[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys should be able to solve this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: problem.jpg (3 MB, 2979x2117) Image search: [Google]
problem.jpg
3 MB, 2979x2117
You guys should be able to solve this.
>>
File: 738967.gif (89 KB, 336x418) Image search: [Google]
738967.gif
89 KB, 336x418
>>26766369
Easy. Here's my solution (with a spoiler, so I don't ruin the thread for everyone else)
>>
>>26766638
Dude, you need to stop with your autism.
You've been forcing this meme for too long.
>>
>>26766369
Joe isn't my friend
>>
>>26766369
>you've already drawn the last card from your draw pile
Gust of Wind, Venusaur to the active slot, use Energy Removal and Super Energy Removal (discarding Psyduck's needless energy) to get rid of all the grass energy on Pinsir and Scyther. Venusuar is now active with two grass energy and an unmovable double-colorless energy on Pinsir. Use Mr. Fuji on your Hitmonchan so you can keep drawing cards. Retreat Scyther to Ditto and attach an energy from your hand. Evolve Psyduck into Golduck. Use Solarbeam.

Problem is Venusaur can retreat to Weedle and auto-kill Ditto, so I'm not quite there, but I am close.
>>
>>26766369
>you've already drawn the last card from your draw pile
>you can't win this turn
Isn't that a loss?
>>
>>26766870
>mr fuji
>>
>>26766888
Oh
>>
>>26766369
Flash tits and Joe throws the match. Easy.
>>
>>26766844
Then you make it so venusaur can't retreat.

Use the super energy removal on it.
>>
>>26766702
Mr. Fuji on Hitmonchan
Evolve Psyduck
Water energy on Golduck
Play Psyduck
Super Energy removal on Ditto and Pinsir
Energy Removal on Venusaur
Gust of Wind on his Scythe to Pinsir
Hyper Beam on Pinsir
With only one energy remaining he'll have to put it on Pinsir just to retreat it, but then have nothing to attack with, then I just stall for 2-3 turns.

Been a long time since I played the TCG, genuinely curious about how fucked my strategy is.
>>
>>26766993
Completely forgot about hyper beam.
>>
>>26766993
Shit, I can't use Hyper Beam, so switch Energy removal from Venusaur to Pinsir, then outcome should be the same.
>>
>>26766993
Psyduck needs 3 energies to use hyper beam
>>
>>26767020
Venusaur can energy trans its 2 grass to pinsir and then it can attack
>>
>>26767037
>>26767020
Just looked up Venusaurs ability, it's a lot better than I initially remembered.

So save Gust of Wind for next turn then use it to switch to Venusaur, put another energy on Golduck, then use Hyper Beam, so and he won't be able to attack.

Again I've probably fucked up somehow.
>>
>three energy for a 30 bp move
powercreep was too real
>>
>>26766993
Golduck requires 3 energy to use Hyper Beam. With your strategy, it'd only have 2 water energy and would be KO'ed by Pinsir's Guillotine next turn
I'd say play the other Psyduck and retreat Scyther into the new Psyduck. Gust of Wind on Venusaur.After the Energy Removals, Venusaur won't be able to attack and if it retreats opponent would be left without enough grass energies for anything. That'll give you enough time to stall, evolve the new Psyduck and give it enough energies to use Hyper Beam if your Opponent hasn't lost yet
>>
>>26767103
Fuck, he can just put his two energy on Scyther then, I give up.
>>
Turn to page 144.
>>
>>26767118
The only problem with this is that you only have four turns to stall
>>
>>26767339
Opponent has only 2 cards in his deck. 4 turns is more than enough
>>
>Mr. Fuji on Dito
>Super Energy Removal Pinsir's Grass
>Energy Removal Scyther
>Gust Venusaur
>Evolve Golduck
>Retreat into Golduck
>Attach water to Golduck

Now your opponent needs the two cards in his deck to be a Gust of Wind and a Grass energy, if either is his prize or he has lost. If he has both he can only play one a turn. If he gets his gust he can't attack and if he gets his energy he can't kill your golduck. Your next turn attach again to your golduck and hyperbeam, now he can't retreat his venusaur and attack, you win.

If he retreats his venusaur, before you can hyper beam, into the weedle, the only thing that can attack you, you switch into your Hitmonchan and OHKO it.
>>
First lets try to analize the scenario
1 - weedle have 40 hp and Joe have only 1 prize card
2 - Hitmonchan special punch BP is 40 (the same value of weedle HP)
3 - scyther doesn't have a retreat cost...
4 - I can try to stall my enemy, but with veneasaur ability and the possible cards in joe deck makes this risky becauseEI have 3 prizes and all of my pokemon have only 10 hpbecause of damange counter

Knowing this, I think my last move is:
1 - gust of wind joe's scyhter to weedle
2 - switch my own scyther to hitmochan
3 - special KO punch that weedle

... if this doesn't work, please someone post page 144
>>
File: censoredsolution.jpg (1 MB, 1531x2111) Image search: [Google]
censoredsolution.jpg
1 MB, 1531x2111
I'll post the uncensored version when someone gets close enough to the answer to warrant it.

Or when I get tired of waiting, I dunno.
>>
set Joe on fire
>>
Unzip your dick
>>
>>26767708
I'm pretty sure this works anon

>>26767434
>>
>>26768169

>>26767434 (Me)

I realize now that he can energy trans back to the bench to block my hyper beam discarding his energy.

