[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, I'm going through most of my Pokemon games and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 18cwdp12hkwovjpg.jpg (83 KB, 636x637) Image search: [Google]
18cwdp12hkwovjpg.jpg
83 KB, 636x637
Hey /v/, I'm going through most of my Pokemon games and replaying them. Trying to decide whether to replay Gen 3 or go straight to Gen 4.

I'll be replaying OR either way, and while Emerald is much better, the lack of physical/special split is kind of a turn off, and Firered just feels kind of stale nowadays.

What do you think /vp?? Feel free to recommend team members if you want.
>>
>>26769174
*/vp/
>>
emerald is one of the best pokemon games, you're out of your mind if you skip it just because of physical/special split which doesn't even matter much in single player

if anything skip platinum which doesn't get good till the post game

don't bother with OR
>>
>>26769283
Ignore what this faggot said, Platinum is by far the best game.
That said, don't skip Emerald either.
>>
>>26769174
Skip both
>>
>>26769308
platinum is REALLY FUCKING GOOD....once you get to the post game and if you ever experienced the online metagame

the main game is bland as shit mainly because of the shitty region
>>
>>26769329
just stop

i really dislike gen 3 because of water routes but if you like them play it
>>
>>26769363
the water routes are far less of an issue than the fucking...everything in sinnoh's main game

coronet, slow down mud/snow, HM retardation keep me from replaying gen 4
>>
>>26769174
>lack of physical/special split
Explain how this is a bad thing. After that explain how FRLG is not GOAT and flawless. I'll be waiting.
>>
>>26769384
I think you're the first person on this board to call FRLG goat
>>
>>26769174
>Disliking hyper beam slaking
>>
By the way, will the GBA games eventually stop saving the same way Gen I and II games did?
>>
>>26770391
No, saves are safe, the internal battery only runs the clock in RSE
>>
>>26769329
The region isn't bad other than the fact that it's aboslutely infested with pointless HMs, the main story is just slow
>>
>>26773025
to me, the areas are VERY generic with bland rock designs

the two areas in the main game that differ (not the post game stuff) are the marshes and snow BUT those are ruined by the stupid walk/run slow down in the enviornments
>>
File: 1466133686576.gif (2 MB, 311x411) Image search: [Google]
1466133686576.gif
2 MB, 311x411
>>26769174
>the lack of physical/special split is kind of a turn off
Why?
>>
>>26769283
>it's the year 2016
>Hoennshitters STILL exist
Just neck yourself.
>>
>>26773065
started with blue in 1999, gen 3 and 5 are my favorites

get fucked fag
>>
>routes are claustrophobic with how many trainers there are
>that retarded new double battle system where two unrelated trainers can challenge you
>completely butchering the climax by having Rayquaza do all the work
>worst Champion
>annoying phone system
>can't do contests at all until Lilycove

While I did enjoy the increased gym leader difficulty, and the Battle Frontier, I've never understood why people enjoy Emerald more than classic Ruby or Sapphire.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.