[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good romhacks worth playing? I've been out of Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Talonflame_used_Brave_Bird.gif (1024 KB, 304x335) Image search: [Google]
Talonflame_used_Brave_Bird.gif
1024 KB, 304x335
Any good romhacks worth playing? I've been out of Pokemon since ORAS' release.
>>
>>26767335
Yes.

Is there anything specific you're looking for?
>>
>>26767380
I liked Drayano's BW / BW2 / HGSS hacks, and Yet Another Fire Red Hack. That's all I remember playing and enjoying.
>>
Red++
ANY of the popular Gen 2 hacks outside off TPP cancer
Emerald Omega
Another Fire Red Hack
Flawless Platinum
Any of the HGSS hacks
BlazeBlack series
XY and ORAS hacks
>>
>>26767594
>ANY of the popular Gen 2 hacks outside off TPP cancer

Do you have any reason for disliking TPP Crystal besides the people who made it? I think it's one of the best vanilla GSC hacks out there, but if you actually played it and dislike it for reasons other than it having TPP in the name I'm interested in hearing it.
>>
>>26767594
>>26767616
What's special about TPP Crystal?

And what are some good XY/ORAS rom hacks out there?
>>
>>26767616
Exactly that reason, and I have my doubts if it can stand up to other Gen 2 hacks.

>>26767626
Eternal X and Wilting Y are great. The normal mode is pretty easy, I would recommend playing the harder patch if you're fine with legendaries on enemy teams. Haven't gotten to ORAS hacks yet, but there's supposed be one that is a mixture between two hacks that's supposed to be good.
>>
File: TPP Crystal Anniversary_26.png (6 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
TPP Crystal Anniversary_26.png
6 KB, 160x144
>>26767626
TPP Annivesary Crystal is a Crystal hack with all 251 Pokémon in it, a ton of QoL features, and a rehauled Kanto that you start in, though you go to Johto before getting all the badges. It has Running Shoes, infinite TMs, the physical/special split and Fairy-type (and the other Gen VI battle changes like Electric-types being immune to para, Fire-types being immune to burn, etc.), Voltorb Flip, Gen 1 layouts for areas like Viridian Forest and Mt. Moon, new layouts for areas like the Seafoam Islands and Power Plant, new dungeons altogether like original areas for Moltres and Mew, Gym Leader rematches and extra sidequests, bonus bosses, it took me like a month to play through everything and catch 'em all.

It gets a lot of hate because it was made as a hack specifically for Twitch Plays Pokémon though, and it has a few references to TPP like being able to fight a few past teams, e.g. Mt. Silver's Red fight is replaced with a fight against the team TPP used for Anniversary Red (Anniversary Red is a Gen 1 ROMhack made for the same reason as Crystal, but AR isn't a very good hack, I don't recommend it, it's really grindy and doesn't have nearly as many QoL features). Even if you can't stand TPP like pretty much everyone the game's great despite that.

As to Gen VI hacks, there's Eternal X and Wilting Y, and there are three different ORAS hacks that don't have an objective "winner." Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire is a more vanilla hack that doesn't fuck with Pokémon stats and is the hardest of the three, Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire (made by the guy who made Sacred Gold and BlazeBlack 1/2) does fuck with Pokémon stats and is the easiest of the three, and Meme Sapphire mixes the Pokémon changes from Sinking with the harder enemy teams from Star. Pick whichever appeals to you the most.

>>26767700
I really recommend giving it a shot, I hate what TPP turned into but the hack is well done, and the references only appear toward the end of the game.
>>
>>26767789
Oh, forgot to mention the music, it has some good new music, like custom Legendary themes and the HGSS arranges for towns like Cerulean and Route 24. Good custom music is one of my favorite things to see in Gen 1 and Gen 2 hacks.

https://pigu-a.bandcamp.com/track/ho-oh-battle
>>
>>26767789
There's some stuff I haven't seen before. Sounds really interesting, how's the difficulty compared to? Is that all it has related to TPP, because that doesnt sound as bad as I expected it to be.
>>
>>26767789
It feels good knowing I'm leaving TPP on a good note. I just can't do it anymore after 2 "seasons"

PBR 2.0 is too fast, the point of it was just talking and hearing fun, not actually making progress
>>
>>26767335
Any gen 4 rom hacks that will make DPPt better? (not HGSS, already played SGSS).
>>
>>26767894
You need very little TPP stuff to know about it, although some Kanto side quest postgame stuff is related to it. Not too bad level curve you get up to high 70's by Elite 4 iirc
>>
>>26767894
Yeah, off the top of my head everything related to TPP is:

>fight against the original TPP Red team
>Viridian City's Trainer House has the original TPP Crystal team
>fight against Vietnamese Crystal's team (I didn't even know they played Vietnamese Crystal but apparently they did)
>fight against AR's team as mentioned

And a couple dumb references like the Goldenrod Comm Center having an NPC who says her Sentret is afraid of the PC, which probably wouldn't even be noticeable unless you played with TPP before.

>how's the difficulty compared to?

It's higher than the original, the E4 end in the high 70s, though there's also more content before you get to the E4 due to the Kanto section at teh start of the game. I think when you fight Blue it hits Level 100, and all the rematches and special NPCs from that point on are at Level 100, so it does hike up toward the end, but you also have a ton of Legendaries you can catch by then.

>>26767934
I've never played any DPPt hacks, but off the top of my head I know there's Origin Platinum and Flawless Platinum. Not sure about the quality of either.
>>
>>26768001
The Vietnamese crystal game came from a PBR automatic betting machine and it was played in democracy one move at a time. It was pretty great
>>
>>26768078
* I meant to say it was played one move at a time during intermission like once every 5-10 minutes
>>
>>26767789
>Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire (made by the guy who made Sacred Gold and BlazeBlack 1/2)
Oh bby

Is it THAT easy? I remember Blaze Black being fairly hard until the Flying gym, then it got manageable.
>>
>>26767934
Flawless Platinum. If you hate the vanilla games difficulty then use the Challenge patch. It's a basic challenge, but it has one great moment exclusive to it's patch.
>>
>>26768129
Well both of them are harder than vanilla ORAS, but I just mean Rutile/Star is a lot harder than Rising/Sinking, like Delta Episode NPCs have teams of Level 100s with competitive-tier movesets.

>check TPP out of curiosity to see PBR 2.0
>they ALREADY started another game

For fuck's sake guys just let it die
>>
Vega
>>
>>26768200
I remember playing that one. It was really fucking, fucking hard. So hard to the point it was lame at some points because of all the grinding. A fairer version (not easy, just less crazy) would probably be better overall.

>>26768184
So which one is the most high quality hack between the two?
>>
>>26768168
Do you have a rom prepatched? Can u put it into a mediafire download? Im trying to patch it but my computers fucking around.
>>
Any hacks of RSE (preferably Emerald) that allow you to catch all Pokemon from Gens I through III? A friend of mine stopped after Gen II and I'd like to introduce him to new Pokemon one step at a time.
>>
>>26768559
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1991/
>>
>>26767590
Drayano made a hack for ORAS. Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire
>>
>>26767894
>>26768001
Additionally, it has some sort of python script you can (optionally) run with the game in order to put the AI on steroids.
>>
What's the difference between Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire? Anything notable except the legendary battle?
>>
>>26768941
They should be exactly the same besides that and the Magma/Aqua plot, yes.
>>
>>26768559
They're a dime a dozen. Emerald Omega, Sigma Emerald, Expert Emerald, Theta, too many to count.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.