[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your wild Shinies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15
File: ShinyZubat.png (35 KB, 260x240) Image search: [Google]
ShinyZubat.png
35 KB, 260x240
>Be me
>Playing Emerald
>Find first Shiny
>It's fucking Zubat
>"Yaaaaay!!! That's awesome!"
>Evolve it into Crobat
>Dislike it's disgusting color
>Send it in the PC forever
>Play Leaf Green
>Find second Shiny
>It's another fucking Zubat
>"Oh!... it's... Zubat... well, at least some people never find Shines! Golbat isn't that bad anyway!"
>Evolve it into Golbat
>Put it in the PC as well
>Play Ruby
>Finds third Shiny
>ANOTHER
>FUCKING
>ZUBAT
>A bit impressed, but mostly angry.
>"Why? Why do you do this to me?"
>Not even evolve it and keep it on the PC
The other Shinies were Lotad, Psyduck, Poochyena, Sandshrew, and FUCKING REGICE and Lake of Rage's Red Gyarados, but those god damn Zubats almost made me quit Pokémon
(Fucking hell)

Anyway, what are all the wild Shinies you've found so far /vp/? P-please share your stories with us
>>
Electrode and Basculin
Both of these on X because I suddenly got lucky after 10+ years playing pokeymans.
>>
File: 209_Snubbull_OS_Shiny.png (35 KB, 724x705) Image search: [Google]
209_Snubbull_OS_Shiny.png
35 KB, 724x705
I've never been particularly lucky with shinies, only had a couple throughout all the games. My favorite was shiny Psyduck that i found in Pokemon Emerald (secund Psyduck encounter btw).

Also, I recently found a shiny Snubbul in Pokemon X (still my only shiny in X, but gonna try some shiny hunting soon)
>>
First ever was taillow in ruby
Second was a weedle in y
Third an aipom in y
All wonderful wild shinies
>>
A Zubat and Geodude in Rock Tunnel both of which I released because I was a retard and a poorfag with no net back then and Fire Red was my first game.

My only other Wild shiny was a Solosis in White.

Everything else has been hunted/MMd/a hack received from the GTS or WT.

I actually really have an itch to just grind away for shinies endlessly but the fact that you can hack them in just kills it for me.
>>
are shiny giveaways still allowed? just wondering
>>
Got a shiny Trapinch in ruby a bunch of years back, damn was I dissapointed when i didn't get a black Flygon. Also got shiny Zigzagoon, Machop and Wailmer in last OR playthrough. Traded the Zigzagoon to some random guy for a shiny Arcanine so thats neat.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 752x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 752x960
>don't really remember my shinies pre Black and white
>can't seem to remember if I found them or not
>come Black and white though
>be super excited on games first play through
>putzing around in the first areas for hours
>just trying to see what new Mons are out
>(didn't check online pokedex half way through to keep the game interesting)
>finding all these cool faggy new Pokemon
>wonder how all these modes changes to such softer figures
>everything's so cute I feel like a queer
>nonetheless I'm trying to catch a shiny lilipup
>hours and hours go by and nothing
>give up and say fuck it (meanwhile friend already has three and games been out 2 weeks)
>trot along to that one cave with those baby conkledurr fuckers
>literally first step in the cave is a shiny
>FUCK
>think shits all juicy until I realize it's just a minor skin tone change
>godhasforsakenme.bat
> learn that I am just meant to not have nice things

Have one more...
>>
Zubat is probably the most common shiny people get, besides gift ones like Gyarados, Haxorus, Gible and Dratini.
>>
>Tentacool
Playing Emerald a month before Gen IV comes out, just grinding some Pokemon to LV 100 when this fucker appears out of nowhere. It was my first shiny and I was ecstatic.

>Geodude
Playing my brother's copy of Pearl because he was struggling to beat the third gym (he was young at the time). Managed to contain my excitement and never told him about it, proceeded to transfer it to my Diamond shortly after.

>Watchog and Audino
Caught these two in Black during my first play through ON THE SAME DAY. The second one barely surprised me for some reason.

>Plusle
Found right after slateport during my first play through of OR. Didn't chain or anything, its shiny is adorable.
>>
>>26792924
I never ran into a shiny in all of my years of Pokemon, through all of the remakes and reruns i've gone though.

