[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In all honesty, what the fuck was GameFreak thinking when they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 21
In all honesty, what the fuck was GameFreak thinking when they green-lit these designs? One is literally a crossbreed between a Pyroar and a Metagross and the other being a rejected Tumblrtale character. Reshiram and Zekrom were better mascots than these two.
>>
>>26775298
Of course Reshiram and Zekrom are beter mascots than these two. They're the best mascots they've made thus far.
>>
The bat is just weird, as someone pointed out it wouldn't physically work in real life. The wings wouldn't bend properly because of the gold at the end. It's stuck in midair. To fly up it would have to stick its face downward where it can't see.
>>
>>26775298
>Rejected Tumblrtale character
Thought I was the only person who saw this.
>>
>>26775324
Anon its psychic the wings are decoration it can float in midair without the wings.
>>
>>26775306
>Zekrom is a vaguely saurian blob
>Reshiram holds its wings in the most retarded position imaginable
no
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-17-07h35m42s61.png (752 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-17-07h35m42s61.png
752 KB, 1280x720
>>26775324
You have more things to worry about.
>>
>>26775306
This.

Also yeah, I really, REALLY dislike Lunala. It's the first cover pokemon that I've disliked.
It's just so hideous to me.

Solgaleo isn't too bad. Not the best, but the mane looks cool from the front. Passable, if a little contrived.
>>
File: Alpheus_heterochaelis.jpg (46 KB, 359x400) Image search: [Google]
Alpheus_heterochaelis.jpg
46 KB, 359x400
>>26775401
There's a shrimp like that in nature, your argument is invalid
>>
>>26775474
But it's not floating.
>>
File: d2424.jpg (412 KB, 950x604) Image search: [Google]
d2424.jpg
412 KB, 950x604
>>26775298
I actually think sol looks pretty cool, albeit a bit unoriginal like you said.
>>
>>26775488
Yes, and you cannot use the shrimp to surf, stepping onto it might kill it. Sheesh, that's surely unrelated I guess.
>>
File: KVhmgA4.jpg (40 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
KVhmgA4.jpg
40 KB, 699x637
Reshiram and zekrom are probably the worst cover legendaries to date. Black and white kyurem arw fine. But not that shit called zekrom and reshiram. Solgaleo is probably one of the better legends designed so far.
>>
>>26775503
My point was that >>26775324 is fucking retarded for assuming real world physics applies to literally anything in the Pokemon world.
>>
>>26775298
Reshiram and Zekrom are by far the worst cover legendaries.
>>
>>26775503
Have you not noticed Clawitzer has no legs and just floats around on land with no explanation? It doesn't even have the psychic excuse.
>>
>>26775539
You now realize that every swimming pokémon "mysteriously" floats aroun, e.g. Goldeen

They are portrayed like they are swimming in water, you marvelous genius.
>>
File: Vannilish.png (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Vannilish.png
50 KB, 250x250
>>26775474
Then answer this, can't remember the last time I saw this in nature
>>
>>26775564
You should have posted a Magnemite or something.
>>
>>26775564
I see them on my roof during winter. You must live in a tropical climate
>>
>>26775324
>MUH REALISM IN A FICTIONAL GAME FOR KIDS
>>
>>26775564
Its a sentient ice stalagmite or stalagtite I cant remember which is which.
>>
>>26775525
Seriously, White Kyurem and Black Kyurem are interesting idea's but should count as Pokémon as much as the various Deoxys
>>
>>26775568
Still valid regardless
>>
>>26775574
Neither, because both terms refer to rock formations. The word you're looking for is icicle.
>>
>>26775570
You have snow cones on you rooftops? you must live in ice-cream land.
>>
>>26775574
>>26775574
"Mites crawl up, tights fall down"
Handy pnemonic device. Vanilluxe and it's line are stalactites.
>>
>>26775616
Even then, there's a difference between icicle and ice-cream cone
>>
>>26775298
Spotted the delirious gen5fag
>>
>>26775298

Literally fuck you. These are by far the best legendary mascots of any gen. Like, honestly, they're the only box pokemon post gen 1 with good designs. And now you're shitting on them? kys
>>
>>26775298
>One is literally a crossbreed between a Pyroar and a Metagross
It looks nothing like a Metagross. They share an ability and type, but their visual designs are in no way similar.
>>
File: GS7dH34bNyGg5T9fitS2dW_1080.jpg (357 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
GS7dH34bNyGg5T9fitS2dW_1080.jpg
357 KB, 1080x810
>>26775564
>>
>>26775298
I like them just fine design wise to be honest.

it's just their typings that are unfortunate.

