[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else here play pokemon as a kid to cope with loneliness ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 601x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 601x648
Did anyone else here play pokemon as a kid to cope with loneliness ?
>>
>>26773010
No. We're all chads here you nerd faggot.
>>
>>26773010
That's why I play now
>>
>>26773010
That's sad

>>26773055
You're sad
>>
>>26773010
>as a kid
>>
>>26773010
Is it wrong that I want the window to fall and break his hands?
>>
>>26773099
It wouldn't break his hand. It might shatter his wrists with enough force.
>>
>>26773157
Look at how depressed he looks, though. He objectively wants them to be broken.
>>
>>26773010
I played it because I'm an Autistic fuck, hell my school even tested me and shit.
>>
>>26773055
this
>>
I grew up on a ranch so there weren't any kids around my house besides my brother and occasional visits from my cousins. I had friends at school but they're parents didn't want to drive from the city to my house.
So yes, I used to it to cope with loneliness and my parents divorce.
>>
>>26773010

I had no idea what loneliness was as a kid. I had 3 brothers and 1 sister who never left me alone and saved over all my files even though they had their own.

I'd say you were lucky one until we got older. Now we are all good bros who look out for each other.
>>
>>26773010
Tough to say.
Played alone most of the time.
Friends were super into the games back in the day. Gen two rolled around and they fell off the wagon. Kept playing. Collected handhelds so easily traded between games when necessary.

Playing the games I didnt feel lonely but was almost entirely friendless by middle school. In the end the games were always there when friends weren't.

Dont know if im sad about it or not
>>
>>26773010

I play Pokémon for Escapism.

That's, why. I enjoy Pokémon lore.
so much.
>>
I play pokemon to escape the temptation of giving in for drugs and alcohol, no matter how shitty I feel.
>>
>>26773304
Are you also an addict?
>>
I play pokemon to escape the harsh realties of life.

I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for my trusted digital partners.
>>
>>26773094

This
>>
>>26773180
>objectively
Why is that word thrown around so much here? Do you faggots even know what it means?
>>
>>26773528
Objectively, yes
>>
>>26773528
>being objectively triggered by a word.

How good was it? Kek
>>
Until this gen it only made it more obvious, what with the trade evos being locked out for me.
>>
>>26773528
Objectively is the new literally.
>>
>>26773607
Literally, objectively the truth of this statement is on fleek
>>
>>26773010
Yes, I was the weird kid with gameboy who spend the break alone. And still play to this day to cope with loneliness. Watch anime for the same reason. Really like how most animes I watch have motival opening/ending songs that gives me hope and makes me willing to fight more.
>>
>>26773607
Objectively
Subjective
Inherently
Literally
>>
No, I was pretty autistic as a kid. Like I remember times that I avoided going to a friend's house just so I could stay home and play games. Nowadays I'd kill for some friends and I get bored of games easily. Funny that.
>>
File: Smug_c79fbb_5762907.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Smug_c79fbb_5762907.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
>he didn't have friends to trade with
How does it feel being beta, nerds
>>
Aren't all solo games for this reason? As a kid I played tons of pokemon, animal crossing, spyro and JRPGs because my parents were utter shit and I had no friends due to being a girl who was into boy things and said parents banned boys. Now I've always played them because they were fun but there's definitely that lonely coping aspect of them. I'll say I've learned to enjoy them more as years passed.
>>
>>26773010
I play Pokemon more as an autism vent.
Plus I learned to draw (well) 2 years ago with Pokemon and I have improved since I started.
>>
>>26773010
I started playing as a kid during the pokemania, so not really
Everyone at school was obsessed with it, it was awesome

It did help me with loneliness in my early teenage years though (during the 3rd generation)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.