadow vs Vegeta
Battle is probably going to go
>"OHHH SHADOW IS DARKNESS AND HE'S IMMUNE TO PSYCHIC ATTACKS BECAUSE REASONS"
Then Mewtwo transforms into Xtwo and is about to kill Shadow but then hurr durr Super Sonic mode makes him invincable
#1 Rule of Death Battle: Who ever goes into their final form first will lose
>>
Immune to damage isn't immune to knock back, though. Shouldn't Mewtwo just be able to hold Super Shadow in place with Psychic until it wears off?
>>
>>26833088
Yes.
The only real reason is to see a pair of characters beat the shit out of each other, the animation has been pretty decent recently.
See it as an "animated" version of "superpower beatdown", it's completely based on popularity.
>>
>>26833113
>Psychic
>on the Edgehog that can teleport with CHAOS SWISSROLL
>>
>>26833072
Why would it? Charizard VS Greymon didn't.
>>
>>26833130
>Red is about to defeat Wargreymon
>"Don't hurt my friend!!"
>Ti gains the upper hand and kills Red and Charizard
>>
>>26833130
It did.
If only we still had a stable archive, otherwise I would have linked it.
>>
>>26833080
Its really dependent on 2 factors

>How DB decides how Power/Guard Swap and Psych Up work
>If Mewtwo's strength is at least in the general vicinity of Shadow

These will be the key to how Mewtwo reacts to Chaos and Super Shadow forms
>>
Honestly, going by how retardedly powerful Super mode has been portrayed in media where it's not just a pure gameplay element, Mewtwo doesn't have much to compete with here.
>>
>>26833143
You know the most "we don't even try" moment is when they say pokemon are just well treated slaves despite 6 generations, a 19 year old anime, the main plot of four games, and an entire game mechanic saying literally the exact opposite.
>>
>>26836016
B-but anon! You capture them in tiny mind control devices (that totally dont convert the pokemon into pure data or anything, a concept that shouldnt be hard to grasp if youre talking about DIGItalMON) and force them to do whatever you say (not that they have been shown to behave howeverthefuck they want) and make them battle for money! (Neverminding the fact that Pokemon are specifically described as creatures that MUST fight and that wild Pokemon willingly approach trainers, hoping to be strong enough to get captured so they can get stronger)

And besides, name ONE instance where someone uses a Pokemon for something other than battling. Like if its just a pet they keep around the house, or something they use to do things humans cant, or that their special abilities are well suited for like taking care of plants or lifting heavy boxes.
Can pokemon even have jobs? Like, real jobs working for a major company? Because if not theyre victims of an abusive relationship and cant even be made aware
>>
DB are awful and stupid and just choose to change canon and powers on the spot.
IE Garaa vs Toph
>>
>that time ponyfags paraded after defeating fucking starscream
>>
>>26836180
Who won this one?
>>
IT'S NO USE
IT'S NO USE
IT'S NO USE
IT'S NO USE
IT'S NO USE
>>
>>26836220
Fucking Toph.

I loved Avatar and that's complete bullshit.
>>
>>26836122
Moving company Machoke
>>
>>26836220
Toph by manipulating garaa's armor sand aka his mother which said can't be controlled since it is "alive"
>>
>>26836220
Hint: It doesn't rhyme with Chara.
>>
>>26836220
Toph because something about metal sand and sensing the earth even when its not on the ground
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>26833072
hopefully this is canon
>>
Oh this series is autism. The end battles are animated pretty poorly and the arguements for each character always carry obvious bias
>>
>>26836180
Man this one annoyed me. Gaara didnt even use his tailed beast did he?
>>
>>26836349
>autism
>arguEments
Nice meme.
>>
>>26833080
It doesn't even fucking matter, whoever those autists don't like is going to have their canon powers completly nerfed to suit their bias.
>>
>>26833072

Mewtwo could wins unless Shadow stop time.
>>
>>26836372
No but he doesn't even need to. Garaa comes from a universe where most characters are overpowered.
>>
Death Battle is literally Autism: The Show.