Steel/Psychic Solgaleo is understandable because of the alchemy lore, still doesn't excuse it from just being a buffed up Metagross, or hell probably WEAKER than Mega Metagross.

Only problem I have with Lunala is the Psychic/Ghost weaknesses. I actually really like the design, but Ghost/Flying would've been so much better to avoid stacking dem weaknesses.
>>
>>26775848
Or Ghost/Fairy.
>>
>>26775839
still not seeing ice-cream cones

> Upside down trying...

Is that how we should see it???
>>
>>26775396
You what?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1080x807) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1080x807
>>26775875
>still not seeing ice-cream cones
>>
>>26775298
>its another recycled meme thread on /vp/
>>
>>26775555
Swimming pokemon aren't portrayed as floating in the anime, yet clawitzer still is
>>
>>26775888
I see Ice and snow
not ice-cream cones.
Oh we oh woe
are your brain cells on loan.
>>
File: 1403047180904.png (271 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1403047180904.png
271 KB, 624x480
>>26775306
>penis spike
>>
>>26775571
It's not about realism genius
It's about logic, but perhaps you don't understand logic?
>>
>>26775324
Realism in a game with elemental animals. You're really stupid
>>
>>26775571
>>26776114
>>26775530
How can you all be so fucking stupid to misinterpret my post? I didn't say anything about realism. Are you all the same person? I said the design is weird. Learn to read ffs
>>
>>26776070
Dude, I literally just circled the one that looks like an ice cream cone the most. The rest still look like ice cream cones but that one is the most obvious.
>>
>>26775298
Solgaleo looks too overdesigned, and Lunaluna is fucking hideous.
>>
>>26776096
>>26776135
You do realise you're talking about logic in a game that's inherently devoid of it right? If you went by any kind of logic the majority of Pokemon and regions couldn't exist.
Also god help you if you're trying to add real world logic to pokemon.
>>
>>26775401
That's just the anime being lazy, there is nothing in the games suggesting Clawitzer can float more than any other swimming pokémon.
>>
>>26776136
That's literally just a block of snow.
>>
>>26776161
>You do realise you're talking about logic in a game that's inherently devoid of it right?
Yeah, I forgot cause and effect doesn't exist in the Pokemon world. Oh wait.

Of course there is logic in the Pokemon world. Yes, I realize that's probably not actually what you were trying to say, but whatever the fuck you were trying to say, you failed.
>>
>>26776161
Missing the point
>>
>>26775298
Are you serious? Reshiram and Zekrom were only better than the Gen IV boxart legends. They're complete dogshit otheriwse. Also

>Lunala
>rejected Undertale character
It looks like a Kirby final boss. End yourself.
>>
>>26776203
>Yeah, I forgot cause and effect doesn't exist in the Pokemon world. Oh wait.
It doesn't, just look at gen 3 and 4.
Groudon's drought should have caused a downpour across the entire region and nothing happens at all after. Kyogre doesn't make sense at all.
In gen 4 space and time was distorted and yet only the space and time in the immediate vicinity was affected even though that makes no sense.

>>26776222
What point exactly?
That you're trying to force logic into pokemon where there is none?
>>
>>26776250
>It doesn't, just look at gen 3 and 4.
Oh wow. Are you clinically retarded? You actually think cause and effect doesn't exist in Pokemon?
>>
>>26776275
I literally just gave you two examples showing it doesn't, I could find more if you like.
>>
>>26775396
>don't like a design? call it a blob!
>this well-defined and detailed dragon? just a blob!
>>
>>26776295
Sure, if you want to make yourself look like more of an idiot? Go ahead.
>>
>>26776313
Question, what do you think cause and effect means?
Because I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about anymore.
>>
>>26776323
Go look it up? You could probably do with some education.
>>
>>26775381
How is that related ? Does it looks like Asriel to you or something ?
>>
>>26776332
That doesn't answer the question anon, I'm asking YOU what YOU think it means.
>>
>>26776136
Vaguely, not enough to say it is a sentient Icicle, I was not clear in my comment but I meant that Vanillish doesn't come close to a real life animal. One image on one photo that may happens to look like your ideal does not make it real.
Vanillish is not a icicle it's based on an ice-cream, it fits better along with Whisper and Jibanyan from Yo-kai Watch.
Those who say it's based on an icicle forget that it's primary base is that of an ice-cream cone, which is not, at least last time I checked, a living animal
>>
>>26776340
I know what it means. It's an abstract concept. I'm not going to type it out because it'd be a waste of time. I only thought It'd be entertaining to see

>>26776323

which is probably you, make himself look stupid. This guy is a genuine fool.
>>
>>26776350
>I was not clear in my comment but I meant that Vanillish doesn't come close to a real life animal.
>animal
Are you seriously trying to grab on to a technicality like that when you know for a fact that Pokemon don't necessarily look like animals?
Also from the very start people have been saying that it's an icicle stylized as an ice cream cone.

