[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Oldest protagonists >Easiest, most casual games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: bwxy.jpg (245 KB, 469x418) Image search: [Google]
bwxy.jpg
245 KB, 469x418
>Oldest protagonists
>Easiest, most casual games
>>
>>26803961
what
>>
considering BW and BW2 had, on average, the longest playtime, I'd say they were the least casual game
>>
>>26803961
>Playing BW2 outside of challenge mode
>Ever
>>
how hard is B&W2 compared to Emerald and B&W? Everyone praises it, but I heard that the level up curve is fucked and its midgame is very easy, making it overall easier than B&W (except for the PWT).
The solution would be hard mode, but that link thing to unlock it is so fucking retarded
>>
>>26804051
I think OP wanted to point out the contrast since BW/BW2 were the least casual and XY the absolute most
>>
>>26804103
BW was pretty fucking casual my man

and the protagonists are canonically the second oldest in the series after XY's
>>
>>26804103
BW/BW2 are really casual, especially after Platinum.
>4 pokemon per Elite 4 member
>3 pokemon max per gym leader
>free lucky eggs
>>
>>26803961
>>26804114
>>26804131
>complaining about casual gameplay in Pokemon of all things

absolute fucking cancer.
>>
>>26804090
But challenge mode was just "age 8+" mode. There was no challenge to it. It was still one of the easiest games.
>>
>>26804051
>BW and B2W2
>most casual
>not platinum

top wew
>>
>>26806799
This is the board that thinks switching a 670 BST mon for a Zangoose and a Spinda is an "improvement".
>>
>>26803961
All Pokemon games are easy and for casuals. I love Pokemon, but let's not be retarded here.
>>
>>26807868

How in the fuck was Platinum casual? Besides the original gen 1 games Platinum is probably the most "challenging" (as far as pokemon goes at least). everything after is pure babby shit.
>>
>>26808849
HGSS and GS were harder than Platinum.
Not saying they were hard, just harder than Platinum.
>>
>>26808856

Noooo, no way. NPCs pokemon in HG/SS were so low that it was super easy to become over-leveled and just steamroll everything, with few exceptions. Like just for example, there are some trainers near the seventh gym town who's pokemon aren't even past level 20 yet. Now of course this does present the problem of making grinding a pain, but that only really happens when you are switching out pokemon on a full team of six or getting new teammates late in the game. If you get your full team early on, you will be pretty much set by the time you hit the third or fourth gym, unless you are skipping trainers to battle or something.

Meanwhile in Platinum you will very often be underleveled, and with places like Mt. Coronet where wild encounters are SO common, you NEED repels or you will be having a shitty time often. And of course Cynthia is (arguably) the most difficult Champion of the whole series.

That said, Platinum is possibly my favorite game in the series, but that's a whole other story.
>>
>>26808896
But did Platinum have Whitney?
>>
>>26808903
Whitney is a meme gym leader that's stopped cold by a female Geodude.
>>
>>26804131
>especially after platinum
Play gym leaders had mostly 3 Mons, and two gyms had 4 mons and at an average lower level, and without items

BW2 had a challenge mode with most gyms having 4 pokemon as well as using held items. The E4 are better as well, since in challenge mode e4 uses items, and the rematch battles blow platinum out of the water, they all have 6 pokemon, items, and the level requirement is much higher.
>>
>>26808971
Too bad the challenge mode is so hard to get to

I'm tired of people treating it as BW2's default state, because without it the game is quite easy
>>
>>26808922
If she forces you into using a shitmon like Geodude (let alone a girl one) then you've already lost.

I swept Platinum with Empoleon, Bibarel, and Staraptor. Easy mode, niggaw.
>>
>>26808985

>Geodude
>shitmon

nigga what are you talking about, Geodude is a total bro (or sister). having a Geodude early in the game is practically like having a legendary simply because it resists the majority of attacks you will be dealing with.
>>
>>26808849
>gen 1 challenging
You what?
They're the easiest games in the franchise because of how easy it is to break the game and the special stat.

Also there's a difference between tedium and difficulty you retard
>>
>>26808896
>NPCs pokemon in HG/SS were so low that it was super easy to become over-leveled
You're kidding right.
The Johto games have experience like it was a rarity. There's no way to over level without a long as hell grind.
>>
>>26804094
it's stupid but really easy, just buy both games
>>
>Implying all Pokemon games aren't easy as piss

Trying to argue which one is easiest is so goddamn pointless, you people are really just looking for an argument at this point
>>
>>26804051
It took surprisingly long for the Gen V apologists to appear.
>>
>>26808903
>LE ROLLOUT MEME

I hate this meme
>>
>>26809006
It's a floating rock with arms.

And it's evolutions are retarded.
>>
>>26809066
>You can't have a discussion!
>>
>>26809038

well yeah obviously if you're glitching/cheating/abusing something it's easy, I'm talking about a regular playthrough.

also tedium can be considered difficult because most people don't like tedium that is boring so getting through it seems "difficult", that's what I mean.
>>
>>26809070
They're probably all sleeping in since school ended recently.
>>
>>26809116
>/vp/
>Discussion

Please, the only discussion that happens here is which pokegirl/pokeboy/pokemon is the best to fuck. Everything else is basically shitflinging on which generation or pokemon is the best and shitting on other opinions. I will admit that there are times where someone actually has a civil discussion on something, but those are rare
>>
>>26809113
Lots of good Pokémon are retarded looking. Look at the genies, they're ugly as sin and they're amazing. Same with Rotom-W, it's a washing machine ghost, it looks doofy as hell, but it's a really good mon
>>
File: 1446585017493.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446585017493.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>26804051
>considering BW and BW2 had, on average, the longest playtime
[citation needed]

I swear to god I'll never understand what's supposed to be so special about Gen V post-game.
>>
>>26807868
>push lilligant / darmanitan's button
>win
>???
>profit
>>
>>26808896
With all the respect, the only competitive thing HGSS brought / fixed those were its gym leader rematches, Red and that Alakazam Ace Trainer before Pallet Town, somehow the league rematch turned to be as bad as DP and BW/BW2 first league chapter and /XY/ORAS, rematches seriously, check their movesets, especially Lance's rematch retarded sets.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>26808903
Sure I had to beat Quillava's head on the same tree for a little over an hour but
>>
>>26809280

B2/W2 post-game is praised mostly for the PWT which allows you to battle every gym leader and E4 member in the series' history (up until that point). A lot of people really liked that.
>>
>>26809361
>and every e4
t. someone who hasn't played bw2 and only heard about this sugar coated standard facility
>>
>>26809361
So it's another battle facility but with more limited sets of teams and trainers? Got it, definitely the worth being called the pinnacle of the series. I love how /vp/'s idea of good post-game is just a bunch of NPC battles with pre-determined teams, while the Gen VI improvements to breeding, training and battling mean absolutely nothing.
>>
>>26809513

To be fair, that doesn't count. Emerald added more quality of life updates AND it had Frontier.
Not that I think Em had best postgame, I still give that title to Gen IV in general.
>>
>>26809513
I enjoy anything that adds some more content to the single player.

Sure I enjoy playing with my friends some, but I am not competitive or a breeder. I play pokemon for a fun little adventure.

I am no way saying I am in the majority. Just giving my 2 cents.
>>
>>26809361
>and every e4

HAHAAHHAeheh...sob
>>
>>26808896

>I never played past the elite four in HGSS

If you don't grind the level curve immediately shoots way up post-E4 and you'll be underleveled all throughout the rest of the game
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.