[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Megas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Don't get me wrong,I like Mega evolutions. I didn't at first, but when I did it for the first time, it just felt great. But can someone honestly justify these things:

>Two different -ites for Charizard. Mewtwo was fine because it was a singular entity, Charizard is a Starter line Pokémon, meaning it's part of a trio. The other two did not get two megas, and neither did the gen 3 starters. So why did Charizard, when Mewtwo already accomplished the whole "oooh version exclusives!" thing.
>Same thing for Beedrill. Why not Beedrill AND Butterfree? And if it's because Butterfree sucks, then why did an equally unused Pokémon get a Mega? I'm fine with Beedrill having a Mega because I like it, but why not do it as a pair?
>Why, just why, why did ABOMASNOW get a Mega? Same for Slowbro. Why not give it to Slowking, the better of the two?
>Why are some arts so shitty? Why does Kanghaskhan just get the baby out? Why does Gyarados just gain 100 pounds? Why does Manectric just get a terrible hairdo? Aerodactyl only got some spikes, but seriously, it at least doesn't look like complete shit
>This is the least angry of the questions, but what made them decide Lopunny and Audio get Megas? Okay, Lopunny has a cultwaifu following, so sure, but why not something else? I just feel like Lopunny and Audino were done 'just cuz' and that bothers me. I would rather have either 2 less Megas or 7 more justifiable ones than those two specifically.

Also, I kept Abomasnow separate from Lopunny and Audino for a reason. Abomasnow was part of the implementation of Megas, it was one of the Pokémon in the first group to ever get Megas. So why choose a late game Pokémon from DPPt?

>inb4 salt
I'm just using Megas for the first time this week and I'm actually enjoying them. I just feel like some choices made with them were bad.
>>
Because Charizard is a fan favorite, that's literally the only reason why it got two megas
>>
Lopunny got a Mega because all of its dex entries treated it as a Fighting type with good Attack, and yet it was not. M-Lopunny should have been a regular evolution.
>>
>>26774009
Abomasnow probably got a mega because of the story in X&Y. There's an abomasnow in a cave and one in a town, and both are important in a minor capacity.

This is my assumption at least. If they put them in the story just to have mega abomasnow then there's no fucking reason for there to be a mega abomasnow.
>>
>>26774009
I figured they choose Megas based first on popularity, then on whichever they've figured out design improvements for, then for whoever most needs the boost.

I'm holding out for a full toku-themed Mega Ledian. Beedrill gave me hope.
>>
>>26774009
slowbro is really good dude and its mega is beast they just wanted to throw curveballs in competitive desu
>>
Im convinced that they just draw names from a hat and give those mons Megas. It seems like eventually most mons will have Megas anyway.

Also Charizard has two Megas because Gamefreak loves pandering.
>>
File: opinion.png (792 KB, 768x908) Image search: [Google]
opinion.png
792 KB, 768x908
>>26774009
>>
>>26776287
Charifag here.
>>
>>26776287
the opinions gets nothing personal.
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236 KB, 336x418) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236 KB, 336x418
>>26774009
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.