>Vanillish is not a icicle it's based on an ice-cream
It's literally both you idiot.
>>
>>26776370
You are missing the point, who cares if it looks like an animal? It's a shitty design whatever way you slice it. Just so you know, I am not the guy you quoted.
>>
>>26775298

>hating liger zero and kirby nightmare

I'm sorry anon, you have shit taste. It's terminal.
>>
>>26776350
>P-Pokemon have to be animals!
This is why you're a retard.
>>
>>26776365
So in other words you have no idea what cause and effect means and only want to shitpost when someone proves you wrong.

Goood to know.
>>
>>26776375
Your opinion on the design doesn't affect anything in this arguement anon.
The guy that started this asked for a representation of it in reality not specifying animals or anything, he was given it, he proceeded to deny it and move the goalposts.
>>
>>26776380
Too bad, I was hoping you'd try and explain what you think it means, so you'd make a fool of yourself. Oh well, you still outed yourself as an idiot. How do you feel?

>So in other words you have no idea what cause and effect means and only want to shitpost when someone proves you wrong.
Totally off the mark
>>
>>26776394
You're still avoiding the question anon.
At this point you're just admitting that you have no idea what it means.
>>
>>26776391
Well, can I at least make the point that Pokemon based on animals and real life instead of weird ass bats that make no logical sense, are better designs?
>>
>>26776404
Nope. It's clearly annoying you that I won't talk to you isn't it?
>>
>>26776404
Look dude, he's just shitposting at this point. Don't bother replying.
>>
>>26776429
Bro, read what he wrote. He thinks cause and effect means real life physics or some shit. He's a moron. It's funny. But maybe you are as dumb as he is?
>>
>>26776426
Not really, this is just a timesink while my 3DS charges but it's funny seeing you make a fool of yourself.
>>
>>26775626

I remember it from "Mites stand Mightily, and Tites hang Tightly"
>>
>>26776411
>based on animals and real life instead of bats

>implying bats arent real life animals
>>
>>26776437
Come on man, cause and effect is a simple concept you can sum up in a sentence.
Hell, "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" sums it up nicely. Getting punched and experiencing pain or getting a bruise is an example.

Pokemon ain't got none of this shit.
There's a cause but no effect everything just goes back to the status quo.
>>
>>26776370
The trail of comments started with a twit that said all Pokémon are based off animals. If you where smart enough to trail up the comments and see that, you'd see how utterly stupid your comment was.
Your comment was complaining on grabbing a technicality about Pokémon based on real animals, which is wrong, in my first post I asked a poster to explain Vanillish as an actual living creature, I misspoke I admit, but that's what I meant.
Also, ever since it became a Pokémon, it was always based on ice-cream, the artist comment on so himself.

> It's literally both you idiot.
I've et to be able to pack a ice-cream cone in the shape of an icicle, and I've yet to see an icicle in the shape of an ice-cream cone.
>>
>>26776411
>Pokemon
>logic
Pick one.
>>
File: Malicious_Render.jpg (412 KB, 1859x955) Image search: [Google]
Malicious_Render.jpg
412 KB, 1859x955
>>26775298

>le everything i dont like is tumblr

if anything it just looks like a kid friendly bayonetta demon
>>
>>26775298
Fuck off
>>
>>26776462
Yeah but bats can perch. This thing doesn't even have legs. It must just hover eternally. It's hands might be able to hook into something but I still imagine the wings getting in the way. It's the most impractical Pokemon I've seen, I challenge you to find one moreso
>>
>>26776467
>The trail of comments started with a twit that said all Pokémon are based off animals
He specified a shrimp not pokemon as a whole which at the time was the point of the conversation, then you said
"can't remember the last time I saw this in nature" with a picture of Vanillish.

You got just that, an example of it in nature and then proceed to deny the fact that something similar occurs in nature just because it also doubles as an ice cream cone.
You're just moving the goalposts just to suit your own argument and appear correct.

>I've et to be able to pack a ice-cream cone in the shape of an icicle
Have you ever put ice cream into a cone? Well then you've replicated an icicle.

>and I've yet to see an icicle in the shape of an ice-cream cone.
An example was literally posted in this thread.
>>
>>26776379
Yet my opinion is just as valid then yours.

