[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asking as someone who likes Medicham as a pokemon and is developing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 308Medicham.png (85 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
308Medicham.png
85 KB, 431x431
Asking as someone who likes Medicham as a pokemon and is developing an interest for hindu culutre and mythology, is Medicham an insensitive caricature like Jynx?
>>
Are Indians considered niggers, or only Pakis ?
>>
>>26827994
If by that you mean being stereotypically portrayed with big lips, I don't know.
Medichamps lips could be just for balance of color.
>>
who cares?
>>
I just realize that I never saw anyone talking about medicham in /vp/ before today.
>>
>>26829325
I think I saw a thread once about Mega Medicham being allowed in competitive battles or something.
>>
>>26827970

Fuck off Bogleech.
>>
>>26829325
We've had a few. And in everyone I see I say the same thing: Medicham is shit because there is no Special equivalent for Pure Power. Medicham has a shit gimmick because its always physical.
>>
>>26829555
I don't think he's even at medicham yet.
>>
>>26829593

He passed it a few days ago. The comments were hilariously awful.
>>
>>26829573
But that would be too overpowered, and it's fitting since Medicham is primarly Fighting.
I would like to see a Phychic/Fighting with Pure Special Power that serves as Medicham counterpart.

>>26829593
He's at Volbeat and Illumise. He didn't say anything about Medicham being insensitive though.
>>
>>26827970
It's insensitive as you want it to be.
It's at least kind of a caricature.

>>26829573
That makes absolutely no sense.
>>
Jynx wasn't an insensitive caricature, Americans are just fucking retarded and self-centered.
>>
What kind of fucking retard needs to ask if something is racist or not?
It's like people aren't anti-racist because racism is bad, they just want to fit in.
>>
File: meditite medicham.jpg (207 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
meditite medicham.jpg
207 KB, 450x600
>>26827970
No. Medicham is fine.

Now, if Medicham had poop stains on its left hand and had a constant smell of curry and garlic, THAT would be an insensitive caricature. As t is, it's just a humanoid with weird legs that likes to meditate and kick stuff.

Actually, I think I like Meditite better. It's smaller, cuter, and looks more like a monkey. The onion shaped head is cool too. You ever notice that 90% of all Meditite anyone ever draws has the ears down, meaning they're girls? Ears-up (male) Meditite aren't even in the card game, as far as I know. Was Meditite/Medicham supposed to be female only?
>>
I'll be honest, this thread is the first time I've ever considered Medicham to be related to hinduism/india.

I've always thought of medicham as a buddhist monk or somesuch, with all the meditation and stuff. I get the belly dancing thing, but that's not exclusive to india so never clicked for me.
>>
>>26829593
I don't think he's even met a cham.
>>
>>26832710
No one wants to acknowledge that Jynx could have been designed in a fashion that didn't piss people off
>>
>>26832915
Meditate is a rare case where the official art (ears down) later became the female design, I don't know why but I'm glad since I always saw the line as female and I find the lower ears cuter. Strangely Medicham's official art became the male design even though it seems to be inspired by belly dancers (wich seem to be mostly if not only female as far as I've seen).
>>
>>26827970

Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>26827970
What makes you think that Jynx is an insensitive caricature? I think making fun of a fashion trend isn't THAT bad.
>>
File: 307Meditite_AG_anime_4.png (79 KB, 978x1248) Image search: [Google]
307Meditite_AG_anime_4.png
79 KB, 978x1248
>>26827970
My problem is, smoochum is born to kiss
Meditite doesn't have lips like medicham
Do you kiss it??
>>
>>26835096
Maybe Meditite evolves into Medicham after its first kiss.
>>
>>26833416
But Jynx was designed in a fashion that didn't piss the originally intended audience. The Japs probably had no idea that Jynx would be offensive to the global audience.
>>
>>26838506
how many black people are you aware of that get offended by jynx?
only pissy tumblr kids care about it.
>>
>>26838441
Hnnnng
>>
I like Medicham but I'm always forced to ask myself if he's wearing pants or is just really THICK.
>>
>>26838626

It's THICC.
>>
>>26832986
I think I also never saw them as hindu specifically until the mega evolution came up. They are some kind of vague meditating mons not different from the typical ninja or samurai in fiction, and like most fighting types they have humanoid designs.
>>
File: MegaMedicham-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg (31 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
MegaMedicham-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg
31 KB, 400x480
>>26839117
>there's a mega medicham?
mfw
>>
>>26839142
Fuck Mega Gallade
>>
>>26838578
>"tumblr" kids
>Generation 2
>>
>>26832986
The Japanese names reference asanas, yoga positions, tho. Since I practice yoga I find them really cool
>>
File: 1438049956839.png (49 KB, 1113x1057) Image search: [Google]
1438049956839.png
49 KB, 1113x1057
>>26838578
>how many black people are you aware of that get offended by jynx?
From what I remember of the controversy, it was mainly parents and older people who took offense

>>26839159
Have this picture of a Conkeldurr harnessing an Alakazite
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.