But in ORAS it's piss-easy to breed shinies so I finally bred my first shiny, an Eevee. It just feels so much better catching/breeding your own instead of trading (or cheating) for one.
Still haven't encountered a shiny in the wild, though. I don't think I ever will.
>>
I caught a shiny Geodude 5 minutes ago in Platinum. The 3rd time I've ever ran into a wild shiny, the 1st being Zubat, the 2nd being Cottonee.
>>
>>26793050
Shiny flygon is top-tier
Shame that Gen VI ruined the colors on it.
>>
File: Machamp.jpg (121 KB, 417x318) Image search: [Google]
Machamp.jpg
121 KB, 417x318
>>26793114
>2 unintentional Shinies on the same day
>Shiny Audino
Jesus Christ anon
>>
>>26793114
I meant to say minun, plusle is AS exclusive
>>
>>26792924
my girlfriend kind of has the same story except with magikarp, which is even more useless because of the shiny one in lake of rage
i think her only other shiny ever was a shiny male combee in x
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465075418893.jpg (5 KB, 480x250) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465075418893.jpg
5 KB, 480x250
>>26792924
Ive only naturally come across 3 shinies
1. First time in GS some trainer had it. An electabuzz, i think. Long time ago. Was never able to catch it. Most Horrible Frustrating moment of gaming in my life.

2. In XY shiny trapinch at that desert power plant place. Had no clue it was shiny, stared at it for literally 15 mins thinking... is this shiny? Caught it just in case it was. mfw. Now whenever im not paying attention if i remotely think its shiny i catch it.

3. Finish BW give the cartridge to my nephew with all my shiny breeded and traded mons. Got it back last month to catch some mons to complete dex in oras. Shiny Braviary appears as soon as i step in the grass to search for it. Caught it.

4. And a list of shinies i bred
>charmander
>2 Zoruas in the same batch of 5 eggs. only One egg apart from eachother (i was so happy!)
>>
>>26793127
Congratulations.
I would still be screaming t b h
>>
I just found a shiny Zubat earlier today on my Platinum emulator ;_;
>>
>>26793084
Next one is in ORAS
>played the game a solid 6 play throughs
>first time was a given since most areas I glanced through to beat the game
>second time around I always spice it up
>release starter
>find first interesting Pokemon I like pre first badge
>then try my hardest to make an abortion of a team based on things I didn't use in the prior play through
>sometimes end up with Pokemon of net stats below 500
>most of the game is a walking regret but it makes it challenging and kinda funny
>every game though I have one constant
>I fucking love spheal and his whole line
>every play through I spend hours in that cave
>not even a fucking proper natured one till it's a clean 4-5 hours into looking
>ended up just scrapping him ever game becuase too weak
>finally get to my sixth play through
>I run a team of 6 Megas and I just cycle through who gets to evolve that battle
>awful strategy but yet again relatively funny
>finally get to the cave but I already have a full team and have no use for another water type
>sharpedo and slowbro to fuck me up the rear
>first cock sucking Pokemon I find in the cave is a defensive natured shiny spheal
>THIS COCKSUCKER IS PINK AND ADORABLE
>of fucking mother fucking course I don't need him on this play through and it botches my whole run
>end up just stowing him in the bank
>autistic rage every time I see it in the bank

Fuck you Japan, Hiroshima happened years ago, don't be childish and try to ruin my life
>>
>>26793135
Right? Looking back, the reason it didn't surprise me so much is because I non-stop grinded audinos and figured that if I was to find another shiny, that had to be it. I prefer to be ~10 levels higher than the average npc trainer's pokemon.
>>
>>26793150
Except Gen II trainer pokemon have scripted IVs
>>
File: 1463087948417.png (186 KB, 605x464) Image search: [Google]
1463087948417.png
186 KB, 605x464
>>26792924
I want a shiny zubat.
>>
>find shiny Kricketot
>in the battle frontier
I'll always be mad.
>>
I've been playing emerald again to kill a bit of time before SM is released. Found a shiny Swablu in it a couple of days ago

I wish I had a way to move it to pokebank but my DS is now broke
>>
First ever was a shiny Goldeen at Mt. Mortar in Gen 2. 11 years old me was so confused about that dramatic sparkle that i had only known from the red Gyarados, the concept of shinies was unknown to me. I caught it still because oft that goddamn sparkle. Sadly, my game's barrery died half a year later. The second random wild shiny encounter was a Hariyama in X on release day.
>>
My first shiny was Spheal from emerald called it the pink terror, the second one was Tranquil in B&W, send this one to the pc, third was Dugtrio, and recently Audino both in X, i send the Dugtrio to the pc and keep the Audino in my team.
>>
>Silver
I was just going through the first cave when a shiny Zubat showed up.
I didn't know what it was, but I still caught it because it was strange.

>Diamond
I was walking around again trying to catch a Shellos, I think, when a shiny Wingull showed up. I didn't know how rare shinies or what they were until gen, and because I didn't like my run, I started a new game, erasing the shiny.

>X
I was going around trying to catch a Spritzee, I think, when a shiny Scraggy came up.

I'm pretty lucky considering I was able to get Pokerus on all my runs from gen 4 to 6, even in the remakes of 2 and 3.
>>
First shiny was a Cascoon in emerald. Erased that save because i fucked up my team.

