[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best Legendary duo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
Prove me wrong.

My favorite Gen is 5 and even I can admit it.
>>
File: image.png (55 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55 KB, 250x250
>>26784982
You mean trio
>>
>>26785024
>that disgusting space worm on a string
I'll pass.
>>
> My favorite Gen is 5
stopped reading there.
>>
>>26785040
That's pretty much the end of the post so you read almost all of it
>>
File: 51389401_p0.jpg (115 KB, 1146x1700) Image search: [Google]
51389401_p0.jpg
115 KB, 1146x1700
>>26785040
cool blog post :)
>>
I agree, though its mainly because they had the benefit of being the first real legendary duo. Once they got Land/Sea and Space/Time out of the way, thinking of mascot legendaries that are parallel to one another has become a bit difficult.
>>
>>26785143
Ho-Oh and Lugia were the first legendary duo (Ascension/Descension)

>Ascension/Descension
>Land/Sea
>Dimensional Space/Dimensional Time
>Truth/Ideals
>Life/Death
>Day/Night

The only difference is Ho-Oh and Lugio don't have a trio master, though many can argue that its Rayquaza is a shared Trio master for them, being Kyogre+Rayquaza control Lugia and Groudon+Rayquaza control Ho-Oh.
>>
>>26784982
>admit it
>implying your opinion is the truth
It's only better than Xerneas and Yveltal.
Land and Sea is OK, but then you have things like:
>sea and storms VS sky and rainbows(they did it better)
>time VS fucking space
>truth VS ideals
And I personally don't care for Groudon, but Kyogre is better than both Dialga and Palkia IMO.
>>
>>26785191
Your shitty Hoenn trash has no control over the majestic Johto birds.
>>
>>26785202
>sea and storms VS sky and rainbows
That's not what Ho-Oh and Lugia were about at all

>time VS fucking space
Are you one of those fags who thinks Palkia represents outer space? There is a total difference between outer space and dimensional space. Palkia represents the space of the first, second, third, fourth, etc dimensions. Learn Spacetime.

>truth VS ideals
This one is kind of cool. I love the lore and legends of Gen 5, but I honestly think Knowledge VS Secrets would've fit them just as well, if not better.

>>26785225
I didn't say I believed that shit in my post, genius. I was saying that a lot of other fags DO, though.

Also, Lugia is not a bird.
>>
>>26785241
>That's not what Ho-Oh and Lugia were about at all
They are. Lugia is all about a dark stormy, sea, whereas Ho-Oh represents a beautiful, peaceful sky.

>Are you one of those fags who thinks Palkia represents outer space?
I didn't say anything like that, maybe you should stop going off on a tangent.
>>
>>26785241
Lugia and Ho-oh dont have a trio master because they ARE trio masters.

Ho-oh created the Legendary Beasts, and Lugia is a storm-bringer just like Articuno and Zapdos (and I guess Moltres?)
>>
>>26785276
>They are. Lugia is all about a dark stormy, sea, whereas Ho-Oh represents a beautiful, peaceful sky.
Sure, those are their visual characteristics, I'll give you that. But that alone is not what they're based on. That's like saying Reshiram represents light and Zekrom represents dark, or Dialga represents diamonds and Palkia represents pearls.

Ho-Oh and Lugia are directly based on the concept of Ascension and Descension (the top of the sky and the bottom of the ocean).

>>26785310
Yes, they are trio masters, themselves, but in the common sense of Box Legendaries, they lack their own third member/trio master (ala Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem, Zygarde)

There has never really been another case where two box legends have their own specific trio (the Sinnoh lake faries were Dialga's iirc, but then what about Palkia?)
>>
>>26785333
They predate the box legendary trio master trend and the lake fairies are Arceus'.
>>
>>26785352
I don't know why we're arguing about the fact that Lugia and Ho-Oh don't have a trio master, I'm literally agreeing with you.
>>
>>26785373
LOOK MOM I POSTEDED IT AGAIN
IM TROLLING THEM
>>
>>26785367
Because you're being an obtuse cunt.
>>
>>26785391
I don't get why you're so hellbent on being an impertinent faggot, other than I said something that pissed you off. What was it? Where did I hurt your feelings?
>>
>>26785333
You do realize that Lugia = Storms and Ho-oh = clear sunny skies is incredibly crucial to their lore?

