[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made a challenge run, thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 667x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 667x800
Pokemon MGS Challenge Run

Rule 1: You must follow all orders given and never step out of line. You can't teach your Pokemon any new moves, and every time you get a TM from someone you must teach it to a Pokemon in your party unless you don't have one that can learn it.

Rule 2: No backup unless stated otherwise. You can only use Pokemon gifted to you.

Rule 3: Remember Boss, this is a stealth mission. You must only fight the required trainers and nothing more. You must also be using repels at all times when in grass, no encounters with wild Pokemon.

Rule 4: It seems that there are some super weapons being sent out. You must find and capture all legendary Pokemon. You may not use them for battle, you must box them immediately.

Rule 5: Treat your soldiers well and give them good codenames. Nickname all Pokemon. If you are playing a generation 6 game, you must play and feed your Pokemon in Pokemon Amie, they must have at least 3 friendship levels and hunger levels full. You also need to train them in super training in one level per Pokemon a day.

Rule 6: You're a legend in the eyes of those on the battlefield. If a Pokemon faints, you must box it until you beat the next gym, to earn their respect back. If all your Pokemon faint and you black out, you may use any other Pokemon you may have left in the box, but once you have no more Pokemon you can use, it's game over.

Rule 7: You need more soldiers for Motherbase. You must catch one Pokemon on each route that you will box. Yes, they must have nicknames too.

Rule 8: You may only use gear procured on site. No buying items, only items you find may be used.

Rule 9: Support takes time to call in, and is very valuable. You may only heal when in red health range. You may also only use items outside of battle.

Anything that I should add or remove? I probably need a rule about Pokemon Centers.
>>
>>26807392
Seems pretty cool to me.
>>
>>26807392
It's pretty rule-heavy, also, having to catch one mon on each route while encountering wild pokemon is prohibited is a bit stupid.
>>
>>26807481
Should I remove some rules? I'm trying to make it like the metal gear experience inside Pokemon.
>>
File: 1292739257667.png (60 KB, 337x322) Image search: [Google]
1292739257667.png
60 KB, 337x322
>>26807536
>can only use Pokémon gifted to you
>must catch one Pokémon each route
>but you also can't run into any wild Pokémon

Yeah bro you should remove some rules
>>
>>26807536
Rule 4 seems pointless because most of the time they're easy to catch hello dusk ball unless you only use regulat balls.
The amie part of Rule 5 seems like a pain in the ass for nothing, plus it'd make the thing easier when your mon have good affection.

As I said earlier, Rule 7 conflict with Rule 3

Rule 9 may seem good but it'll only be rage inducing as you can lose a mon to a foe that deals more that half your hp for example.

Rule 1 also seems like a pain, and something I'd always forgot, plus, what if you get really shit TM or non-damaging TM ?

Getting only gifted pokémon will get you with an overleveled as fuck starter, so scratch that too.

The rest is fine, but yeah, your MGS experience will suck because it's too much incompatible with how the game works.
>>
>Rule 3: Remember Boss, this is a stealth mission. You must only fight the required trainers and nothing more. You must also be using repels at all times when in grass, no encounters with wild Pokemon.

>Rule 8: You may only use gear procured on site. No buying items, only items you find may be used.

These are incompatible. You need to be able to buy repels or else you won't have enough to avoid all wild encounters.
>>
File: 1463085690509.gif (480 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1463085690509.gif
480 KB, 260x146
If you're interested, I made a challenge run.

Pokemon: The Dark Souls experience.

Rule 1: Rule of the darksign
>Each time you lose a battle you must reset your console and start from the last "Bonfire" you saved at.

Rule 2: Rule of bonfires:
>Each Pokemon Center is a "bonfire".
>You can "light that bonfire" only once. That means, you can save, heal your Pokemon and buy potions (see rule 4) only once per Pokemon Center.
>NPCs that heal your Pokemon can only be used once too, but you cannot save there.

Rule 3: Rule of estus:
>The amount of healing items you've got is limited to 5 of the best potions that the store has available. (10 if you're buying from a store in a city with a Pokemon Gym or 20 if you're buying from the store before Elite Four) I was thinking in a mechanic to "reinforce your estus flask" but it would be too much complicated.
>If you've got any more potions available when you get to a store, sell them.
>You're not allowed to buy any more healing items.
>But you're allowed to use any other healing item you find in the map.