I did figure it out, however

>Retreat Scyther into Ditto
>Remove 3 Grass energy form play (Two form Pinsir one from Scyther)
>Gust Venusaur.
>Use your Energy Trans to more your grass on to Psyduck
>Evolve and attach to Golduck
>Mr. Fuji Ditto
>Hyper Beam Venusaur

You opponent can no longer attack and since he's on the draw decks out before you.
>>
>>26768169
1. You didn't specify what energy from your own pokemon to discard when using the super energy removal
2. Joe could draw a grass energy, pay the retreat cost to put Scyther on the field, choose not to play the one grass energy he has, and end his turn. When your turn comes, you would be unable to do enough damage to kill Scyther, and using Hyper Beam wouldn't result in any energy being discarded. Joe's turn comes up again. He draws a gust of wind. He uses it to put your Hitmonchan on the field. He pays the free retreat cost to put Weedle on the field and attaches the grass energy to it.

You lose to a Weedle.
>>
File: solution.jpg (1 MB, 1531x2111) Image search: [Google]
solution.jpg
1 MB, 1531x2111
>>26768503
YOU IDIOT. YOU ALMOST HAD IT, BUT YOU FUCKED UP AT THE LAST SECOND.

DITTO HAS AN ENERGY RETREAT COST, SO YOU WOULD ONLY PUT ONE CARD INTO YOUR DECK BY USING MR. FUJI ON IT. HE'D STILL BE ABLE TO FORCE YOU TO LOSE BY STALLING OUT YOUR DECK.
>>
I didn't retreat ditto, I Mr Fugi it from the active so I put it and the DCE back in my deck
>>
>>26768779
READ THE CARD, YOU FUCKING MORON.
>>
>>26768796
ah bench. I just assumed it was like Cassius.

But that means that he could win no matter what.

>He energy tans his last energy on the board back to his bench to block hyper beam.
>Draws a grass and his Gust
>Gust Ditto to active and switch to weedle forcing Ditto into a 40 HP pokemon
>Ditto is KO'd and he takes his last prize
>>
>>26768913
YOU JUST KEEP DIGGING YOUR GRAVE DEEPER, YOU FOOL!

YOU ALREADY ENSURED IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO ATTACK, BECAUSE HE CAN'T GET ENOUGH ENERGY FOR VENUSAUR TO ATTACK, AND WON'T HAVE ENOUGH FOR WEEDLE TO ATTACK AFTER PAYING VENUSAUR'S RETREAT COST.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS PAY DITTO'S RETREAT COST TO PUT GOLDUCK ON THE FIELD AND MR. FUJI HITMONCHAN, THE ENERGY CARDS ON HITMONCHAN ARE ENOUGH TO ENSURE YOU WILL WIN THROUGH A DECK STALL.
>>
>>26768989
Ditto's ability make it a copy of the defending pokemon. HP included. It has 40 damage already so if both it and the 40 HP Weedle are active it dies.

There is no need to attack. He just needs to pay Venusuars retreat and gust Ditto.

Your article it crap. It might have assumed that Ditto's ability isn't auto, but it is, and there is no 100% chance to win.
>>
Welp, I concede.
>>
>>26769086
Please tell me how you think he's drawing two cards with an empty hand
>>
>>26769543
The hand is where the cards go after you draw them, you ignoramus.
>>
>>26768732
>Retreating twice in one turn
They probably should have looked up how to play the game before writing an article on it.
>>
>>26770282
This puzzle was written back in the days when you could actually do that.
>>
>>26770282
there was no restriction in retreating originally. I can't remember when it was introduced but it may not have been until Ruby/Sapphire when Nintendo took over the game from Wizards.
>>
This was fun, got any more of these?

I seem to remember this exact one from my childhood or at least one that had Venusaur.
>>
>>26767505
The player in the puzzle still has 3 prize cards, and you draw from your own prizes when you knock out a pokemon.
What this means is, you'd have to find a way to stall until you kill 3 of the opponent's pokemon (or all of the pokemon they have on the field), while also preventing them from knocking out any of your own. (since they have 1 left, they win as soon as they knock out a single pokemon)
>>
>>26766369
>Turn One
Play: Psyduck
Super Energy Removal: Venusaur
Energy Removal: Scyther
Gust of Wind: make Venusaur active
Fighting Energy: Hitmonchan
Mr. Fuji: Hitmonchan
Retreat: make Psyduck (the one you just played) active

Turn Two
Evolve: Psyduck to Golduck

...and just stall from there. Even if your opponent can draw their last Grass energy, the only Pokemon they could use to attack is Weedle. You'll have five cards left in your deck, while they'll only have two. There's no way for Weedle to knock out Golduck before then.
>>
>>26768732
But then the opponent can retreat Venusaur to Weedle and Gust Ditto in, and win.
>>
>>26772965
Venusaur moves the two grass energy from Pinsir to itself, switches Venusaur out for Weedle. He drew a gust of wind, but holds on to it.

Next turn comes, you can't do anything to stop the Weedle. He draws a grass energy, puts it on the Weedle, uses the saved gust of wind to bring out your Ditto, does 10 damage, and you lose.
>>
File: image.png (22 KB, 235x193) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22 KB, 235x193
Summon exodia.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.