[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want more S/M news all the time because it's so exciting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1426665282052.png (43 KB, 147x148) Image search: [Google]
1426665282052.png
43 KB, 147x148
>want more S/M news all the time because it's so exciting
>but don't want the whole game to be spoiled before release
>>
File: 1441302384652.jpg (22 KB, 424x463) Image search: [Google]
1441302384652.jpg
22 KB, 424x463
I'm going to leave /vp/ until the game's release. I won't go back on Serebii and won't check the trailers. I want that sense of wonder again, anons.
Goodbye.
>>
Eh it's just pokemon the story will be so simple that spoilers won't matter
>>
>>26787026
Who cares about the story, I just don't want them to spoil over half the pokedex again like they did for XY, or every mega like they did for ORAS
>>
>>26787022
You'll be back.
>>
>>26787036
I like when that happens so I can look at the final evolutions and not get tricked like what happened to me in Gen V with the starters
>>
>>26787022
I do that before every gen. The only problem is I never know the version exclusives.
>>
>>26787022
see you tomorrow
>>
I'd be happy if they explained the gimmick behind Ash-Greninja and how it will be implemented in SM.
>>
>>26787003
>pokemon games
>spoil
AH!
>>
>>26787041
Version exclusives are an acceptable spoiler in my opinion
>>
>>26787073
I know, but I usually leave long before they release them. Like now, I'm leaving on July 1st. And I'm usually scared of looking for them right before the games come out cuz I just know I'll end up having everything spoiled.
>>
I tried this with gen 6. Went in completely blind to the region, knowing only the box legendaries.

It was OK. It was fun not knowing the type new combinations and having to figure everything out just by looking at a pokemon's design, but there were annoying parts. Knowing whether or not a pokemon evolved, finding out HOW they evolved... Imagine trying to evolve a sligoo without any help from the internet. I eventually gave up and went to look for it.

I think "recapturing the wonder" is a bit overrated, but it's certainly a fun experience to try. Good on >>26787022
>>
Now we have to go back to relying on CoroCoro
>>
>>26787022
that's what i tried with XY, and it didn't help much, the news kept popping up wherever i went
>>
>>26787036
They spoiled 70% of the Pokedex in XY because there was barely anything to show in the first place.

I was able to follow hype cycles of past generations just fine without finding out too much because the games in question had actual substance to them.
>>
>>26787115
XY had plenty of stuff to show off, more than most gens. It's just that they spent more time doing it for those games having non-stop news from January all the way to October.
>>
>>26787138
In XY's case I was talking specifically about the Pokemon.

When you only have 70 new Pokemon, of course almost all of them will be shown over the year, there isn't enough to keep a significant amount as a surprise while also having a steady amount of reveals to keep people excited. Compare it to something like Gen 3 or 5 where they had the freedom to show a lot of Pokemon but still barely scrape past the surface at large.

If we end up seeing "too many" Pokemon in SM it'll be because they have a low count again.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.