If I want to hear a debate on character vs character shit, then I want it to hear it from real professionals, not autistic retards who makes shitty animations and shitty biased arguments for their favorites.
>>
>>26836452
Up until the end no one was really that op except sharingan users and even they arent insta win
>>
>>26836478
But dude, the deep voice comments are hell funny
>>
>>26836507
Garaa was controlled huge as deserts like they were nothing and if we are using preshippuden. He drowned a huge forest with sand.
>>
>>26836649
Well he is technically 3 people working together as one, so its not too fair to compare without considering that.
>>
>>26833143
They did say in a Q&A that the animation is entertainment not an exact replica of how they think things will play out and that results are based on data implying that they make things closer than they should to be.
>>
>>26833080
Shadow has inhibitor braces, what is mewtwo going to go mega?
>>
File: Gamecube Shadow-The-Edgehog.jpg (133 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Gamecube Shadow-The-Edgehog.jpg
133 KB, 800x600
>>26833072
Shadow has guns; clears mewtwo easy
>>
I'll assume they'll use FemTwo from the Genesect Movie so Mega Evolution can happen without the need for a Trainer.
>>
>>26833072
Mewtwo would win this, but with how retarded death battle is especially looking at how Dante vs Bayonetta went, they're gonna have a shitty ass pull because they like shadow more or something.
Who even likes these things? They're horribly done.
>>
>Jak lost to Ratchet because of obvious bias
I'm still mad, Death Battle is bullshit.
>>
>>26836417
>whoever those autists don't like is going to have their canon powers completly nerfed to suit their bias.
Just so you know
>Vegeta beat Shadow
>Sonic beat Mario
>Greymon beat Charizard
>Astroboy beat Megaman
>Link beat Cloud
>Peach beat Zelda
>Superman beat Goku
Pretty safe to say bias doesn't really play a role in their battles
In this one, Shadow wins, no question. I'm just waiting until they do a worth while death battle, like Roy Mustang VS Prince Zuko. That'd be a good fight.
>>
>>26836910
>>26836855
its sensationalism, nothing else
>>
What's worse is that they didn't even need to play that blatantly incorrect card that Pokemon are slaves.

Digimon evolutions are significant jumps in power level.

While most pokemon have to evolve twice to get twice as powerful as their base form, Each one of a Digimon's evolutions is approximately 10x stronger than the previous form.

So WarGreymon is about 1000x more powerful than Agumon and Mega Charizard X is about 1.5x as powerful as Charizard.
>>
File: image.png (260 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
image.png
260 KB, 500x274
>>26836959
I want them to do:
Shulk vs Sora
Statik Shock vs Cole Mcgrath
Ezio vs Jack Sparrow
>>
>>26837247
>Shulk vs Sora
The weeaboo stench is more than I can handle
>>
>>26837796
>complains about weebs
>on a japanese owned, japanese inspired site
>on a board dedicated to a japanese game
>>
>>26833080
The edgy one
>>
>>26836959

I would also like to see Zuko vs Mustang but I think Zuko wins
>>
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCiFO7qV54E
>>
>>26837247
>Statik Shock
There is no character by that name.
Do you mean Static the character from the show and comic known as Static Shock that does not share a name with the main character.
>>
>Frieza vs Goku black
Grab your popcorn boys
>>
>>26841238
>battle takes five minutes
>>
>>26833080
The Edgy one.
They like him better than mewtwo
>>
>>26833088
Salty /a/fag who's still mad about is precious Goku losing detected.
>>
>>26836122
Didn't ash's mom have a Mr. Mime to help clean around the house?
>>
>>26836122
Some Tepigs were movie stars, but that really isnt a good example
>>
>>26836122
Vigaroth moving company, Blastoise firemen, Ash's mom's Mr. Mime, Mr. Briney's Peeko, Chansey.
>>
>>26833130
https://youtu.be/ty8doQ0rZjM

This is why he should have won
>>
File: 1466615181413.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
1466615181413.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26841357
Dex entries aren't canon.
>>
>>26841466
>dex entries aren't canon
>post the edit where it says it can't learn crabhammer

So you admit it CAN learn Crabhammer.
>>
>>26842042
It... it's an edit, anon...
>>
Death Battle is just the video form of outrage clickbait.

Prove me wrong

You can't
>>
>>26843056
So Mew can learn Crabhammer.
>>
>>26833072
why do people bother with this shit?
even the most powerful pokemon are pretty low on the power level, they are all just elemental animals for the most part

the only way a pokemon wins against any serious threat is if they take into account all the anime bullshit and dex entry guff
>>
>>26843246
So nothing. It's an edit. What is in it has no bearing on what new can or can't do.
>>
Mewtwo lacks time stop powers, it's already over, and I say this wanting to see Original the Character lose.
>>
>>26836827
They're using a semi-composite from all anime appearances, including Origins. Thank god that they're using non-comics Shadow. Archie Comics Sonicverse is fucking crazy.
>>
>>26837247
I wanna see a death battle between Jet Jaguar and Gipsy Danger. JJ might be bigger most of the time, but he can mess with his size, so they could scale him around.
>>
>>26843263
I would love for them to a Deathbattle of some stupidly powerful character and Magcargo.
>>
>>26833168
Power/Guard Swap and Psych Up will only copy the degree of change in stats. So, if Pinsir uses Swords Dance, it doubles its attack. If Abra uses Power Swap, it doesn't gain +349 attack, but just double's Abra's low attack.

