[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys think Nintendo will ever hold contests to let people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: justus (2).jpg (7 KB, 286x320) Image search: [Google]
justus (2).jpg
7 KB, 286x320
Do you guys think Nintendo will ever hold contests to let people create Pokémon and then the best one/ones are incorporated into the game? Because there are many fakemon out there that look cooler than some official Pokémon according to many fans and that'd be a way to make fans interact more with the company and feel like a community.

Do you think that is a real possibility or Nintendo would never do such thing? This sort of contest would be immensely popular in Japan, I believe.
>>
>>26798773
Too much risk of the usual creators either deliberately or accidentally taking ideas which were submitted for the contest and didn't win.
>>
>>26798773
>Guyz! Lets make ballio real! XDDDDD
>>
>>26798789
This is probably the biggest one, but you also have to remember stuff like merchandising. That business gets really risky especially if the original contract or whatever the submission forms says isn't airtight, someone could fuck them over and want profits from merchandising.

They HAVE actually used some user submitted artwork for special cards. I think it was a promotion for Art Academy
>>
At this point, probably not.

I know Digimon had a few mons created through pixel art contests, but that was very early on. It seems like the kind of idea that would've been best at the height of early Pokemon popularity, if at all. Now everything is probably controlled too tightly, sorted to make sure games have some illusion of type and stat balance.
>>
>>26798813
Just make a contract saying they 100% own everything. Whenever a company does that sort of deal they have contracts like that. It's so easy.

>>26798789
Interesting. Hadn't thought about that.

>>26798796
Fuck no.
>>
>>26798773

No. Way too many legal complications.
>>
>>26798773
Draco Meteor only exists because of a fan contest
>>
>>26798832

No contract is airtight. Nintendo doesn't want the winning fan to come back ten years later arguing that the contest terms were deceptive so he was inadequately compensated and now wants 10% of merchandise and game sales related to his design. Nintendo would win, but after a long, public legal battle that they'd probably end up settling for more than they want to spend.

Basically, it's just asking for trouble. Any lawyer would advise them that this contest is a terrible idea.
>>
File: root my hoot.jpg (160 KB, 1200x906) Image search: [Google]
root my hoot.jpg
160 KB, 1200x906
>>26798796
it could be much, much worse

they would never shut up
>>
>>26798773
Lol no faggot
>>
>>26798872
Then how did Capcom do it?
>>
When you see stuff like Terrakion you kind of think Nintendo needs help.
>>
>>26798889

No idea. Maybe they care less about control over their intellectual property. Nintendo certainly cares about that.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 590x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 590x337
Doctor Who once held a "create the monster of the week" contest. This is Abzorbaloff and this was the winner.

Given how both series are popular amongst children, I'd rather not have a repeat of this.
>>
>>26798849
Just the name, not the move
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.