[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What, in your opinion, would make sun and moon the best games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 600x400
What, in your opinion, would make sun and moon the best games of the franchise?
>>
>>26765587
Rich and long-lasting postgame, possibly being able to travel to an old region as well.
>>
Sex with pokemon
>>
>>26765656
the only correct choice
>>
>>26765587

Nothing will ever make these games the best.
>>
>>26765587
>better story than BW
>more immersive graphical and musical atmosphere than HGSS
>all the small tweaks that were perfect in B2W2
>>
>>26766802
>Even if they were made to my exact specifications they would be bad because new things are just bad.
>>
>>26766818
This.
>>
Breast sliders with a high top end
>>
>>26765587
Platinum-tier in game trainer teams.
That's all that matters to me.
>>
>>26765587
Cameos from old characters would be neat.
>>
>>26765587
Second region, hopefully Kalos. Also great music
>>
postgame
fun
>>
>>26765587
good music and cool Pokemon
>>
>>26765587
Battle Frontier AND Pokemon World Tournament
>>
>>26766849
Looker!
>>
>>26766849
A 31 years old Red?
>>
A tournament before facing the Elite Four. I don't like the feeling of there being no other trainers facing the league besides you and maybe your rival.
>>
>>26766943
Is Victory Road not enough?
>>
>>26765587
It already failed by the new pokemon designs, the XY artstyle and the bad 3DS 3D over sprites alone.
>>
>>26767001
Nope, only a handful of trainers.
>>
Better question why are you going to get sun and moon? You know deep down its going to be shit. And you'll eat that shit up and suck game freaks dick for 69 hours while saying how much it sucks anyway.
>>
>>26767054
>>26766822
>>
>>26765656
This
>>
>>26765587
you dying in a fire
>>
>>26767068
You manchildren have such an emotional investment in pokemon. It's very sad, the hype matters more to you than the quality of the games.
>>
>>26767054
I have a sky3ds, I was never able to finish alpha sapphire it was so bad and I barely completed my runs of gen 5 and 6. I'll try it out but I don't expect much, the quality just isn't there and the games are so slow they aren't worth my time. At least emulators can fast forward and I can do a quick play though in a day or two if I get a pokemon itch.
>>
>>26765587
I really want a change of shiny colours; get rid of lots of inverted colours (toxic green, for example) and replace them with something a little less blinding.
>>
>>26765587
Adding another region in the post game
>>
>>26765656
I feel like I'm the only non-tumblr person on /vp/ these days
>>
>>26767086
>Calling others manchildren on a vietnamese pet-owners forum
>>
>>26766934
A 31 year old May?
>>
>>26765587
Option for "Challenge Mode" from the start of the game.
>>
Gym Leader Castle = All Regions Edition
Everyone gets a Mega or Synchro
>>
No new megas, a solid post-game.
A few sensible retcons that make previous gen pokemon more useful.
Some kind of challenge mode.
The ability to designate your friend as a "rival" so it saves your team after beating each gym and you can battle them when they've beat the gym too.
>>
>>26765587
Difficulty settings, a post-game with either the BF or the PWT (preferably both), alongside a post-game quest (like Episode Delta, but harder like a post-game quest should be) Also 90% of the evolution lines in the pokedex should be available before the 7th badge is obtained.
>>
Solid post game (Battle Frontier, rematches w/ Gym Leaders, etc.) with downloadable story events like the Delta Episode. They don't have to be related to legendary Pokemon (although knowing GF they would be), and they could totally explore the lore and history of Alola.
>>
>>26766943

Routine tournaments held every week (like every Friday through Sunday) that takes the current teams of people that you find through through passerby (or the pokemon that is first in the party). Pokemon are scaled to be around your party's level
>>
>Good music
>Cool route, city, and gym designs
>Not shitty Pokémon designs (mixed bag so far)
>Bring back Amie, Soaring, Super Training, DexNav
>More involved, mature story
>Sinister, non-retarded evil team
>>
>>26768679
>No new megas, a solid post-game.
>A few sensible retcons that make previous gen pokemon more useful.

am i the only one seeing the irony
>>
Only to abandon their stupid gym quest.
>>
>>26768953
>He doesn't want to be the very best like no one ever was
MODS
>>
>>26765587
>Massive Post-game
>Challenge mode for those who want a tough game
>IV reader
>Safari Zone with no step limitation
>Following pokemon
>Pokenav
>Poketch with apps
>Tougher gym leaders and E4
>Competent antagonists
>Good plot
>Stunning visuals
>Glorious music
>Regional pokedex chock full of new pokemon with minimal previously known pokemon (i.e. Hoenn)
>Secret Bases
>Maintain current TM system
>No rock smash HM or whirlpool HM
>Trick House
>S.S. Anne type ship to battle on
>Minimal catering to gen-(insert number here) fans
>More minigames
>Contests
>Trainer fan club
>Massive dungeons
>Minimal hand-holding
>No lucario in regional dex
>>
>>26768925
MEGAS
ARE
NOT
SENSIBLE

>>26769066
pretty good yeah
>>
>>26765587
Adding Kalos.
>>
File: 1444621269929.png (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444621269929.png
34 KB, 640x640
>>26765587
Some replayability value, definitely. That can be achieved in several flavors. For that, it's vital that the game has two or three save files.

1. A New Game Plus which keeps your Pokemon from the previous playthrough in a set of boxes.
All Gym Leaders will approach you with a full team of 6 fully evolved, level 100 Pokemon (and douche strategies now that we're on it). Road trainers will approach you with Pokemon in level 80 or more; and items like Mega Stones and legendaries obtainable only in New Game Plus.