So shove that cold hard ICICLE up your eagerly waiting arse.
>>
>>26776503
What in the flying fuck are you trying to say here?
>>
>>26776485
Lunala flies using its psychic powers, the wings only exist to charge its attacks.
>It's the most impractical Pokemon I've seen, I challenge you to find one moreso
Exeggutor: no hands and weak legs
>>
>>26776503
>Yet my opinion is just as valid then yours.
>your opinion
>being more valid than anything

The only way that could happen is if your opinion was something that was literally wrong like "in my opinion the sky flashes 7 different colours and that's caused by giant floating LEDs."

And guess what?
Your "opinion" falls into that kind of shit.
>>
>>26776463
>Getting punched and experiencing pain or getting a bruise is an example.
>Pokemon ain't got none of this shit.

Well, I think we are done. I mean really? I'd like to think this is a troll, because I know on any other day, you could be still somewhere on this board. It's disturbing to think that I might come across you again sometime unknowingly, and take a post you made seriously.
>>
>>26775298
>>26775306
>Reshiram and Zekrom
>good

They narrowly beat out some of the really shitty legendaries like the Genies but they're pretty fucking awful, dude.

At the very least even if you don't like the designs you can say Solgaleo and Lunala are good representations of the sun/moon. Reshiram and Zekrom are made even worse by having to represent stupid abstract horseshit that could be interpreted in a thousand different ways.
>>
>>26776538
So what the fuck do you think cause and effect means you retard?
>>
>>26776528
>Exeggutor: no hands and weak legs
I disagree, this bat thing is more bizarre than Exeggutor in my eyes. See a pattern here though? They are both shit designs in my eyes.
>>
>>26776489
Guy gave a decent example of a living creature in reality that has a larger claw and a smaller claw, I then opposed him with a creature based on an inanimate (or rather food-stuff) object because he was sure that all Pokémon are based on real animals.
Can't help that you think I'm changing the rule to suit myself.
>>
>>26776528
>Lunala flies using its psychic powers, the wings only exist to charge its attacks.
Somewhat salvaged by this. I still think it's just strange though. I mean it has no legs. So it just floats eternally lol unless it can hook into something
>>
>>26776572
>Because he was sure that all Pokémon are based on real animals.
Literally no one said anything like that. He said there are shrimp like that in nature in response to the Clauncher posted, nothing about every Pokemon being an animal. Just Clauncher.

Jesus Christ, why is this thread attracting more retards than usual?
>>
>>26776532
Your comment is so confusion you've confused yourself.
Stay on topic faggot.
>>
>>26776592
>Jesus Christ, why is this thread attracting more retards than usual?
Idk, I noticed it myself though.
>>
>>26776583
>So it just floats eternally lol unless it can hook into something
A lot of Psychic and Ghost pokemon do that
>>
>>26776543
Zekrom is the best, suck my balls faggot
>>
>>26776609
>muh edgy dragon of darkness XD
>nothing personnel kid

Underage detected
>>
File: lunala_by_cyann_leska-da6hczw[1].png (547 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
lunala_by_cyann_leska-da6hczw[1].png
547 KB, 1024x1024
>>26776606
Gastly is literal gas and stuff like Musharna, they look like balloons and shit. The fact this thing has wings and is based on a bat makes it look like something that would "fly"

It is just weird, no avoiding it. Maybe it will look better once it's ingame.

Imagine if the wings were behind rather than in front. Suddenly it looks a lot more practical.
>>
>>26776592
The start the comment was that the bat doesn't make realistic sense, the guy then bought up Clauncher as a excuse which then was giving an actual animal to prove it's existence.
Vanillish was used to prove that realism doesn't make sense in Pokémon so why is a bat-thingy so fucking impossible.
Then people started on how Vanillish actually exists in real life like trying to prove the existence of fucking big-foot, so the reply was
"Ice-creams are not sentient".
Then other fags got on the bandwagon to say.
"Oh but Pokémon aren't based off of real animals".

You guys missed the first comments of the post, don't try to but in when you know not the fuck what you are talking about.
Unless of course your the original poster of the start in which case my comment was
"Don't complain about realism when you have sentient ice-cream cones"
>>
>>26776641
>Darkness
>Zekrom
Did you even play a single Gen 5 game?
>>
>>26776656
I see now, you've interpenetrated it wrong.
Read it again anon.

No one said anything about every Pokemon being based off of a real life animal.
>>
>>26776641
Zekrom isn't edgy at all. Its literary a cyborg dragon.
>>
Check this out
It does fly with the wings

And doesn't it look ridiculous?
>>
>>26776674
God damn auto correct,
Interpreted
>>
>>26776543
There's literally nothing wrong with zekrom.
>>
>>26776135
I mean you're the one that thinks an electric rat is ok but a bat with gilded wings is suddenly too unreal for it to exist. Sure sure
>>
>>26776680
No one said it couldn't use the wings to fly.
That said it only seems to use it with quick movements and such seeing as before that it's only floating there.

