[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes a Pokemon a Pokemon? What is the distinctive biological
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: seizuremon.png (26 KB, 548x376) Image search: [Google]
seizuremon.png
26 KB, 548x376
What makes a Pokemon a Pokemon? What is the distinctive biological indicator of a Pokemon? What genetically seperates it from any other being?
>>
>>26767748

I cannot answer that question.
>>
It can use Crabhammer.
>>
File: Mew_Pokédex_entry_(1).png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Mew_Pokédex_entry_(1).png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26768032
>>
>>26768073

Fake and internet troll.
>>
>>26768095
i am the real richard here
>>
>>26767748
You know, I've wondered that exact thing.
I think the distinction in the pokeverse is literally if it isn't human, it's a pokemon. But the question of what exactly makes humans different remains.
>>
>>26768103

I would never go against the Pokédex.

By saying Mew can't learn every move.
>>
>>26768107
Humans are pokemon as of gen 6.
>>
File: Kadabra_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (7 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Kadabra_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
7 KB, 240x160
>>26768155

Human been since the beginning.
>>
File: yamask_pokédex_entry_(2).png (36 KB, 261x196) Image search: [Google]
yamask_pokédex_entry_(2).png
36 KB, 261x196
>>26768155

Human have been Pokémon since, before that.
>>
>>26767748
Anything that's not an unmoving plant, inanimate object or a microscopic entity is considered a Pokémon. Animals canonically don't exist in the Pokémon world.
>>
>>26768170
>January 22nd, 2005, on a cold night
>Little Cameron drags his feet into his room, tired after a long day
>His mom comes into his room after he has lied down in bed, and kisses him on the forehead.
>"Sleep tight, Camerino. I'll see you in the morning, I'll make some pudding and waffles."
>Cameron smiles at his mom, using his psychic powers to see if she's telling the truth.
>She is
>Fuck yeah
>That night, Cameron goes to sleep and dreams about whatever the fuck seventh graders dream about.
>He wakes up, it's a Sunday.
>He stretches, gets out of bed, feeling a little bit strange. The underneath of his nose is ticklish and his abdomen feels girthy.
>"Oh well, let's get some pudding." he thinks to himself
>>
>>26768401
>Cameron walks into his kitchen, his mom is in the other room.
>Looks over at the table
>Pudding detected
>Cameron walks over to the table, not sitting down, and picks up the spoon for his pudding.
>He begins shoving the chocolate delight into his mouth hole.
>Fuck yes
>Suddenly, he hears the sound of a click behind him.
>He turns around, and his dad is in front of his mom across the room, pointing a pistol (a glock, to be specific) at Cameron.
>"Dad! Dad it's me!" Cameron tries to scream out, but instead all he hears is "Ka! Kadabra!"
>Cameron is confused, and his parents are visibly frightened.
>"Get out of my house right now or else I'll shoot! We don't take kindly to psychic-types around here!"
>Cameron looks around and sees it
>In the reflection of the sliding glass door stands a kadabra. It doesn't take a psychic to understand that Cameron has become this pokemon!
>Kadaberon looks around, terrified.
>"Kadabra!" he screams, and teleports away, back to the pokemon center in Viridian City, about 10 miles away from his house.
>Cameron escapes the bustling crowd forming around him, and teleports himself around randomly until he gets the hang of it enough to make it home.
>He sits outside of his house, listening to his family crying to an Officer Jenny about how their dear Cameron was kidnapped by a Kadabra.
>Solemnly, and with a single tear, Cameron walks away, not sure where he's going.

>Legend has it that Cameron the Kadabra still wanders around Kanto, searching for a way to turn himself back into his old form. He keeps beside him his trusty spoon, the one that he accidentally stole after teleporting away and eating his pudding.
>They say that if you leave pudding and waffles by your doorstep at night with a note that says "Here you go, Camerino", he might come by at night and eat them.
>>
>>26767748
>>26768107
>>26768398

Can it breathe fire, shoot lightning, spontaneously generate massive amounts of toxic substances, or spontaneously transform into a goddamn sea serpent with enough TLC?

>Yes
It's a Pokemon.

>No
It's something else.
>>
>>26768455
Caterpie and other similar shitmons are unable to do any of that shit. They're just overgrown caterpillars.
>>
>>26768479
They generate massive amounts of string sufficient to weigh down whales.
>>
Whether or not it can learn Moves.

Watch, Kukui will mention this. That the defining aspect between people and Pokemon is that they can learn moves and we cannot.
>>
File: wtf_man.jpg (8 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
wtf_man.jpg
8 KB, 200x196
>>26768401
>>26768413
>>
>>26768491
nice reaching famalam
>>
>>26768492
Wouldn't that mean Zycore is not actually a Pokémon?
>>
>>26768479
Caterpie glows bright as fuck to turn into a cocoon and then a giant ass butterfly that can put people to sleep and assault them with psychic attacks.
>>
>>26768535
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Electroweb_(move)
>>
>>26768546
For now, probably. But if it can learn moves in SM? It's a Pokemon.
>>
>>26768653
I think they would have shown it in battle if that was the case.
>>
>>26767748
I believe it just refers to any non-human animal that is in the Pokemon world.

If anything, the classification "animal" can likely be swapped with the term "pokemon". In which case humans are considered Pokemon. It's just that in common dialogue, saying the word "animal/pokemon" usually means the exclusion of humans -- but humans are just as included in that classification as any other.
>>
>>26768401

Oh, I see.
>>
>>26768398

Animals exist in Pokémon Earth.

Real World Butterflies can be seen flying around in Pokémon X and Y during Pokémon Battles.
>>
>>26768546
Yes. The core and/or cell discription mentions that it is unclear if they should be categorized as Pokemon or not.

I recall Masuda actually mentioning Pokemon being able to learn 4 moves as one of the big differences between Pokemon and people when asked if humans would be considered a from of Pokemon, like we're animals in real life. I believe it's the same interview that asked about the Mew-Ditto theory, what would happen if a human ate a Rare Candy, if the Pokemon world was supposed to be Earth, and some ther random shit.
>>
>>26767748
If i fapped to it then it's a pokemon
>>
>>26767748
whether or not it fits in a ball
>>
File: mewler.png (2 KB, 156x66) Image search: [Google]
mewler.png
2 KB, 156x66
>>26768032
>>26768073
>>26768095
>>
>>26767748
It has complex brain processes to the point where it can use moves. Zygarde Cells aren't Pokemon, for example, while even robots like Porygon and Regirock have at least the mental capacity and free will to use their own moves and disobey trainers without enough badges.
>>
>>26768413
Kafka pls
>>
>>26771620

Mew.
>>
>>26768833
Maybe pokemon and animals are just considered one and the same? It could be that all of the animals that didn't evolve laser beams and toxic skin were out-competed by the ones that did.
>>
>>26771620
DELETE
H
I
S
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.