[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they have Metal Sound?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: korrina_wtf.png (57 KB, 960x430) Image search: [Google]
korrina_wtf.png
57 KB, 960x430
Why did they have Metal Sound?
>>
>>26809403
they clang those hand things together and if makes a grindy screech
>>
>>26809408
That's not what I asked.
>>
File: tierno.png (85 KB, 790x447) Image search: [Google]
tierno.png
85 KB, 790x447
Because XY
>>
it's a ruse
panicked opponent will switch out their pokemon thinking they'll otherwise get beaten badly with an aura sphere, but then they get hit in the face with a power-up punch
very thoughtful, immersive design. it's almost like korrina is a real trainer!
>>
Because X and Y are easy
>>
They have to make it clear he is part steel type
>>
>>26809403
Those are the last four moves Lucario learns by leveling up before level 25. It's the same reason wild coccoons only know Harden when they should also have Tackle/String Shot/etc. from the previous stage, Game Freak is just lazy.
>>
>>26809424
Hopefully Gamefreak will learn what the Zelda Breath of the Wild team did.

Learn what the fans hated about Skyward Sword and see what they can do to change up the formula.
>>
>>26809474
I'm hoping that gen 6 is general was just a big fluke
>>
>>26809403
It was a game made to cash in on nostalgia, just look at the kanto megas and free kanto starter, so they tried to fill it to the brim with nostalgic shit so they had to mimic the RBY shitty move sets, the champion even has empty moveslots like Garry.
>>
>>26809488
I feel like Gamefreak feels it was a mistake. They skipped making another gen 6 game and threw Zygardes new forms in Sun and Moon
>>
>>26809512
But anon RBY was the hardest game EVER I'm so smart because I beat it when I was 8 DAE gen 6 too easy????
>>
>>26809532
I don't think it was a mistake, so much as the whole plan from the start was to treat Generation 6 as a testing field for 7. XY foreshadowing the Alola region makes that obvious.
>>
>>26809532
That was planned beforehand you idiot. They don't wait on making new games until the current ones are released, they begin as soon as the upcoming ones are done with their initial stages of development. Zygarde was always meant to be part of Sun & Moon, they never intended to make Pokémon Z in Gen 6 or any other games for that matter.
>>
File: empty moves.png (126 KB, 751x633) Image search: [Google]
empty moves.png
126 KB, 751x633
>>26809512
>the champion even has empty moveslots like Garry.
this
>>
>>26809760
This team would've been pretty solid if they were a few levels higher. And maybe swapped Aurorus for literally anything else.
>>
At least the second half of ORAS wasn't nerfed. I turned off exp share and had a reasonably hard time (by pokermen standards) with the E4.
>>
>>26809775
They're not gonna let you fight a lv70 E4 for the first run, come on. Diantha is the highest it's ever been too.
>>
>>26809845
yeah and the moves are pretty decent i really don't see a problem with these, maybe replacing trick or treat with will o wisp or something and give ancient power to aurorus
>>
>>26809760
>using the worst fossils in the whole franchise
>lead is completely 100% walled by poison-types of all things
>all good (even decent) steel-types can take on 1v1 at least 4 mons in her team
>half her team is weak to fairy and not a single pokemon resist it, despite not being monotype
>>
>>26809760
I love that I can beat the e4 with
>Breakneck breccia
>Eq
>waterfall
>ice punch
>iron tail
>Thunderbolt
2 pokemon. A swampert and a Raichu
>>
>>26809424
This is such an unfair strike against it. Tierno was meant to have shit movesets, it's a gimmick team. There are 4 rivals, I think it's okay for one of them to be stupid. I'm sure there are other movesets like that in the game but find them instead of posting the character who was clearly meant to have a a dumb setup.
>>
>>26809870
>Worst fossils
I don't see Rampardos and Basyiodon on her team
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1000x1226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1000x1226
>>26809870
>worst fossils
those are some pretty wrong opinions you got there
Tyrantrum is better competitively than all the other fossils except Mega Aerodactyl, by the way
>>
File: wow.gif (377 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
377 KB, 165x115
>>26809870
>>26809875
>Pokemon have weaknesses and resistances
Pic related