And no, it doesn't look ridiculous considering this is Pokemon. If it were something like Uncharted you'd have a point.
>>
>>26776680
Not more ridiculous than Salamence or Dragonite, who are Flying type, while Lunala is not
>>
>>26776727
It's way more ridiculous than those actually.
>>
>>26776674
Yeah, I know, I correct myself in another line in this thread, you know that if you looked.
I said I written a comment wrong and apologized just not in the same line you obviously followed.
I never meant every Pokémon, I just said that not every Pokémon was based off of real things.
The underlying meaning I was trying to get to was;
Don't crab about realism when there isn't any.

Sorry if my, admittedly, staunch reluctants to view Vanillish as anything but a random import for no other reason then 'heh, ice-cream cone, awesome'.
>>
>>26776761
You're doing it again anon.
You're moving away from the actual point just to make yourself sound correct.
>>
>>26776543
This. Zekrom is alright, but the concept of the legends and the execution are the worst. Tao Trio is garbage, and if you think otherwise you're either 12 or JustinRPG.
>>
File: ridiculous shit.png (8 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
ridiculous shit.png
8 KB, 120x120
>>26776757
Not really
>>
>>26776761
The less realistic a design is, the worse it is.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>26776787
Do you know what the concept is?
Did you pay attention to the execution?
>>
>>26776787
Please elaborate.
>>
>>26776503
>can't come up with an actual argument
>lol I'm right and you're wrong xDD
Wow, you're more of a retard than I thought.
>>
>>26776757
Lunaala can actually get some lift from it's wings anon, Dragonite shouldn't be able to fly in the slightest.
Same goes for Moltres and the Doduo line.
>>
>>26776795
Persian
Seel
Ponyta
All extremely uninspired pokemon with just one thing that separates them from the animals.
Those being a jewel, fire and a horn. That's it.
>>
>>26776543
He's talking about the designs not the lore. Visually Reshiram and Zekrom have better designs than gen 6 and 7 cover mon.
>>
>>26776797
The concept was yin-yang with the balance between truth and ideals. The problem is, the legendaries don't even seem to represent that in their designs or in the story. Palkia represents space and it is shown in the game as it goes to recreate the universe. Xerneas represents life and it is shown in game to be the power source for an immortality-granting machine.

Reshiram and Zekrom... fight for your beliefs? What? Literally any Pokemon can do that, and it's essentially been the plot of the game for a long time. Not to mention that the two look like plastic dragons designed by a twelve year old, and more or less amount to "giant laser shooting dragon" than anything, since their useless concept gives them nothing unique or interesting.
>>
>>26775298
>One is literally a crossbreed between a Pyroar and a Metagross
I'll never understand this beyond the typing
>>
>>26776784
How, my original post was against the guy crabbing that the bat-thing in the new games was designed in a way that made it look unrealistic, someone gave him a Clauncher which he actually gave an example of a living 'animal' while I gave Vanillish in challenge, and if it was him who gave me the ice wall with the circle area that looked vaguely like Vanillsh, it still doesn't answer how ice or snow can be sentient. Therefore he can't complain about the lack of realism in the bat Pokémon.
Any argument after that was solely in response to other questioning my comment in a way it was not meant to be taken
>>
>>26776845
Ponyta is fine.
Persian and Seel? Uninspired yes, but I'd still take uninspired over this. You can make it "just a bat" it wouldn't be worse than this.
>>
>>26776890
Ponyta is just a horse on fire.
And uninspired is significantly worse than Lunaala because uninspired pokemon are barely Pokemon.
>>
>>26776860
>Not to mention that the two look like plastic dragons designed by a twelve year old
I could say the same shit about literally every gen 1 design.
>>
>>26775298
If Theres one thing that was better in the old Pokémon games compared to the actual ones were the legendaries. After gen 3 everything looks like a mess.

My tip is to not give a shit about any legend and just box them
>>
File: 1128063062[1].jpg (18 KB, 724x540) Image search: [Google]
1128063062[1].jpg
18 KB, 724x540
>>26776906
You're entitled to your opinion. I however, would rather take the uninspired design if the alternative is this. Imagine pic related. It's better than Lunala to me.
>>
>>26776795
Vanillish, Trabbish, Klefki, Rotom all realistic, all badly designed
>>
>>26776860
Here we go.
>Palkia represents space and it is shown in the game as it goes to recreate the universe.
The problem there is that not only does Palkia's design and type not represent space but that same effect was caused by Dialga who governs time and also doesn't resemble it's concept which is time. If they didn't say it no one would know what they would represent at all.

