[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can understand the zodiacfags, but there's no pattern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1136x640
I can understand the zodiacfags, but there's no pattern with the other two starters. Why do you autists believe that?
>>
>>26809099
Steven draws a swastica, right?
>>
>>26809416
I don't know man, but something's going on and we have to figure it out
>>
Grass starters as evolution seems to make sense. Amhibians -> Reptiles -> Mammals/Birds
>>
>>26809099
Well....
The reptile pattern still holds for the Grass Starters. (Birds are reptiles (actually Dinossaurs, but still) for those who didn't know)

The water one is still a creature that lives both in water and on land....

muh patterns
>>
>>26809099
>I can understand the zodiacfags

I can't. Fennekin will never be a dog.
>>
water starters are all based on semiaquatic animals. The next one will probably be a beaver, newt, or platypus or some shit
>>
>>26809889
>>26809841
axlotls don't live on land though
>>
>>26809841
>a hedgehog is a reptile
>>
>>26809841
The amphibious thing is more of a design necessity than an actual "pattern" in the way the Pokémon community uses it. The Water starters need to look believable when on land and also have an obvious connection to water.
>>
>>26809099
If we're talking patterns, water starters are semiaquatic and grass starters are... megafauna, I believe.

Platypus starter when?

>>26810238
I thought Mudkip was based on a mudskipper, hence the name. Heck, even the Japanese name uses mudskipper.
>>
File: 1432092280203.jpg (132 KB, 407x396) Image search: [Google]
1432092280203.jpg
132 KB, 407x396
I see the water """"pattern"""" as a means of immersion rather than a pattern.

10 year olds want to walk alongside or ride their starter Pokemon. They want to go inside buildings with it and what have you, just like Ash. That doesn't really work well with a fish or an eel, you know? Turtles, alligators, pinnipeds, sure. They all have limbs that can locomote on dry land.

Grass is grapping at drinking utensils, and I'm on the fence about Fire. We won't know for certain until Gen 8, but I think Fennekin may have been the first nail in the coffin.
>>
Badgers/porcupines aren't rats. Mice aren't even rats.

Foxes aren't dogs.
Fuck off.
>>
>>26810356
We've been over this
Mudkip is essentially an aquatic neotenous salamander with mudskipper fins

and Venusaur breaks the pattern of megafauna since it's a nondescript toad monster and not based on any ancient animal in particular
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.