[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: ssss.png (98 KB, 200x229) Image search: [Google]
ssss.png
98 KB, 200x229
defend this
>>
>>26788383
You already knew this shit. There's no difference. It helps the smartphone age kids who'd get bored and give up when they don't know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>26788383

No. We've already spent multiple threads explaining why this is perfectly fine. Go read those.
>>
I can't do anything about it other than shitposting about it in a vietnamese creature collecting board and it'll probably be toggled ON/OFF like Battle Set/Style

saged
>>
>>26788383
You would have googled it anyway.
>>
>>26788383
several games have had type charts in the manual

DPPt has a poketch app that lets you check type effectiveness.
>>
>>26788383
It only appears after you already fought the pokemon.
If you know the type chart this change nothing, while if you don't this will help you.
A super effective move isn't always the best choice
>>
>>26788383

No different than being able to check move details during battle, which we've been able to do for years.
>>
Maria... This is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to (You).
>>
I can't defend this. All I can really say is that it will have no effect on me because I will know all the type combinations anyway and nothing will change. If it ever did affect me is if they bring back Battle Spot and every 10 year old will know what to use against me. Maybe they'll win, maybe they won't. My strategies are not perfect.
>>
File: oh no.gif (988 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
oh no.gif
988 KB, 250x250
If they add this to pokemon showdown to follow suit, memes like arceus flying named arceus steel won't work as well.
>>
>>26788561
You can still hover over the Pokemon to see its types
>>
File: 300px-Mat_Block.png (90 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
300px-Mat_Block.png
90 KB, 300x180
>>26788383
>>
>>26788561
Anyone have that old showdown screencap about that?
>>
>>26788383
>Switch into a grass type
Defended
>>
File: 1419840412923.png (66 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1419840412923.png
66 KB, 247x248
>>26788657
>>
>>26788592
With this change you wouldn't have to hover over the pokemon, simply looking at your move list and seeing that earthquake is not super effective will tell you it's not arceus steel. That's the problem.
>>
/vp will never understand that one day your girlfriend, nephew or even own child wil try to play pokemon for the first time and its so godamn hard to memorize 18 type and more than 730 pokemon
>>
File: retard.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>26788858
>playing with your kids
>not putting cigars out on their arms and kicking them back into their room

Jeez, what kind of parents did you have?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.