2. Optional sidequests to earn nice items. Some sidequests render others impossible to do, so you'll have to beat the game at least twice to discover all the secrets.

3. Make your starter Pokemon choice to impact the gameplay deeply. A quick way to do that (I figure) is blocking different routes after a hub in early game (after the first city, let's say) using HM obstacles. Each one of your starters will be able to learn only one of those HM moves, forcing you to choose a different route if you choose a different starter.

For example, imagine that Rowlet can learn cut, Litten can learn Strength and Popplio can learn Surf; and no early game Pokemon can learn those moves.
After the hub, you have three options: a route blocked by a pond (only accessible by using Surf with Popplio), a route blocked by a little tree (only accessible by using Cut with Rowlet) and a route blocked by a boulder (only accessible by using Strength with Litten)
>>
A good multiplayer-focused postgame. Battle frontier was a fun experiment, now lets do more with it.

Also a hard/challenge mode.
>>
>>26765587
Slightly nonlinear level design (even if it's just the ability to do 3 gyms in any order), Pokemon distribution that doesn't overwhelm you like XY but doesn't grow stagnant for the first half of the game like BW, a plot that captures the tension and climax of BW's, all the little nuances and tweaks of BW2 (if GF doesn't include habitat feature for dex this gen they are actually retarded, but aside form that I'm fairly confident that since they've already created the XY engine and tweaked it for ORAS, this will be the most polished Pokemon game for the 3DS yet)
>>
>>26766934
Red is not canon
>>
File: 1465690411974.png (50 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1465690411974.png
50 KB, 360x360
>>26765619
this

>>26767086
>calling others manchildren on an obscure imageboard about a vietnamese children's game
>>
>>26765587
Double battles need to be more prominent in the game.
Single battles offer zero challenge, double battles at least give you room to strategize and feel like you can do more than play rock paper scissors.
The GC games weren't particularly challenging, but the pitiful selection of pokemon in those games is partially to blame for that, and even still my team composition felt far more crucial there than it's ever felt in-game, where my infallible strategy of "just powerlevel your starter" overcomes nearly the whole game.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1600x1066
>>>>People saying HURR GO TO ANOTHER REGION

You guys realize the only reason Kanto was in GSC was because Johto was a garbage and small region right?
>>
>>26768920

Team galactic already exists
>>
New battle modes like battle royal tha could possibly make weaker Pokemon more viable. Restructuring the type chart so ice and rock don't blow defensively. A return of the PWC with 3D models of all past gym leaders and E4. This is the only proper way to celebrate the 20th anniversary
>>
>>26770361
Grow up.
>>
>>26770537
Kanto was in GSC because it was supposed to be an expansion on gen I and a conclusion to the franchise. It ended up with two neutered regions, but it was still massive in comparison to what was presented in gen I
>>
Pokémon following you (make it optional and make you able to choose which one, not the first one in party)

Contests being back and much more fleshed out, being a valid journey as much as Gyms are, with a "league" and 8 "gyms" or challenges. Give it a complete overhaul and make it as complex as battling, giving birth to a competitive scene. Players can choose to be coordinators or trainers or both.
>>
>>26766849
Grown up Youngster Joey as champion
>>
>>26765656
Honestly this
>>
File: mC7cTyN3.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mC7cTyN3.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>26768385
>>
File: 1466044557037.jpg (69 KB, 557x475) Image search: [Google]
1466044557037.jpg
69 KB, 557x475
>>26769066
>No lucario in regional dex
>>
In my ideal game, your Pokemon would naturally reach level 100 without any grinding by the time you face the champion (who is also packing a near max level team and plays like a smogfag)

This means longer routes with more trainers on them and more towns between gyms, with the levels of wild Pokemon on Victory Road being around 80

There would also be many side routes and side quests

Sometimes you would be trapped in certain areas until you completed a certain task, unable to go back to a Pokemon center to heal, creating a real risk that the player might lose from attrition, hopefully necessitating the use of items

Items would be more expensive to purchase, but given as rewards for completing side quests; finding them would be special

Perhaps the most important element is the environmental design:
>Extremely comfy towns/cities and early routes (I totally dig autumn leaves so plenty of those, ultra-soft colour palette)
>Late game environments should feel threatening and exhilarating like a genuine frontier ("epic" features like ravines and canyons, glacial features like cirques, horns, arretes, desert valleys of death, mythical forests with incredibly tall trees, caves full of crystals, etc.)
>Plenty of secret areas to discover, player should be and feel rewarded for discovering them, they should have a sense of wonder to them
>Legendary Pokemon areas must feel mysterious/alien/ancient/unknown (sprawling jungle temple, subterranean necropolis, giant iceberg that extends far below the waves), legendary Pokemon should be a challenge to survive against, let alone catch
>>
Back to the Mega-free timeline/universe.
>>
>>26770594
?
>>
>>26765587
Keep Amie, Super Training, and DexNav
Instead of making the overworld huge, go instead for more compact settings with tons of stuff to do
> 90 new Pokemon
An evil team in the vein of Team Rocket; Nothing fancy, no dubious deeds for the greater good, just out-and-out evil
Soaring and diving return
Gym leaders that actually pose a challenge
That's all for now
>>
>>26765587
I think SM is already on track to being one of if not the best Pokemon game so far. The designs are all top-notch and the graphics are at least as good as the last game. The setting is also thoroughly enjoyable. If they can keep up with what they have shown so far it will be one of the best.

Also, no megas.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.