Rule 4: Rule of invasions (for Gen 6 games):
>You must stay online all the time.
>If someone challenges a battle with you, you MUST accept immediatly.
>If you are defeated in that online battle, you must restart your game (as Rule 1 says)

Rule 5:
>Gods have fled Lordran. You can't use legendaries nor mythicals.

You're allowed to:
>Receive Pokemon from gifts/WiFi/GTS and engage on jolly cooperation.
>Use as many Pokemon as you want, as long as you follow Rule 4.
>Have unlimited non-healing items.
>Evolve your Pokemon as you wish.
>Use Pokemon Amie in Gen 6.
>Nickname as you wish.
>Buff and cure status problems as you wish.
>Use TMs and HMs as you please.

>>26807392
Rule 2 has no reason to be there. In MGS5 you fultoned the shit of every soldier you found.
>>
>>26807392
j
>>
Mmmm I prefer Pokémom challenge

Try searching pok'mom run or pok'mom run, u might find it
>>
Cool concept but as many a anon has pointed out, the rules have to be looked at to undo inconsistency.
I'd say remove the "no encounters" rule (Snake found and used plenty of animals in MGS3), the permanent repel rule (as per previous rule change), maybe the Amie rule (time-consuming, though understandable).

I'd add the "top secret" rule: If a trainer sees you, you must defeat them. If you lose a battle, you're considered captured by the enemy, forcing a fail state.
>>
File: image.jpg (364 KB, 964x899) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364 KB, 964x899
>>26813797
Never mind, I found it
>>
>>26813881
That's both stupid and unsettling.
>image.jpg
Oh of course.
>>
>>26813907
And yet it instantly makes more sense than the suggestion in OP

Bish bash bosh, simple slick and savvy
>>
>>26813931
It doesn't. It really, sincerely does not.
But judging by the way you write, I'd say the average human's thought process left you long ago so you're excused.
>>
>>26813976
Okay OP, whatever (you) say OP

The pok'mom run has simple straight forward rules that are easy to follow, it's a clear concept and it works.

The other plus is being able to identify normie (and likely underage or NEET) scum such as yourself the moment you respond to the image with words like
>unsettling
Ha ha, I don't know
>>
>>26814190
>normie
>NEET
These don't compute.
>>
>>26807392
I really love rule 6, but you're very contradictory
>>
>>26813881
In Unova or gen 6 that's pretty much easy mode
>>
>>26810187
You have to save before online activities tho. It messes up your bonfire system
>>
>>26814190
That faggot with his shitty run isn't OP, I am senpai.
>>
>>26814957
Slipped that.
Well, that would be justified as exception of Rule of bonfires I guess...
>>
Pokemon MGS Challenge Run

Rule 1: You must follow all orders given. Every time you get a TM from a gym leader you must teach it to a Pokemon in your party unless you don't have one that can learn it.

Rule 2: Remember Boss, this is a stealth mission. You must only fight the required trainers and nothing more. If you are found by an optional trainer and black out, it's game over, you must defeat them. If a Pokemon faints to an optional trainer, they have been captured, and you do not get them back.

Rule 3: It seems that there are some super weapons being sent out. You must find and capture all legendary Pokemon. You may not use them for battle, you must box them immediately.

Rule 4: You're a legend in the eyes of those on the battlefield. If a Pokemon faints, you must box it until you beat the next gym, to earn their respect back. If all your Pokemon faint and you black out, you may use any other Pokemon you may have left in the box, but once you have no more Pokemon you can use, it's game over.

Rule 5: You need more soldiers for Motherbase. You must catch one Pokemon on each route that you will box. Yes, they must have nicknames too.

Rule 6: You may only use gear procured on site. No buying items, only items you find may be used.

Rule 7: Support takes time to call in, and is very valuable. You may only heal when in yellow health range.

(Optional) Rule 8: Treat your soldiers well and give them good codenames. Nickname all Pokemon. If you are playing a generation 6 game, you must play and feed your Pokemon in Pokemon Amie, they must have at least 3 friendship levels and hunger levels full. You also need to train them in super training in one level per Pokemon a day.

Updated the rules to be more fun and work better with each other. Tell me what you think.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.