Really, there's no way for Mewtwo to win using only natural means. However, Mewtwo is intelligent, so it could be assumed that it might be able to use TMs, especially Foul Play.
>>
>>26843263
>what are Arceus and his creation trio
>>
>>26841266
>/a/ caring about Dragonball or powerlevels
Try again when cute girls are involved
>>
>>26843409
Reminder that Arceus is:
- Slower than a bird (Swellow)
- Weaker than a large bug (Pinsir)
- Specially weaker than a walking palm tree
- Less physically bulky than a rhino (Rhyperior)
- Less specially bulky than a fat pink blob (Chansey/Blissey)
>>
>>26843479
And weaker than a variant manmade pokemon, aong with mega rayray
>>
>>26841466
You know what would be amazing, if Mewtwo could learn Crabhammer.
>>
File: 1361507250377.png (3 KB, 185x149) Image search: [Google]
1361507250377.png
3 KB, 185x149
>they're gonna use mewtwo's disgusting B/W sprites
>>
>>26843525
Nothing can be worse than the disgusting mess that was Kirby v Buu.
>>
>>26843161
It can't learn Outrage, anon. :)
>>
File: asadasd.png (122 KB, 472x221) Image search: [Google]
asadasd.png
122 KB, 472x221
>>26843528
How could I forget
>>
I mean, I gave up on this series after Gaara vs Toph but is there anyway Mewtwo couldn't just rend Shadows mind from 10 miles away? I'm very not familiar with anything non-retro sonic.
>>
>>26843592
Time Stop. It's pretty op.
>>
>>26843604
Ah, that's pretty overkill especially if there's no limit.
>>
File: [sad beep].jpg (8 KB, 348x145) Image search: [Google]
[sad beep].jpg
8 KB, 348x145
If they're giving Shadow his super form, he rapes Mewtwo.

But I honestly want them to get it wrong because I'm sick of Pokémon taking L's on this show.

>Only thing it can win against is itself
>>
>>26843620
Also, Super Shadow is for all intents and purposes invincible.
>>
File: Mewtwo_a.gif (20 KB, 86x87) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo_a.gif
20 KB, 86x87
>>26843620
it stops you for like 10 seconds, that is still alot of time in a fight
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39 KB, 600x615
>>26843479
>Taking ingame stats over canon lore
>>
>>26843667
>super shadow is invincible
Still lost to Vegeta because his super form is better.
>>
>>26843604
>He doesnt know about Chaos Ex Machina
>>
>>26843677
But Arceus isn't canonically omnipotent. It just created the universe.
>>
>>26843667
>Invincible
>Doesn't Knuckles uppercut the super out of sonic in sonic 3?
>>
>>26843703
I never said it was omnipotent.
>>
>>26843708
I was just making a point that the stat differences can be canon without any consistency issues.
>>
>>26843666
Are there any sensible and thematically good matchups that Pokemon could win?
>>
>>26843745
A composite Mewtwo vs BlackWarGreymon I suppose.

Probably some other matchups involving legenadaries too.
>>
>>26833072
Mewtwo should win, but Shadow will because of some hidden bullshit lore tucked away in some 3 panel section of a forgotten comic issue that gives shadow one tiny thing to get the upper hand, even though Mewtwo could probably mind-explode shadow's brain.
>>
Only way Mewtwo stands a chance is by going Mega Y(if the movie with genesect is anything to go by), but he still gets bodied. The fact that Shadow has comparatively low stamina and manages his energy poorly won't even need to come into play

It's basically Shadow vs a non retarded Silver, and Shadow's cheap ass wins that every time.
>>
>>26843753
Show me one time Mewtwo has been able to "mind-explode" peoples brains.
>>
>>26843705
It knocked the Chaos Emeralds out of his hands or something. He needs those to hold the form.
>>
>>26843754
>The fact that Shadow has comparatively low stamina and manages his energy poorly won't even need to come into play
It might if they assume that Pressure increases energy consumed and give Mewtwo his Special Item from the explorer games, that doubles Pressures effect
yes, I know that's a shittn of ifs
>>
>>26843768
Don't the emeralds go into Sonic's body once he uses them?
>>
>>26836910
Okay my blood pressure just rose. Jak would demolish Ratchet.
>>
>>26843811
No. You're the one being biased now.
>>
>>26843768
>>26843799
Yeah he does. Its Rings that sustains the Super form. watch Shadow v Vegeta
>>
>>26843811
Ratchet won because Clank is actually fucking useful even on his own. Daxter is shit
>>
>>26843811
Ratchet has megaton weaponry in the PS4 game and even his weaker weaponry makes Jaks best look like trash.

Jak is pathetic in comparison.
>>
Mewtwo wins with Aura Sphere.
>>
literally who cares?
>>
>>26837908
I agree, although if it is at the end of their respective series, it would be pretty close, what with Roy having the full power from The Truth and all that.
>>
>>26836959
Superman beat Goku make sense, Superman powers are retarded, but this fucker think that Goku is a better character than Superman is like they never read a fucking Superman comic
>>
Dark is immune to Psychic.

Do the math
>>
>>26845502
IT'S NO USE
>>
>>26845468
Superman would beat Goku at least at the time they made the original, but they made him out to be one of the strongest things ever even though he's not even a top tier in DC.
>>
>>26845563
The original Superman wasn't very powerful. That's the one the entire "faster than a speeding bullet stronger than a locomotive" thing was written to refer to. It's the 1950s version that could do literally fucking anything.
>>
>>26837234
Or just throw a Porygon2 @ Eviolite with toxic and Recover into the Digital world. It'll fit right in.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.