[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Perfection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: GoldenAge.png (151 KB, 599x209) Image search: [Google]
GoldenAge.png
151 KB, 599x209
I'll start.
>>
>>26784461
Golden Age starts at Platinum and ends at B2W2. Hoenn remains a fucking horrible region and DP remains a slugfest. There's a reason ORAS is such a shitty game: the source material.
>>
>>26784491
Poor Sinnovababy doesn't know how to make his own opinions yet, how cute.
>>
>Diamond and Pearl
>perfection
>when Platinum is a direct upgrade
>>
>>26784510
Platinum also removed things from Diamond and Pearl. Stop shilling your shitty durrrrrr tird bersion meme, learn how to appreciate.
>>
>>26784539
I can't think of a single thing Platinum removed

it's not a shitty meme, Platinum has a much wider variety of Pokemon as well as better gym leaders and a more interesting legendary encounter
>>
>>26784491
>Golden Age starts at Platinum and ends at B2W2.

The 'Golden Age' was absolutely RB-C. While I don't like those games as much as the new ones, that period was absolutely a more exciting time for the series. Regardless of game quality, there was substantially more hype and much less cynicism about TPC's repeated inability to meet expectations that became obvious with RS.

The 'Silver Age' would be Platinum and HGSS, with hints of it in Emerald and BW2 but not enough to justify including the awful DP or BW.
>>
>>26784581
>It's the Silver Age fag
>that horrible taste

Pokemania was not the fucking golden age, period. Get over it.
>>
>>26784491
The DS age was the best. They got much lazier in the 3DS age and anything prior to the DS age is simply worse in comparison.
>>
>>26784745
>The DS age was the best.
That's when they got lazy with gen 4 going with only the bare essentials and gimmicks to sell their games.
Gen 5 brought it back to some quality however and things have been somewhat back on track.

Gen 4 was by far the dark age of Pokemon.
>>
gen 3 sucks

DS era was great but it lasted too long, I was a bit bored of it by the time gen 5 came around
>>
>>26784461
>Emerald
>Platinum
>HGSS
>B2W2
>>
>>26787332
/thread
>>
>>26787288
I'll give you that DP was a bit barebones, but most, if not all, of the questionable decisions made in that game's development were fixed and improved in Platinum. Things like the Distortion World, fixing the E4, enriching the lore of the game come to mind. Generation 5 definitely added to the quality of the pokemon games, but it was built off of the groundwork Platinum laid for Pokemon DS games
>>
>>26784461
>3rd and 4th gen
>perfection

T. hoennbaby
>>
>>26784491
>golden age
>gen 5

Only if you're not even old enough to drink.

The real golden age was from RBY to GCS. The "silver age" was DPPt.
>>
I agree, modern > old > contemporary
>>
>>26784461
>doesn't include gen 1 or 2
>fucking starts at gen 3

Yeah no.
>>
>>26787486

Objectively correct
>>
>>26784461
Heart Gold. How is that even a question?
>>
>>26787486
Game/content age 4-5 yes

Pokemania is definitely 1-2
>>
>>26784461
Where the fuck is pokemon gold and silver?
>>
>>26784491
This
>>
>>26784461
>diamond and pearl
>Ruby and Sapphire
>Black White
L E L
E
L
>>
>>26784614
>the period when game and merchandising sales was at its highest isn't the golden age

Say what you want about how badly the GB games aged but sales don't lie.
>>
>>26784461
All I hope for is that Sun/Moon will make the series great again
>>
>>26787332
t. poorfag underaged that can't afford those games
>>
>>26784491
Have a (You) for telling the truth for once.
>>
>>
>>26784491
Gen 5 was absolute cancer, you american
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.