Lugia lives in an underwater cave out of guilt, because it roosted on one of the towers in Ecruteak, bringing with it a storm that destroyed the town in a blazing fire, burning three Pokemon to death before the rain could put it out.
>>
>>26785435
shhh, leave him to his idiotic head canon.
>>
Weather trio is best trio. Gen 3 had the best legendaries in general.
>>
I think we can agree that they're at least better than Dialga and Palkia
>>
>>26785435
>>26785445
Of course I fucking realize that, I've played through Gen 2 and their remakes more times than I could list. That doesn't change the fact that Ho-Oh represents the concept of ascending, and Lugia represents the concept of descending. That's the whole reason they chose those two designs in the first place. The bottom of the ocean and the peak of the sky obviously coincide with this. How is it headcanon when it's glaringly obvious? Ho-Oh is literally flying up through the sky in the G/HG title screen and Lugia is diving across the bottom of the ocean in S/SS
>>
>>26785481.

This.
Flying and diving are pretty much synonymous with ascent and descent.
>>
>>26785481
Would you like a "Proud of its power" Lucario buddy?
>>
>>26785191
Ho-Oh and Lugia ARE trio masters you fuck-tard.
>>
>>26785499
I already fucking said that you dipshit. Read the thread.

>>26785497
awww I'm sorry I keep hurting your feelings.
>>
>>26784982
You want us to prove an opinion wrong? You should have payed attention in grade school OP.
>>
>>26785521
>could just agree or disagree
>complains like a bitchy asshole instead
Clockwork, /vp/. Clockwork.
>>
Lugia and Ho-oh are so boring as legendaries. Ho-oh at least has this legendary beasts tale so thats something, Lugia has nothing.

The only reason they're so popular is because they're the first legends on the box arts and because they appeared fairy early in the anime (ho-oh in very first episode and lugia in second movie). Aside from that every other duo shits on them lore wise. We'll see about Solgaleo and Lunala but im sure they'll have something interesting about them
>>
>>26784982

you misspelled lugia and ho-oh
>>
>>26785556
Oh yeah, well can Groudon REVIVE THE DEAD?

Yeah, didn't think so.
>>
>>26785597
Can Ho-oh fuck up the weather?

Yeah i dont think so.
>>
>>26785556
In my mind the only box legends that compete with Lugia & Ho-Oh are Reshiram & Zekrom.

Those four all succeed at the task of being near mythical creatures important to the lore, history and culture of their respective legions without being retarded god Pokemon that will destroy the world like every other box legendary.
>>
ITT Johtoshitters being fucking annoying
>>
File: Dialga + Palkia_0.jpg (84 KB, 400x456) Image search: [Google]
Dialga + Palkia_0.jpg
84 KB, 400x456
>>26785333
>Reshiram is light, Zekrom is dark
Okay anon reasonable argument.

>Dialga is diamonds, Palkia is pearls
Please explain how Palkia's shoulder decorations represent pearls as much as Zekrom's skin is dark.
>>
File: best legends.png (534 KB, 569x498) Image search: [Google]
best legends.png
534 KB, 569x498
>>26784982
>Prove me wrong.
Sure. Not like it takes long.
>>
>>26786054
>IT JUST GETS EDGIER
I'll pass.
>>
>>26784982
>>26785024
>>26786020
Nice digimons.
>>
>>26786615
fuck off johto :)
>>
>>26785615
>without being retarded god Pokemon that will destroy the world like every other box legendary.
That only applies to the gen 4 legends. The gen 3 ones were never God tier or world breakers.
>>
File: XY.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
XY.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
>>26784982
Done
>>
>>26786091
>Edgier
How does your buzzword relate to their primal form ?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.