>Xerneas represents life and it is shown in game to be the power source for an immortality-granting machine.
Same deal here, in fact it's first use in the past wasn't even powered by Xerneas but by regular pokemon and Yveltal was also used to power it in Y.

Reshiram and Zekrom represents their concepts both in the coloration and the fact that they're both Fire and Electric respectively representing different sources of energy.

As for the story it was about truth and ideals being one and the same and equals. After all N's truths weren't actually true.
As for the story,
>>
>>26776805
I don't need to stand up for my opinion, just like you feel the need to insult people to feel big about yourself.
Just remember, you replied first cockeweasel
>>
>>26776958
Why do you even play pokemon if you only want to capture plain old animals?
Just go outside or something.

The whole point of Pokemon is seeing and capturing things that you couldn't in reality.
And yes, if that were in Pokemon it would be much worse than Lunaala.
>>
File: FqUINcB[1].jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
FqUINcB[1].jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>
>>26776958
You want a zubat?
>>
>>26777019
Because plain old animals are still better than Lunala

Anyway capturing and battling plain old animals WOULD be awesome. Imagine battling lions vs tigers and shit.
>>
>>26775306
>>26775298
>>26775440
>Zekrom
>Reshiram
>Good

They're still objectively the worst legendary designs. Get better taste.
>>
>>26777035
>Anyway capturing and battling plain old animals WOULD be awesome.
Now you're just being contrarian.
>>
>>26777055
They aren't worse than gen 6.5s
>>
>>26777055
Actually, they are objectively the best.
I'm sorry you are wrong dude, but I'm sure you will get over it.
>>
>>26777055
>he hasn't seen the God trio
>he hasn't seen Ho-oh and Lugia
>>
>>26777058
Nope you're just being too dumb to realize your opinion isn't the only one. Anyway you know Lunala sucks deep down, or you have shit taste, whatever.
>>
>>26777067
>Ho-oh and Lugia
bait
>>
>>26777069
Nah I'm pretty sure you're just being contrarian because no one plays Pokemon to see plain old animals.
You know that no one would even touch such a game.
>>
>>26777032
I don't want it, but if the alternative is Lunala. Even if it was literally a zubat on the box I would take it.
>>
>>26777055
>he hasn't seen the Swords of Justice
>>
>>26777075
Not bait at all my friend, their concepts are hazy at best and people still mistake Lugia's type as well as those ugly hand wings.
They're shit.
>>
>>26777078
You know the concept of Pokemon comes from insect fighting right? And it's big in Japan. You are wrong buddy.
>>
>>26777101
Okay so point to the part where each and every pokemon is just a plain old insect.
>>
>>26777101
You know that Pokemon aren't just insects right? And it's big in Japan. You are wrong buddy.
>>
>>26776135
>I didn't say anything about realism
>as someone pointed out it wouldn't physically work in real life
>>
>>26776485
What about fucking zubat? How does it perch? Honestly, there are a shit ton of flying Pokemon that wouldn't be able to fly or perch in real life. Lunaala is a fucking deity-tier psychic type legendary. It's anatomy doesn't need to make sense. Lugia's wings don't make sense. Kaiju mon with tails like tyranitar would be dragging them around which defeats the purpose of a tail. Dragonite and charizard would need way bigger wings to support themselves in flight AND have to drag their tails on land. This is nothing new
>>
>>26777101
>You know the concept of Pokemon comes from insect fighting right? And it's big in Japan. You are wrong buddy.
Which just kind of proves people wouldn't play Pokemon if they were just plain old animals. I mean, if it were just insect fighting it wouldn't have picked up like it did because you can literally do it in real life in japan.
>>
>>26777146
We've already covered that this thread is attracting more than the usual /vp/ retards.
>>
>>26777127
Those two things aren't connected. They sound similar but they aren't. Think about it a bit more.
>>
>>26777146
I don't fucking care about zubat because it makes no sense either.
>>
>>26777157
You can't just say you care about realism in one post and then denounce it in another regardless of if they're connected or not. It's just plain hypocrisy at that point.
>>
>>26777167
Then what the fuck are you arguing about?
You're saying Lunaala is weird because of something that's common in the Pokemon games.

