[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some evolution methods you're hoping to see in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1465017712968.jpg (58 KB, 525x503) Image search: [Google]
1465017712968.jpg
58 KB, 525x503
What are some evolution methods you're hoping to see in SM?

Personally, I want to see convergent evolution. Where two different pokemon can evolve into the same pokemon.

I'd like to see a "you are what you eat" pokemon that evolves differently depending on what berry you feed it. Like, it evolves and gains Toxic Heal if you feed it a pecha berry.

I'd like to see more bad influence evolutions like Pancham too.
>>
For Metagross, you actually have to have multiple beldum and then metang for it to appear.
>>
I've been toying around with the idea of a pokemon based on the immortal hydra. What it would do is that it would start out as a polyp first stage and evolve into the adult medusa stage.
What makes it special is that after a certain amount of levels, say 20, it will evolve again back into the polyp form. It continues to do this until it reaches level 100.
It would also be like a Scyther/Scizor deal where both forms share the same BST, but have different spreads. Probably having the same HP stat to keep it simpler.
Would people be open to something like this or is it too crazy?
>>
>>26807103
Wouldn't both forms be able to use eviolite ?
>>
>>26807248
Hmm. Didn't really think about that one. I suppose they would.
>>
I'd like more branching evolutions, that's about it. As for methods, I don't care as long as they aren't too annoying to do.
>>
>>26807411
Also, with the way the game is done, they would evolve at every fucking level up, it'd be a pain to deal with. But the idea is pretty neat.
>>
>>26807028
>convergent evolution
Back in 4th was hoping that Plusle and Minun would eventually get evos that more or less resulted in the same form kind of like an equal form, but I suppose that makes little sense and kind of goes against well, everything about them.

I suppose a 2 headed serpent mon might work though - with separate Ice and Fire type prevos.

The Ice type prevo has access to more Ice and Water moves, while the Fire gets Fire and Grass so the final moveset of the evolved form varies depending on which prevo you choose to raise.
>>
File: evo.jpg (43 KB, 736x349) Image search: [Google]
evo.jpg
43 KB, 736x349
>>26807028
(Pic related)
i would think it would be cool if zombignon defeated a wild pinsir. it would evolve into scaragoon
>>
>>26807554
>convergent evolution
They almost did this with Mega Latios/Latias, but that's the same species anyway.
>>
A Pokemon that evolves differently depending on the ball used to catch it to piss off the balltists.

A Pokemon that evolves into a ghost type if it faints.

A bug Pokemon that evolves into a cocoon very early but doesn't hatch from the cocoon until very high level. The BST difference between the cocoon and final evo are massive. I just want a bait and switch where the regional bug ends up being the pseudo.

Pokemon that evolve by fainting certain Pokemon.
>>
>>26807614
>A Pokemon that evolves into a ghost type if it faints.
Wouldn't that work better as a form change?
>>
>>26807614
>A Pokemon that evolves into a ghost type if it faints.
Will never happen as gamefreak doesn't want us to hurt our pokémon, same reason we'll never get an evo based on a pokémon that hates you.
>>
How about a Grass tikimon that evolves into a Fire/Grass if you have it hold a charcoal?
>>
I want a pokemon that evolves if you close the DS
or one that evolves by speaking to it when it levels up
>>
>>26807633
If I had to guess, Pancham might have been initially designed with that in mind.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Scraggy/Scrafty were initially designed with that in mind given that they're similarly delinquents/punks
>>
>>26807663
Nah pancham/pangoro has a rough exterior but he represents the bad boy with a heart of gold. It's why his dex entry states he fights to protect his friends.
Think Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakasho or James Dean's character from Rebel without a Cause.
Also, it's a bear (sort of).
>>
I really like the idea of convergent evolution. Especially since that pokémon would probably end up with a very unpredictable movepool depending on what it evolved from.
>>
A pokémon that only evolves after it has defeated a certain other rival species of pokémon. Like a pokémon that wears the feathers of a specific bird pokémon as trophies.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 351x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 351x303
>>26807797
YES.
>>
A pokemon that only reveals itself to champions.
Only evolves if it levels up during a fight with the Champion.
>>
A new evolution for a gen 3 mon (Tropius maybe?) that only evolves when migrated from a gen 3 cartridge.
>>
>>26808546
Jesus christ please no
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.