[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>has a beak >instead of its mouth being the beak, has a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-701Hawlucha.png (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-701Hawlucha.png
48 KB, 250x250
>has a beak
>instead of its mouth being the beak, has a separate mouth on its neck

why is this pokemons design so fucking retarded?
>>
>>26775418
It's a luchadore inspired Pokemon
>>
Something something aztec eagle warriors, something something luchador mask not an actual bird head. At least that's what its fans will tell you.

Lucario has the exact same problem and no excuse.
>>
>>26775418
it's a luchador (wrestler). The mask is part of the costume. It's hollow; that's why there is that black stuff next to his eye.
>>
>>26775418
That's its nose
>>
It's literally a mexican wrestles inspired pokemon. the mouth below the "mask" isn't too outlandish.
>>
>>26775418
>it's a "/vp/ proves they know nothing about character design" episode
>>
It's a pokemon and not a real animal
>>
>>26775431
>Lucario has the exact same problem and no excuse.

holy shit you're right, how did I not notice that
>>
>>26775418
I wish this board was less autistic.
>>
>>26775431
>At least that's what its fans will tell you.
I don't get it, why are pretending that's not a valid reason?
>>
>>26775418
You know, I fucking hated Hawlucha's design at first for this exact reason. However, it's grown on me due to the anime
>>
In today news:
- OP is a faggot
- Could OP suck a bag of dick in one minute? The answer might surprise you
- The touching story of a mental-ill child and how he became OP
>>
>>26775469
The eagle warrior reasoning is extremely flimsy since Hawlucha is so explicitly a luchador, and while the "it's a luchador" train of thought is definitely valid it feels like a very misguided aspect of the design. Real Luchadors wear masks. Hawlucha should have taken advantage of the animal it's based on and had an actually bird's beak that at first glance looks like a mask, an intersection of the animal and the fighter that make up its concept. Not literally being masked with a humanoid mouth underneath. It defeats the purpose of it being a hawk at all.
>>
>>26775540
Maybe because it's based on a luchador and not a hawk?
>>
>>26775554
It's based on both though, not just a luchador. It's name is literally a portmanteau of hawk and lucha. The design should have taken advantage of ways to integrate features of both. That's why it wearing a hawk mask with an ordinary mouth underneath feels lazy. The design should have utilized both halves of its concept and given it an actual bird head that at first glance looks like it could be a mask, not give it a literal mask.

Aside from that, it looks awful aesthetically regardless of concept.
>>
>>26775567
Wasn't its Japanese name "luchabull" or something like that? I don't think a hawk was based on its design. The eagle warrior seems to be more accurate.
>>
>>26775567
>it looks awful aesthetically
Shit taste.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.