[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Warner Bros. Pictures, Sony Pictures and Legendary Pictures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: Disney Pokemon.png (199 KB, 1058x512) Image search: [Google]
Disney Pokemon.png
199 KB, 1058x512
> Warner Bros. Pictures, Sony Pictures and Legendary Pictures didn't get the rights but Disney

Could they deliver a good Pokémon movie?
>>
>>26814645
maybe :3
>>
>>26814645
>Pokémon movie
You mean Pokémon the musical?
>>
File: 1466038201772.gif (2 MB, 244x194) Image search: [Google]
1466038201772.gif
2 MB, 244x194
>>26814645
>Disney got the rights to a Pokemon film
S-source...or is this just rhetorical?
>>
>>26814645
>Disney
No.
In fact I can't imagine any of the companies you mentioned producing a Pokémon movie that doesn't have the battles as an afterthought.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
If sony gets the rights its probably gonna pull a smurfs and bring the pokemon in the real world....aka New York

Legendary could pull something off but what if they decide to make them these abysmal realistic pokemon you see everywhere?

Idk about warner bros

Disney could do something extremely cute with it. Their writing is pretty good.
>>
>>26814752
Oh god, A Pokemon movie in the style of Smurfs would be terrible imo.
>>
>>26814645
Most likely. Their recent films have been great, and since they're not Sony Pictures we don't have to worry about another Alvin & the Chipmunks/Smurfs
>>
>>26814826
>Neil Patrick Harris as a pokemon trainer while being a business man
>pikachu bulbasaur charmander and squirtle living in his house
>jessie and James are the villains

I can already smell it
>>
>>26814919
>advertising for other companies up the ass
>>
File: AFairlyOddMoviePoster.jpg (73 KB, 326x489) Image search: [Google]
AFairlyOddMoviePoster.jpg
73 KB, 326x489
What if it turns out like this?
>>
>>26814949
God dammit, I'm getting bad visions
>>
>>26814645
>they owned mirmax, the guys who shat out the english celebi movie
>>
Movies with fixed settings are generally bad. Making it about pokemon just makes it more predictable because we can't use the pokemon IP for any experimental use
>>
>>26814645
would be mediocre like every movie they have made in the last 5 years
>>
>>26815002
I head Shakira's Zootopia was good.
>>
>>26814949
>>26814962
JUST,
Should I post that "ending"?
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! NOW THEY ARE JUST ONE CENTIMETER AWAY FROM CONTROLLING THE ENTIRE PLANET!
>>
>>26814645
Seeing that they own Marvel and Star Wars, which both franchises have seen huge successes under the wing of Disney and I very much so enjoy these franchises, as long as they get a good director, cast and the effects are good, then its fine with me.
Though, I would have preferred Legendary to make this movie...
>>
>>26815083
That's because Disney pretty much only does the marketing and lets the studio do their job. Pokemon...doesn't have a studio.
>>
Honesty I think Disney is the ONLY one that could make a live-action Pokémon somewhat bearable.

Sony would do this exactly >>26814752

Warner Bros. just shouldn't even try

Legendary might do something cool but you KNOW it'd be Pikachu's Wild Ride and I can't abide that shit. If you're gonna do a live action Pokémon you're just gonna have to pick something other than Pikachu to be your posterboy. Pikachu will look like shit no matter what.
>>
>all these Disney shills
I knew this board was full of Plebbitors.
>>
>>26815046
I haven't seen it
>>
Modern Disney would turn Pokemon into a feminist/sjw propaganda machine like they have with Marvel and Star Wars
>>
>>26815083
It's people like you that are the reason why the movies business is in the toilet
>>
>>26815100
oh
>>
Hopefully none of those garbage companies ever make a Pokémon movie.
Live action is never good.
>>
>>26815162
They. Why not an animated blockbuster? With decent plot and kickass battles.

I don't want to see live action, what would that even bring to the table other than a predetermined shit level.
>>
>live action Pokemon

Already a mistake
>>
>>26815179
This*
>>
>disney
>Pokemon
Disney is now for yokai watch pokefukers
>>
>>26814645
OMFG DIGIMON POKEMON CROSSOVER IMMINENT
>>
>>26815195
Yokai watch live action is better more comedy
>>
>>26815179
>Animated blockbuster
What kind of animated are we talkin about here?
Current Disney animated style
or
Current Anime-style
>>
>>26815220
Well good thing it's actually happening
>>
>>26815141
muh feminism liberal boogeyman

Pokémon is already very progressive, women are never any less in this franchise. They are always equally capable, and out best and hardest champion yet was a woman (Cynthia)
>>
No, just no.
>>
>>26816006
Then why was misty all like

>ugh gross bug pokemon
>>
>>26816770
that was just misty, though. Characters are allowed to have likes and dislikes, right?
>>
>>26816770
Because she's young and girls sometimes dislike bugs? It's not like the games are 100% free of bits of stereotype floating around. They do well with the important stuff.
>>
>>26815195

Disney XD plays it, and it's one of their lower-rated shows, and it already lost its former 5:00 PM time slot. Gravity Falls reruns from 2012 are given more dignity.
>>
File: 1454078075172.png (145 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1454078075172.png
145 KB, 400x240
>>26814949
That's Nick's mistake.

Disney with Pokemon could at the very best be a CG flick.
>>
Get Chris Sanders on that shit. Pokemon would be right up his ally.
>>
>>26814645
I'll be completely honest I don't see what benefit there is to having a movie when OLM has an ongoing anime and a movie pumped out every summer

Though a CG Pokemon movie starring new trainers and set in Unova/A real world city setting could have potential. I think a pokemon movie would be dead in the water if it was live-action. Can only imagine cringeworthy garbage like the Spongebob or Transformers flicks.
>>
>>26814645
>Disney owns Marvel, Star Wars, now Pokemon property

fuck.
>>
Pokemon won't work in live-action.
At best live-action is a Roger Rabbit/late 90s Pokemon tv commercial thingy.
At worst, it's shitty hyperrealistic CGI with action sequences straight out of a Michael Bay movie.

>Disney.
Disney would rock the fuck out of a Pokemon movie. I mean, they managed to make Marvel a goldmine without using Spider-Man or the X-Men. 10 years ago everyone would have laughed at the idea of Iron Man or the Avengers being the face of Marvel.
>>
>>26820282
>At best live-action is a Roger Rabbit/late 90s Pokemon tv commercial thingy

Please let this happen. This is pretty much the best way to go. They can even use the Paperman engine if they want the Pokémon to look more third dimensional.
>>
>>26814677
All footage of it gets lost in 3 years
>>
>>26814645
>good video game movie
never happened
kind of pathetic that angry birds and ralph are the best ones
>>
Only if it's CG, live action will just turn out terrible.
>>
>>26820417

Just so long as Robert Zemeckis isn't allowed to touch the film, he went insane after Mars Needs Moms flopped at the box office and got ImageMovers Digital shitcanned.
>>
Who did the movies till now?
Well give them a chance. some disny movies ware pretty nice, and im not talking only stuff from 60 years ago.

also pokemon musical will be sweet.
>>
>>26822661
>Mars Needs Moms
Oh fuck just when I forgot about that movie. That uncanny valley art style was terrifying.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.