Second shiny was a Litwick in black. replaced my Ghothorita that carried me up to that point in the game.

Third one was a Mienshao in black, it killed herself with hi jump kick tho i already had a Mienshao so i dont care that much, but it still sucks that i didnt catch her
>>
File: Pain.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Pain.gif
470 KB, 200x200
>>26794047
>Shiny Pokémon killed itself
>>
First shiny I remember having was a Lotad. Didn't know shinies were a thing back in the GSC days, so not sure if I had any back then.
Other shinies over the years that I remember (not including events)
Shiny Spearow in LG
Shiny Mudkip in Emerald (soft resetted, also saw a shiny Poochyena I couldn't catch during the ride)
Shiny Zubat in Platinum
Shiny Wooper in Diamond
Another shiny Zubat in X
Encountered a shiny (cant remember the mon) in Emerald, but it was a trainers (such a cock tease)
And currently have a shiny Machop in X
Might hang on to the Machop since I like Machamp, but the nature sucks.
>>
>>26792924
My only pre-gen 6 shiny was my amazing golden and beautiful piloswine.

I guess a Mammoth is ok.. right? LITERALLY THE COLOR OF GREEN SHIT.
>>
File: image.gif (68 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
68 KB, 500x281
>>26794100
Happened to me in X, a horde of Geodudes and the shiny got Magnituded to death
>>
File: welp.png (1 MB, 1141x514) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
1 MB, 1141x514
>be me
>playing white and grinding a bit near the transfer center
>kinda just chillin, nothing too interesting
>suddenly shiny gligar
>i have FOUR random balls of useless nature and a team of overpowered pokemon
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>decide to do some insane shit and poison it with toxic
>sit tight and watch for my chance, throwing a ball when i think im close
>catch it with the last ball, a heal ball
>it's modest
>>
File: 1466054181010.png (66 KB, 220x208) Image search: [Google]
1466054181010.png
66 KB, 220x208
I recently hatched a shiny Pineco after only one egg. I just wanted a Pineco for the pokedex.
>>
File: 1436803712158.png (297 KB, 364x410) Image search: [Google]
1436803712158.png
297 KB, 364x410
>>26794100
>shiny beldum in platinum
>it's level 52, has the catch rate of a legendary and only knows take down
>>
>Playing Omega Ruby
>Decide to go catch Palkia
>Shiny Palkia appears..
>Masterball that shit straight away
>>
File: Shedinja.jpg (14 KB, 320x321) Image search: [Google]
Shedinja.jpg
14 KB, 320x321
>>26794604
>Playing Sapphire
>Decide to go catch Regice (after Regirock and Registeel)
>Shiny Regice appears
>Realise I didn't have a Masterball because I used it while ago on Spheal for fun's sake
>Get it to 1 HP, put it to sleep, and catch it with a Honor Ball (had like 60 of them)
>>
File: 1466006630483.jpg (14 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1466006630483.jpg
14 KB, 620x465
>>26794804
wtf is an Honor ball?
>>
My first one was in Silver while hunting for Raikou I ran into a shiny weepinbell.

A few days ago I was doing my 3rd attempt at a black nuzlocke and found a shiny lilipup on route 1. Its now sitting in my pokebank as I try my 5th fucking attempt at blacklocke
>>
File: 1408919734564.jpg (21 KB, 458x461) Image search: [Google]
1408919734564.jpg
21 KB, 458x461
>>26792924
>those god damn Zubats almost made me quit Pokémon

>being upset that something incredibly rare happened to you three times
What kind of ungrateful brat do you have to be to get pissed that you found a shiny?

And how in the almighty fuck do you not like Pink Lemonade Crobat? I don't think I've ever been this repulsed by another human being in my life.
>>
>>26794857
*Premier Ball lmao
"Honor Ball" is the spanish name.
>>
>>26794913
I was a kid back then m8
And yes, I had found three shinies and all of them were Zubats. How is that not unholy.
>>
>>26794934
A shitstain of a kid that complains when they get good things, apparently.

Getting three of the same shiny is just really lucky. Only an advanced fuckhead would get upset about it. Anyone without genuine autism would think it was amusing.
>>
>my first, Red Gyarados not counting, was a Golbat in Victory Road in Ruby
>a Spearrow in one of the Sevii Islands in Fire Red
>a Hoot hoot in Heart Gold right after I got Pokeballs (evolved it)
>a Yanma in Platinum Safari
>a Quagsire that fled in the same safari
>>
>>26792924
I've never purposefully hunted shinies, but since 2007, I've encountered at least 10, and caught 9.
>>
>>26792924
>an east sea Shellos in Platinum
>Poliwhirl in Y while surfing around after failing so many times to do the shiny fishing trick

All my other shinies were from hatching, events, or Wonder Trade
>>
>he fell for the shiny meme
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.