>2 pokemon.
That's not really much, you can beat RSE(and consequently ORAS) E4 with just a Blaziken, or BW E4 with Scrafty.
>>
>>26809879
ok what about your rivals starter only having 3 moves the whole game?
>>
>>26809920

Kabutops and Omastar are both better.
>>
>>26809403
>http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/448.shtml
Because they're using its level up movepool.
>>
>>26809934
better at what?
>>
>>26809924
That's to stop the AI from doing something especially stupid, since the rivals don't have the Ace Trainer AI. They need a higher chance to pick the right move. You can't look at stuff like that in a vacuum.
>>
>>26809934
Kabutops and Omastar are both NU and only work on Rain teams in higher tiers. Tyrantrum is BL2 and can be used as a wallbreaker and check to Talonflame.
>>
>>26809968
also aurorus got some cool moves in ORAS, like hyper voice, earth power, stealth rocks and got snow warning released too
>>
>>26809893

Rampardos was actually decent back in the generation he debuted. I'll be fair and give you Bastiodon.

>>26809920
Tyrantrum is considered all but competitive. Slow AND weak even after dragon dance, and weak to the common priorities (mach/bullet/shard) and doesn't even resist aqua jet. It's a one-trick ponyw who's sole niche is a bad one: is spamming a move with terribad accuracy. There's a reason it's not even UU.

>>26809968

Kabutops is widely considered the best Swift Swimmer in the whole game, even better than Kingdra.

Aurorus is known for the worst defensive type and Tyrantrum is known for a cool design. Clearly you never played drizzle or gen 5 ou, so your opinion is all but relevant. Here's a (You)
>>
>>26810105
weak to the more common priorities*
>>
>>26810105
That's not how "all but" is used

just use "not" in those instances
>>
>>26810105
>Kabutops is widely considered the best Swift Swimmer in the whole game, even better than Kingdra.
>>
>>26809474
>Hopefully Gamefreak will learn what the Zelda Breath of the Wild team did.

What, you want them to put Sun and Moon in a giant empty open world?
>>
>>26810123
Nice counter-argument.
>>
>>26810105
>80 accuracy
>"terribad"
>using DD when Scarf gives you immediate Speed
>underestimating a base 150 STAB move off base 120 attack
>acting like being a 1 trick pony is a particularly bad thing
>>
>>26810105
rain is shit now
>>
>>26810105
>Kabutops is widely considered the best Swift Swimmer in the whole game
By who?
>even better than Kingdra.
Oh you're just retarded, move on
>>
>>26809424

Technically his Crawdaunt has a good moveset
>>
>>26809488

Give them a break

It's there first time not only on the 3DS but also using this new 3D engine

ORAS bring a year later didn't help either
>>
>>26809512

Anon you are aware you were given Kanto starters because they want to show you Mega evolutions right?

Even if the game wasn't pandering, they gave them to you for a legit reason
>>
>>26809870

Arourus is a special wall

It can easily destroy you if you didn't know about it and tried with a special attacker
>>
>>26809474

You're forgetting that the Zelda team doesn't have the GameFreak's "Everything shall be easy because today's kids are casuals who would rather play candycrush!" mindset.
>>
>>26810387
>one interview
>where we have the word of a single anon
I don't think anyone but Masuda really thinks this
>>
File: Worst Wall.png (83 KB, 1168x539) Image search: [Google]
Worst Wall.png
83 KB, 1168x539
>>26810348
Why do you lie on the internet, anon?
My Delphox was 2 levels below it and still 2hko it
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 647x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 647x435
>>26810171
>empty
>confirmed removal of towns and NPCs to avoid spoilers

lmao
>>
>>26809424
I never saw the problem with this. We all know the AI is typically fucking retarded, so them not having a full moveset just means they spend less time trying to thunder wave a paralyzed Pokemon or spamming growl on a Special Pokemon.
>>
>>26809953
Why not just fucking give it good moves
>>
>>26810561
Yes!
Instead they Petal Dance until you are dead... wait
>>
>>26810660
>expecting the basic AI to know what to do with coverage
anon please
>>
>>26810701
Why not use fucking stab.

Or you know.....

Program AI
>>
>>26810701
You're defending GF for having shit AI, and giving them bad movesets to complement them?
>>
>>26810701
Maybe they should make the AI not so fucking stupid, then?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.