[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Turn EXP share off >Game becomes fun again Hope this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
>Turn EXP share off
>Game becomes fun again

Hope this shit stays in Gen VI.
>>
Gen VI EXP Share allows for far more playstyles than the old one did, so I hope it isn't gutted.
>>
>>26802953
As long as the game is balanced around not having EXP share on. I don't like having to grind or be overleveled. Thankfully EXP scaling is back so it should help immensely with that.

Also hope they bring back the old EXP share under a different name. I liked being able to control where the EXP goes.
>>
>>26803023

EXP share should be given to you post-game where it belongs.
>>
>>26803042
Having played BW2 again after playing XY, I disagree with this. The 6th gen exp share is much, much less clunky. It just needs some sort of scaling to offset the exp bonus it gives you, and SM has that.
>>
>>26803042
Yeah, that'd be perfect. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the main reason it exists is for kids that like to power through the game with overleveled teams so I don't see that happening.
>>
>>26803042
The main intention behind the new EXP Share according to interviews is to let you experiment a ton with using lots and lots of Pokemon throughout your run. Like, 20~30 if not more. I know most of /vp/ likes to stick with just a team of six and no more, but pretty much every normalfag I've met who plays Pokemon loves it exactly because it lets them change Pokemon so often as they want.

Restricting it to post-game removes that possible play style, unless they want to grind a ton.
>>
>>26803060
It needs to just not give you free exp. Instead it should split it and give bigger portions to your underleveled pokemon.
>>
>>26803068

Then hopefully level scaling kicks in real fucking hard in Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26803068
That's why EXP scaling is important. It limits the 'free exp' to your underleveled pokemon.
>>
>>26803068
I used to think this was bullshit, until I tried my second run in ORAS with a team of 10 Pokémon I used in rotation, but still EXP share off. It was so damn fun, made me feel like THIS is the right way to play the game.

I think I'll try going with an even bigger team next time, and maybe I might change my mind about the EXP share in that case, since I'll have to use it in order to get all those 'mons to the same level (more or less), which would be awfully boring otherwise.
>>
File: 1447634366147.png (35 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
1447634366147.png
35 KB, 600x578
>implying I don't enjoy steamrolling the whole game using whatever I want and never having to grind
>>
>>26802953

It's an OPTIONAL FUCKING FEATURE.

People who like rotating their teams during their playthrough can use it, people who just want to use the same six Pokemon the entire game can turn it off.

If you don't like it, just turn the damn thing off. It's not that hard.
>>
>>26803072
What's it matter? All it changes is not having to switch in pokemon you're trying to level. If you switch around teams, it's fine. If you don't, turn it off.
>>
>>26803151
I find it so much more satisfying just barely winning in games.
>>
Pokemon has never been hard, because single-player is not the focus. The collecting and multiplayer aspects are.

If you play Pokemon for the single-player, then you're doing it wrong, and are better off playing another RPG series like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.
>>
>>26802980

>playstyles

what the fug
>>
>>26803193

I've played pokemon for the single-player since it first came out and it is almost always fun to me. I have absolutely no interest in the multiplayer. Why is that wrong?
>>
>>26803193
i only play for single player. ingame adventures and collecting, shiny hunting, etc
>>
Just make AI harder, have more pokemon than 3, and less recovery points outside poke centers.
>>
>>26803227

Because Pokemon's single-player campaign offers nothing that it isn't done better in other RPGs.
>>
>>26803162
The thing is, I want to be able to control where the exp goes in some way without getting free exp to make my team overleveled.

There are times when I want to use a specific pokemon for a segment of the game (ex. using one because it has a type advantage in a gym) and not use one being it's at a disadvantage and can easily faint. It's times like these where I wish I could have the disadvantaged pokemon leech exp (while staying benched) from the pokemon gaining the most exp. That's one of the reasons why I want the old EXP share back.

But I do understand the need for the current one with how it makes it easy to level pokemon for competitive and makes EV training easier.

Overall, it just comes down to my personal preference of always having a balanced party that isn't overleveled or underleveled.
>>
>>26803193
Go back to your battle simulators, faggot.
>>
>>26803269

I guess I haven't played the right other RPGs then...
>>
Why are there so many exp share shill thread today?
>>
>>26803269
>campaign
Off yourself you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>26802953
>He actually likes grinding
>>
>Gen V introduce audinos and a better exp system
>LOL let's remove them next gen
>>
File: 1446395624565.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446395624565.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>26803300
>>campaign
>>
>>26803317
>>26803300

what else would you call it?
>>
>>26803023
>As long as the game is balanced around not having EXP share on.
Honestly, I think the games should be balanced around EXP Share usage. The idea of the EXP Share on paper is great as it reduces the grind. It's just that the levels of the NPC's Pokemon should be balanced around this new EXP Mechanic so that you don't turn up with a Level 79 Pokemon when the Champion has a level 68 Pokemon.

That's how I see it at least.
>>
Turning exp.share off slows you down immensely I feel. Doesn't seem worth it, its going to be easy anyway with how the games' designed. No need to waste your time.
>>
>>26803138
>>26803068
Having played b2 with a squad that i swapped around the whole time, their rubber band exp system was way way better for this. also didnt make your entire team ten levels too high for any battle to be remotely interesting
>>
>>26805376
It was also incredibly tedious to constantly change your team around to get them all exp. Hopefully SM will be a best of both worlds situation.
>>
>>26802953
>I really miss the unbearable tedium of grinding pisd poor exp points in the worst victory road ever just so that I can not even match Steven's level!
>>
>>26803023
>Thankfully EXP scaling is back so it should help immensely with that.
What? Did i miss something?
>>
>>26807040
>the worst victory road ever
Thats Johto's "victory road"
>>
>>26807111
Nah senpai, Sinnoh victory road is the worst one. 2 HM slaves needed.
>>
>>26807128
So? At least it has TRAINERS
>>
>>26807128
At least the trainers and wild pokemon are appropriately leveled.
>>
>>26807040
This shit explains why I never finished Emerald back in the day

Although Sableye and Absol being my highest-leveled Pokemon probably had more to do with it
>>
>>26807128
Victory road is literally the one place which should require all HM moves, its the culmination of your journey and the obstacles that you had to overcome.

Plus its skippable once you reach the pokemon center on the other side so its not even a problem once you initially clear it.
>>
I wish there was two experience shares

One which shares with the whole team and can be turned on or off

And one which is given to one Pokemon like in older games
>>
I don't understand why EXP Shares are an issue here, I have an overleveled team regardless, the lead Pokemon is always 12 levels over a regular trainer during the main route of the game. Gym leaders aren't even a threat either, they just spam a useless move, then when they finally have their last Pokemon, they announce some "I'm not gonna give up but I'm probably gonna lose to you" bullshit, and then they die after succumbing to my super-effective attack I've been using for 6 times.
>>
>>26802953
>turn off exp share
>amie exp boost still ruins level curve
>end up at same level as steven by the end

I honestly had more fun in XY than I did with these.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.