[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: essentials.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
essentials.png
1 B, 486x500
Le epic meme edition.

Notable ROM hacks: pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Essentials:
Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/ (better for ROM hacks)
http://reliccastle.com/forums/ (better foir Essentials games)

ToTT: What are you having trouble with on your project?
>>
File: bullcrap.png (107 KB, 835x719) Image search: [Google]
bullcrap.png
107 KB, 835x719
I need help with this, for some odd reason I keep getting syntax errors for the few last lines, and I see no problem with it.

I was trying to write code for more pixilate-like abilities, which is nowhere near the bottom.

What do?
>>
File: bullcrap.png (101 KB, 835x719) Image search: [Google]
bullcrap.png
101 KB, 835x719
>>26768761
Here's the section I was writing code in.
>>
File: 1364633205115.png (26 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1364633205115.png
26 KB, 320x287
>>26768683
>What are you having trouble with on your project?

No motivation. I can't code and I need to do things that require coding and I'm unable to do them, so I've just been doing music covers, but now I'm doing a really hard cover that I haven't gotten to work at all and that's also demotivating me.
>>
What do you think of using portrait artwork before battle instead of sprites?
>>
>>26769336

Are you using essentials or hacking?
>>
>>26769626
Hacking.
>>
>>26769336
Alright, so tell me if this is good or if it's a clusterfuck, I have never gotten "ambient" music like this right before but I want to do good this time and overcome that hurdle.

https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/battlefactorywipwav

This is the least clusterfucky part of the song too, shit gets WEIRD later on, so I thought I'd stop here to do a WIP, if this is too shitty then I can't hope to do the rest of the song right, but if this is good I'll keep going.
>>
>>26772992
Holy shit, I love the echos. That's fantastic so far, anon, it sounds like the real thing. Factory's theme is my fave and you did it justice so far.
>>
File: trees.png (125 KB, 390x807) Image search: [Google]
trees.png
125 KB, 390x807
Working on trees and then some.

Having trouble figuring out: How to make a pokemon's happiness affect crit chance and have little message pop up in battle similar to amie's friendship messages.
>>
>>26772992
Damn, you went and done did it.
This is so beautiful, I sincerely wish this theme was around for the chiptune era.
>>
>>26768793
I see two things wrong with your code.
First, you're missing an end statement before the second pbModifyType method. This is what's causing the syntax error.
Second, you've defined the pbModifyType method twice. This will override the method, and only the code in the second method will be used.

In addition to that, it looks like Pixilate wasn't even programmed correctly in Essentials in the first place. Pixilate should only change the type of normal-type moves, but instead it was changing the type of all moves like Normalize does.
To fix it, replace the pbModifyType method with this:

def pbModifyType(type,attacker,opponent)
if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:NORMALIZE)
type=getConst(PBTypes,:NORMAL) || 0
elsif type==getConst(PBTypes,:NORMAL)
if attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:AERILATE)
type=getConst(PBTypes,:FLYING) || 0
@powerboost=true
elsif attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:REFRIGERATE)
type=getConst(PBTypes,:ICE) || 0
@powerboost=true
elsif attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:PIXILATE)
type=getConst(PBTypes,:FAIRY) || 0
@powerboost=true
end
end
return type
end

You should be able to add your own abilities to this method by adding branches to the if statement.
>>
>>26773748
indenting is a bit messed up sorry.
>>
>>26773147
In the file PokeBattle_Move
There's a method called pbIsCritical that determines if a move is critical or not.
Somewhere after the line "c=0" add a line like c+=1 if attacker.happiness>=200

For the battle message, find the method pbEffectMessages. In the part where it's reporting the critical hit, you'll just want to add an elsif branch before that, check the pokemon's happiness, and send a different message.
Something like this:

elsif attacker.happiness>=200
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is so in sync with {2}'s wishes that it landed a critical hit!",attacker.pbThis,$Trainer.name))
>>
"is that the sun?" bump
>>
Bamp
>>
>>26768683

I hope, we'll able to hack Pokémon Sun and Moon map and etc.
>>
What's the best way to learn the basics of coding while working on a hack?
>>
>>26776948
What platform is this on?
As a general rule, studying the language, following in-depth tutorials on programming certain things in the project, and then making custom changes here or there based on what you know or through trial and error can get you pretty fluent on and kind of coding you need to do.
>>
I'm in the middle of a Black 2 randomizer run and I completely forgot to turn off impossible evolutions option.

Can I change it again or will it fuck up everything?
>>
>>26773907
Thank you blessed one.
>>
File: willow.png (36 KB, 555x589) Image search: [Google]
willow.png
36 KB, 555x589
is this an acceptable looking willow tree? this is my third try making it.
>>
>>26777921
Yeah, you can change it again just dont randomize anything.
>>
>>26778961
I think the "vines" are a little too close to the ground. If you use it in a map at 1x size then it might give some more insight into whether it looks good or not.
>>
Bump.

>>26773031
>>26773258
I'm glad people find it promising, I'll make sure to finish it.
>>
>>26768683
Thoughts on Red++?
>>
>>26783038
It seems pretty good, I'm going to wait until Beta 3 before I play it for myself but Mateo has a good track record and it seems everything added to v2.3 is bug-free.
>>
File: Battle_Factory_E.png (9 KB, 299x257) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Factory_E.png
9 KB, 299x257
Alright, Battle Factory is up. I feel the latter half of the song is a trainwreck but it's just such an odd composition that I really don't think there's any way to make it work.

https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/battle-factory-gbc-8-bit
http://pastebin.com/0hihGkJp
>>
File: das_it_mane.jpg (8 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
das_it_mane.jpg
8 KB, 194x260
>>26784097
Nope, this is better than I imagined it would be.
Thanks for taking my request.

Would you like me to rescore something?
>>
>>26784345
I'm glad you like it! I had to reupload the song to add a small part I missed, the only part to change is the section at 0:53.

And I'm good, though I appreciate the offer. Just covering things and people enjoying the covers is eough for me.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.