Nothing you're saying makes any sense at all.
>>
>>26777171
I don't give a fuck about realism I don't know who you think you are talking about.
>>
>>26777167
Zubat was gen 1. Why act entitled to Pokemon designs that make anatomical sense when they literally never have.
>>
>>26777185
Now you're just denouncing your post entirely.
Just stop posting anon.
>>
>>26777190
Who cares what gen it is from? Anyway it is better than Lunala still.
>>
>>26777201
>It's better than Lunaala because I said it is!
>Lunaala is bad because it does exactly what Pokemon have done in the 20 years it's been around"
You're not even trying to make sense anymore are you.
>>
>>26777197
No you just don't understand. Not going to argue it because I don't care. Take it how you want. You're misinterpreting what I was saying.
>>
>>26776375
>"I don't like the concept so it's a bad design"
>>
>>26777223
I understand completely, you're just getting anal ravaged because your argument is flawed.
>>
>>26776958
What a basic ass mind you have
>>
>>26777234
Butthurt much? Like I said, take it how you want. You clearly are going to take it badly. Not really my concern. Might want to stop posting if you are getting upset though.
>>
>>26777218
I thought it was just self evident that it's a dumb design. I mean your taste is seriously shit if you actually like this thing.

>>26777245
Shit taste also.
>>
>>26777253
>literally taking the NO U approach when someone calls you butthurt
That is hilariously pathetic anon.
>>
>>26777201
How? Zubat is way less magical than lunala and thus less far removed from a real animal. Did you just decide after 7 generations of cartoon monsters that the legendary deities need to be anatomically correct? How the fuck was yveltal supposed to fly last gen? Reshirams wings make sense to you? Palkia has no feature that would help it fly, isn't psychic type, and wouldn't be very aquadynamic either. Kyogre has fucking stiff arms and ribbons for a tail fluke, how does it swim? Lugia apparently can swim and fly somehow, when it doesn't look like it can do either. What the fuck even is Zapdos doing? All of this is fine though. Lunala is too much. Come to think of it, how does the moon fly?
>no wings at all
>no psychic powers
Unrealistic reality BTFO
>>
>>26777035
Impossible Creatures exists anon
>>
>>26777265
You think so but you're just wrong. Funny, yet sad.
>>
>>26775298
we are all mad about Lion Solrock's typing but lets not go overboard here
>>
>>26777269
I have no idea who you are arguing against but just so you know, I'm the guy you quoted and I don't give a shit.
>>
>>26777280
Dude you literally said "Butthurt much?" In response to "You're getting anal ravaged" knowing full well that it's one of the common ways of saying butthurt here.

