[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokémon Sun and Moon UI (Bottom screen)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: appreciatethisvp.png (841 KB, 1113x556) Image search: [Google]
appreciatethisvp.png
841 KB, 1113x556
Can we all just appreciate the little things Sir Masuda has fixed in this game. GG Gamefreak... GG...
>>
The UI is pretty damn good this gen, only thing I'm iffy about is the in-battle shit like the HP gauge, but I'll get used to it.
>>
>>26804995
Masuda isn't director on this one, he's composer and producer
>>
Are there UI comparisons? Is be interested in seeing them from all gens.
>>
>>26805046
No real point.

It's literally just D/P/Pt with the best UI until Sun & Moon. Not much to compare.
>>
>>26804995
>Lower battle screen shows the pokemon facing each other
>Popplio is looking to the wrong side

my autism has been triggered
>>
>>26804995
>>26805071

Also: It seems that altered status cover your pokemon's level and gender now. That also triggers my autism.

Everything else looks nice.
>>
>>26805062
No? DPPt doesn't even use the touch screen
>>
>>26805062
BW2 has the best UI.
>>
>>26805062
>D/P/Pt with the best UI
You mean the gen where every single menu was designed in a vacuum and there's not a scrap of consistency in the art direction?
>>
>>26804995
This is probably my favorite UI in a Pokemon game. Granted the HP bars look a little funny, but the paint splashes behind them are a nice touch. The overall design direction for these games is fantastic IMO. It truly feels exotic and colorful. Ohmori is stepping up his shit
>>
File: screenshot.150.png (20 KB, 187x77) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.150.png
20 KB, 187x77
>20 fucking years later
>Status effects STILL cover the pokemon's level
Why is it so fucking hard for them to get this one minor thing right?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 256x384
>>26805093
Haha what the fuck nigger just use you little eyes haha what the fuck
>>26805105
(You)
>>
>>26805233
It's not like you don't remember that already
>>
>>26805062
>D/P/Pt with the best UI until Sun & Moon
But Gen 6 has the best UI of any game released so far. Every menu can be reached from a tap on the touch screen, you can drag and drop Pokemon and items, and everything is quick and snappy.
>>
>>26805353
Let's be honest, everybody uses the menu button anyway.
>>
>>26805268
The Poketch is overrated.

>>26805353
Every menu is on the bottom screen at all times for HGSS. Absolutely everything menu wise can be done without pressing anything.
>>
>>26805421
The Restore button is incredibly
convenient for when you're using TMs.

>>26805440
The calculator, step counter, egg checker, berry map, and friendship checker would beg to differ.
>>
>>26805421
I don't. I don't see why anyone would waste time pressing X and using the D-Pad to pick a an option when you could just tap a button on the touch screen.

If I have this function that makes menu navigation easy and simple, I'm going to use it.

>>26805440
Yes, but the way Gen 6 handles it is a progression of that system. I'm not going to say I didn't like how HGSS handled menus, because I did, but Gen 6 handles them better.
>>
>>26804995

Masuda isn't director of Pokémon Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26805233
Why is that so important to you? It only happens in the party screen and you can just look at the summary of for some reason you need to know your pokemon's level.
>>
>>26805473
The one thing I'll give you is the pokemon screen. Checking what item each pokemon has, switching them, tap and drag, going straight to HMs, that was done pretty much perfectly.

Agree a bit less on other stuff though. I preferred how there's a slider to scroll through the bag in Gen V rather than dragging he screen in Gen 6. Also, I hate that there isnt a separate pokeballs pocket anymore. I also miss Free Space, but I may be a minority in that.

>>26805469
I cant deny it had good features. But still, the rest of the UI like the PC and Bag were pretty bad.
>>
The type effectiveness hinting feels a bit too hand-holding to me, but I understand how great that is for new players. I hope it will be something you can turn on and off, but I doubt it.
Everything else looks fucking beautiful
>>
>>26805622
I'll accept that you have a different opinion on the bag, but the PC has seen a significant improvement over Gen 4. Having both your main party and the PC Pokemon on the same screen is already better. There's also no, "You're already holding a Pokemon!" bullcrap, meaning that I can quickly switch them around instead of going through the tedious process of:
>pressing A on one of my party Pokemon
>selecting Move
>pressing on the D-Pad any number of times as necessary to get it to a blank spot
>pressing A again
>selecting Drop
>going over to the other Pokemon in the PC
>selecting Move
>moving it over the the empty space on my team
>dropping it there

Nowadays, moving Pokemon is quick, efficient, and can be done without pressing a single button.
>>
>>26805622
Gen 5 has the worst bag by far. Whoever decided to use random bag sprites instead of icons that tell you what's in each pocket should be fired.
>>
>>26805729
You didnt even have to use that, just bring up moving multiple pokemon and I'd have no way to defend myself. Now I'm playing HG and have to plan out my box in advance so that I dont end up having to move a lot of stuff. It's at least easier to do that in HG than BW because you can put any box up at the top. But yeah, mass moving is a godsend.

>>26805742
See, that was never a problem to me because I put everything I care about in free space
>>
File: 1372222395022.jpg (38 KB, 268x489) Image search: [Google]
1372222395022.jpg
38 KB, 268x489
>>26805105
>a black screen whose only purpose is to remind you that you aren't online is better than fucking anything

y-you too..
>>
>>26805353
They took away our custom item shortcut list, then put everything into the items pocket. EVERYTHING.
>>
>>26806651
You can organize items by type, but yeah

there needs to be a couple extra pockets in Sun and Moon
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (9 KB, 187x77) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
9 KB, 187x77
>>26805233
>>26805337
>>26805617

I fixed it.
>>
>>26806752
Your Pokemon's max HP is much more vital information than its gender or level, anon.
>>
>>26804995

HP gauge decreases pretty slowly.

Why can't they just have it be instant?
>>
>>26804995

>Sir Masuda

Straight up kill yourself.
That faggot is the last person who deserves that title.
>>
>>26806770

Because having all three would be asking too much, wouldn't it? Oh wait a minute.
>>
>>26805617

That's not the point. It's still shit.
>>
I'm glad the fight button is no longer literally my mom's clipart explosion.
>>
>>26805062
UI gets better each gen.
>>
>>26805233
I know. Why does it hide the level from a Pokemon that can't gain experience? It makes no sense.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.