[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>friendly rival
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1464985601607.jpg (16 KB, 357x379) Image search: [Google]
1464985601607.jpg
16 KB, 357x379
>friendly rival
>>
>>26774002
>what is Blue
>>
Hau will be the worst champion yet. It's no coincidence that our pale blonde champion and pale blonde rival were the best rivals.
>>
LITERALLY ONE of your rivals wasn't friendly. Just ONE. In the entire god damn series.

Stop this meme.
>>
>>26774211
>what is ???
>what is blue/green
>>
File: i feel happy.png (30 KB, 247x200) Image search: [Google]
i feel happy.png
30 KB, 247x200
>>26774002
I usually say dumb frogposter but that has got to be the cutest Pepe I've ever seen. Look at those smol hands.
>>
>>26774218
???/Silver is the one. He was a dick.

But Blue/Green/Gary? He was a helpful, friendly rival who pushed you to be better and enjoyed racing you through the region.

Actually play a Kanto game again and don't project anime Gary onto him. He was a friendly rival. He laughs it off when you beat him. He was just enjoying the ride.

Take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>26774002
I agree, because its redundant a rival its friend you compete with, if he's not friendly he's your enemy
>>
>>26774249
rival and enemy aren't necessarily synonymous
>>
games should have two modes

in one the rival is the nicest guy you'll ever meet

in the other: twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>26774006
A color stupid
>>
>>26774236
>Blue
>Helpful, friendly rival

>Talks down to you about being greedy, brags about how whatever starter he chooses will be better
>Literally pushes you out of the way to snatch what would have been your Eevee in Yellow
>Attributes your victories over him as "luck"
>Talks shit about how you've probably been struggling most of the game
>Has no concern about your clash with Team Rocket, laughs about it slowing you down
>Says he doesn't like admitting that you beat him fair and square for the League Championship

He wasn't a complete asshole, but he wasn't exactly a completely friendly rival.
>>
Dear Game Freak.

Give us a selfish rival for once. A rival that is the Pokémon equivalent to any rich bitch stereotype in western animation would be welcomed as the player's rival.

The rich bitch's parent would be tied with the main villain team and would blackmail the Professor to cater to her needs by threatening to cut off his funding.

The rich bitch rival should be like as if Gary and Silver's bold attitudes were both turned Up to Eleven, gets on the player's nerves constantly, would own a ton of rare Pokémon, all purchased by her daddy, and over time, you learn more about her. In the end, her ace Pokémon would be one she catches for herself, and is her Mega/Synchro candidate.

It would be immensely satisfying to 1-up an obnoxious stereotype by yourself in-game, and will inspire everyone to be the very best once again.
>>
>>26775134
Lillie could have been this
>>
>>26775152
THIS, a thousand times.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.