Either you're new here or you just don't want to accept you're acting like a child.
>>
>>26777309
Butthurt much?
>>
>>26776860
I'd say Dialga and Palkia look more like plastic figures than any other box legends. They look like they can't even walk.
>>
>>26777315
See what I mean?
>>
>>26777289
How is zubat arbitrarily better than lunala despite both being completely impractical as real animals when lunala is the one with the excuse of being a deity based on a celestial object floating in space?
>>
>>26777322
You're getting anal ravaged. Hows that for clever insult
>>
>>26775298
Worst legends ever fuck Sun legend weak to fire and Moon legend weak to ghost and dark fuck GF fuck them
>>
>>26777315
>>26777334
>replying just to get the last word in after being BTFO's this hard
He's right you are pathetic.
>>
>>26777329
> excuse of being a deity based on a celestial object floating in space
thats not an excuse thats literally why
>>
>>26777342
>He
>>
>>26777345
You could say literally why to just about anything in this series you idiot.
The point is that it has an actual reason and Zubat doesn't, yet you're claiming Zubat is better because it lacks a reason.
>>
>>26777363
Hmm.. nah. It's still shit. Zubat can fly in a practical manner which is more than I can say for this overdesigned thing
>>
>>26777353
>not knowing that everyone is a man on the internet until tits are provided
What are you new here too?
>>
>>26777345
Right. So you understand how it flies then. Why do its wings need to be practical? Why does it need to be able to perch? You won't find a colony of lunala roosting in a cave. Why does lunala' impractical wings and lack of feet make it trash tier unbelievable, but zubat is fine for some reason.
>>
>>26777375
>Zubat can fly in a practical manner
You mean without eyes and relying totally on sonar which would fuck him over in everywhere but a cave?
Totally practical over a deity who can fly not only with wings but through psychic powers.
>>
>>26777380
Zubat has no legs? Man what a problem. Meanwhile I can't even picture what Lunala is made of. It's like a sheet with a metal skeleton, it's probably so heavy it'd just fall over if it was real. If they make it into a figure you'll have to prop it up to stop it falling over all the time.
>>
>>26777375
Reread this >>26777269
Anon literally picked on legendary from each generation that couldn't function in real life. Just accept that you're a faggot and move on
>>
>>26777400
Bats can fly outside, go study nature
>>
>>26777416
I don't give a fuck if it functions in real life or not.
Are you the same idiot you quoted?
>>
>>26777426
>I don't give a fuck if it functions in real life or not.
That is literally the crux of your argument against Lunaala.
>>
>>26777420
Bats also aren't 100% blind you retard, on that note they also have noses another thing Zubat lacks.
Zubat would be a sitting duck if it ever came out of a cave and if it ever exhausted itself.
>>
>>26777410
Zubat would have to fly literally forever until it dies. Way to arbitrarily decide what lunala is made of, it's a magical creature with psychic powers though. Probably doesn't matter too much. Lugia seems to be getting along just fine
>>
>>26777434
Your inability to type its name properly gives you away
>>
>>26777446
So bats are better than a zubat, nice. I love the relevant comparisons you are making here.
>>
>>26777471
>comparing a pokemon based on a bat to a real bat is irrelevant
>following the course of the discussion is irrelevant
What the fuck is happening in this thread?
>>
>>26777451
What a pathetic way to try to deflect his argument.
He used the japanese name, that we used here for months before knowing the english one. But of course an underage newfag like you couldn't know that. You have been proven wrong, just accept it
>>
>>26777426
>implying
>>26777410
>>26777375
>>26777035
>>26775324
Fucking Kek
>>
File: SaberLeomon_b.jpg (60 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
SaberLeomon_b.jpg
60 KB, 320x320
looks like Digimon to me.
>>
>>26777501
I wasn't even arguing against him, you are probably him and you are mad about something.
>>
>>26777512
>Nope! I'm certainly not him :^)
>This argument I was a part of? Nah, I had nothing to do with it!
>>
>>26777523
I am the person you quoted, but I don't know what you are talking about. I don't care if it's realistic or not.
>>
>>26777512
>wasn't arguing with him
>replied to be petty instead of addressing that anons argument
Do you not know what deflecting is? And no, I'm not>>26777434 or >>26777501
>>
>>26777559
I don't need to address it because it wasn't even true. I wasn't even arguing.
>>
>>26777559
He barely knows he was in an argument let alone the fact the was deflecting.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 427x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 427x548
>>26777533
>implying
>>26775324
>>
>>26777581
But he was. That is literally deflecting you simpleton. You replied to correct his spelling because you didn't have dick to say about his actual post, which was calling you out for being hypocritical, inconsistent, and/or just fucking unintelligent
>>
>>26777640
Yes, it was a low blow. However, so what? As for his earlier argument, well he(you) are running in circles trying to prove something to do with realism I never asserted in the first place. Too much blood rushing to your head?
>>
>>26777658
>thinking he's me
Also see >>26777597

Look, we get it, you're mad because you were being an idiot and someone called you on it. Now just fuck off because you're just making yourself look more and more retarded with each post
>>
>>26777658
>implying
>>26777597
>>
>>26777672
Okay, sure. You can have your point because frankly, I never wanted to refute it in the first place. You seem to think it matters. I sure don't. I'm retarded though, sure. You can't even follow the conversation properly.
>>
>>26777696
I don't want to hear anything about not being able to follow a conversation from someone who's denying he was part of an argument he himself started.
>>
>>26777696
>he can't even remember what he was arguing about anymore
>trying this hard to save face
>>
>>26777714
I remember perfectly fine. I would say I won. But then I wasn't really arguing. You defeated yourself.
>>
>>26777696
>I'm retarded
We are all happy you agree
>>
File: 1465589988386.png (70 KB, 530x606) Image search: [Google]
1465589988386.png
70 KB, 530x606
>>26775298
>the other being a rejected Tumblrtale character
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 500x285
>>26777727
>>
>>26777727
Oh man, are you that guy from Showdown?
The one that just let the timer run out just so he could say he didn't lose?
>>
>>26777734
see
>>26777640
>>
>>26777778
I don't know what you are talking about. I'm willing to talk, but you can't just peddle irrelevant arguments and claim they relate to me. That's not gonna fly. Though, it'd probably mean running in circles again so I hesitate. I think I'll leave you here.
>>
>>26777841
Explain this then
>>26777597
>>
>>26777841
Dude, you totally are, you even have the tone down to a T.
>>
>>26777776
>>26777778

>so close
>>
>>26777101
>You know the concept of Pokemon comes from insect fighting right?

No it doesn't, it comes from Satoshi Tajiri's bug collecting hobby.

No fighting has ever been mentioned, please find a source with a direct quote. Next.
>>
File: bait.png (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
5 KB, 224x225
OP here, thanks for all the keks
>>
>>26779351
WHY DO YOU DO THIS? WHY DO YOU FILL THIS BOARD WITH BAIT?
>>
>>26779351
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.