[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>clefable >OU >wigglytuff >PU What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Clefairy_leader_DoubleSlap.png (223 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Clefairy_leader_DoubleSlap.png
223 KB, 640x480
>clefable
>OU
>wigglytuff
>PU

What went wrong?
>>
Autistic statfags
>>
>>26792206
I think the real answer is in the ability capsule. It gave us magic guard+Soft boiled.

Also bulk
>>
Clefable has always been better, even back in RBY it had a good move pool
>>
>>26792217
>objectivity = autism
>>
File: 1465589232593.png (2 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
1465589232593.png
2 KB, 80x80
>>26792206
Things that Clefable has that Wigglytuff doesn't:
>Two top-tier Abilities that are among the best ones in the game
>Higher BST along with a better stat distribution
>Calm Mind
>Reliable, instant recovery
So yeah, I hope that answers your question OP.
>>
>>26792206
Higher Special and Speed, better defensive spread, access to better abilities and moves. Wiggly still has some good point like Normal/Fairy and Competitive, but Clefable is overall more useful.
>>
>>26792224

You could still have Softboiled Clefable in Gen 4-5.
If a Gen 3 Pokémon had their second ability flag when they didn't have a second ability, if they were transported into Gen4-5, they would get the second ability upon evolving.
This was fixed in Gen VI, but as you said it had the Ability Capsule so it was a moot point.

Clefable's OU came exclusively from its type change, +10 BST in Sp.A and Moonblast being bretty gud.
>>
>>26792298
Huh I didn't know that worked like that in Gen 4-5
>>
>>26792320

Yeah, I just used it to get a Mimic No Guard Machamp in Gen IV.
(Using Mimic to teach it Sheer Cold via the Rage glitch, fuck Battle Tower/Battle Subway)
>>
>>26792352
Kek that's pretty cool anon
>>
>>26792352
What happens if you transfer it to gen 6?
>>
>>26792206
M-Wigglytuff
Gets Adaptability for stab Normal and Fairy moves, plus +30-40 attack, def, and special.

Fixed?
>>
>>26792376

Can't. Bank blocks illegal move combos from Mimic glitched. It won't block aforementioned Clefairy/Clefable though.
Bank also let my Wish Chansey and Extremespeed Zigzagoon through (both taught those moves via the Mimic/Rage glitch). So that was neat.
>>
>>26792432
I'm a bit of a Smogon player, And it just bothers me when people use wish Chansey when 20 people have only gotten it legitimately, and then didn't evolve it into Blissey. I don't care using it to make shitmons viable
>>
>>26792469

I only did it to see if I could.
People on Smogon consider it illegal, though, so I won't be using either. But yeah.
>>
>>26792485
OU's the worst tier anyways

I've noticed the more I play, the more I start to like weaker and weaker Pokemon, i.e. Ubers as a child, then strongest non legends (OU), UU/RU ish?, now it's just shitmons NU/PU
>>
Competitive pokemon killed pokemon
>>
>>26792527

I know enough about Pokémon but I can never sit and design a proper team. Usually I just Randbat, RNG and breed awesome mons.
And honestly though, much like how 4chan is good outside of /b/, so is Smogon good outside of /OU/. Other metagames have more enjoyable fans and Smogon's WiFi community is non-hyperbolically the best Pokémon trading community I know. They miterally give away 5IV/6IV Pokémon daily.
>>
>>26792271

/thread
>>
For what it's worth, Jigglypuff has a weird niche in Triple Battles, where Perish Song is a lot more abusable than it is in other formats.
>>
>perish song battle royale
Gen 7 can't come soon enough
>>
>>26792584
I legitimately believe that if Smogon did not exist, Pokemon would have not received a sixth generation. It keeps an entire demographic involved in the game, churning out free advertising for the other ones.
>>
>>26792912
Smogon isn't so big that it keeps up the entire series, Japan doesn't do Smogon and you still have millions of kids around the world who play as well
>>
>>26792206
Basically everything.
>>
>>26792912
Smogon has a few thousand people that play, but the series always breaks 10 million for new generations
>>
>>26792206
One is in smash bros the other isn't
>>
>>26792206
Clefable has better moves, better abilities and it's pure fairy
>>
>>26792912
not to downplay smogon's role in how we see pokemon today but its not pulling that kind of weight
>>
>>26792206
>being a smogon drone
>>
>>26792912
Delusional
>>
File: pokemon.png (3 MB, 2276x1280) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
3 MB, 2276x1280
>>26792527
that fucking feel
>>
>>26792527
I really dislike tiers below RU. Most hazrd control is in higher tiers so hazards end up doing a ton of chip damage over the course of the match.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.