[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>none of the devs sounded enthusiastic during the E3 segment,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: go.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
go.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>none of the devs sounded enthusiastic during the E3 segment, atmosphere was dull and it was boring
>barebones mechanics and looks pretty bad
>TRADING not included at launch, despite being a core Pokemon feature and the stuff you catch is restricted to where you live
>only gen 1 at launch
>apparently runs poorly optimized resulting in devices overheating
>presumably very rushed launch considering all this
>fucking $35 accessory that isn't even that useful

Do you think there's even a single person between TPCi, Gamefreak and Nintendo that's passionate about this game existing?

I'm sure Niantic has no problems shitting on a big IP for some easy money though. Google and mobile cancer needs to stay away from this series it's honestly sad.
>>
>Do you think there's even a single person between TPCi, Gamefreak and Nintendo that's passionate about this game existing?
I can think of someone, and he'll soon learn that mobile was a mistake
>>
GF is passionate because it will bring them cash money.

Also we'll finally discover what a hack Masuda is by the soundtrack
>>
>>26763810
>Do you think there's even a single person between TPCi, Gamefreak and Nintendo that's passionate about this game existing?

It's something for phones. I'd be shocked if there was anybody at all that made something for a phone and was passionate about it.

Nobody's looking forward to this. Phone games are nothing more than "i'll pull this out while i take a shit/sit on a bus"
>>
>>26764717
the beta is,so much fun. just because you dont care about it doesnt mean everyone else doesnt care dummy.
>>
I'm not even gonna download it if it's free.
>>
>>26764746
How is it fun? I've seen what it looks like, and it looks like nothing more than "flick pokeballs that probably cost 50 cents each at pokemon and evolve them by catching more of them."

Even if i had a smartphone i wouldnt bother
>>
File: 1462595107600.jpg (10 KB, 223x225) Image search: [Google]
1462595107600.jpg
10 KB, 223x225
>>26764717
>I'd be shocked if there was anybody at all that made something for a phone and was passionate about it.
As a game dev who builds for mobile as well, this breaks my heart. I put passion and love into all of my games. I have written paragraphs about the horrible mobile games and their awful micro transaction gambling pay to win state in the industry.
I aim to make my games enjoyable. Atleast, I hope they are.
>>
>>26764762
People think it's fun because the idea of real life Pokemon is exciting. It's fun because it's Pokemon. Maybe it's not your thing.
>>
>>26764810
If it was on a different platform maybe i'd think differently about it.

>>26764797
Even if Go looks like it has more effort than basically all other phone games, that's some faint fucking praise. It's like if i said i'm a better swimmer than a quadriplegic.
>>
>>26764835
If it were on a different platform, it would defeat the purpose of the app.
>>
How do you fuck up a game that lets you play pokemon in real life?

How is it even possible?

Holy shit, just use the google maps idea and port the regular pokemon game, how is this difficult to execute?
>>
>>26764869
Neckbeards would have to get out of the house to do stuff

Nintendo would lose 99% of its playerbase. This game is gonna bomb in the USA thanks to the rampant obesity
>>
>>26764869
>different pokemon appear in different areas
>most people don't live in major cities
>people usually stick to where they live

You'd probably see the same 20-30 or so pokemon.
>>
>>26764869
What is wrong with it? Genuinely wondering because I was upset about Go for what it turned out to be, but after months of complaining they updated it and now I'm content.
Were you interested in it in the first place?
>>
>>26764897
College age normies fucking love pokemon though.

You make a game like that f2p for smartphones and it'll sell microtransactions like butter
>>
I saw beta participants talking about it on leddit, they said it was really buggy and they just get the same 5 shitmons over and over. You carry around 50 pokemon at a time, gym battles randomly pick 6 from this, catching pokemon is like endless safari zone, etc.
>>
>>26764935
>love pokemon
They either live their childhoos or love looking cool pretending to love their childhoods, not pokemon.
>>
hi faggots, I'm in the beta

If you enjoy collecting stuff, GO is fun.
If you enjoy the idea of "walking" "outside", go is fun
Items are cheap and the game throws money at you (2500 coin every day for being a gym owner)
The actual battle system is startlingly fleshed out, and would be basically perfect if you could actually teach moves
>>26766278
you're ..well, you're wrong! You can carry 500 pokemon and purchase expansions. I've encountered a wide variety of gen 1 pokemon, you can choose your own pokemon for a gym challenge (it assigns 6 randoms but you can choose your own before starting)

the only thing you're right on is the catching being very similar to the safari zone, except theres actually a style ranking system for throwing pokeballs, you can spin them to increase their effectiveness and you have to actually land the ball within a closing targeting reticule.
>>
>>26766278
>>26766612

also, its about as buggy as I would expect a beta to be. Occasional force closes when multi-tasking, occasionally loses GPS for a second, that kind of thing. Nothing to really get worried about
>>
>>26766612
>2500 coin every day
They said that this will be lowered on release though

Anyhow, i have a couple of questions:

1 - if i throw a ball and miss or fail the catch, is the ball lost?
2 - can i open my internet, check and register the surroundings and close it at convenience?
Or do i need to be constantly online? Bandwith is not free

If i go offline, walk 1 km and turn my internet on, does it reset my surroundings?
>>
>>26763810
It's okay because this E3 sucked overall anyways
>>
>>26766700
>catch new mon
>show rotom screensaver to cover the dex entry

That was the highlight of the show. I could phisically hear the "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" from dozens of souls all over the planet
>>
>>26766661
A missed ball is a lost ball. Balls, however, are super cheap. As of this moment, 100 of them costs less than 500 coin. Also, you are apparently guaranteed to get free balls from the pokestops as I've never failed to get at least one out of the four or so items they tend to drop.
Also pokestops give you free eggs
>data
Based on what I've seen, the game appears to hibernate the moment it leaves the screen so presumably, it wont use much data. Dunno, I have unlimited data so I haven't paid much attention to it.
As far as resetting your surroundings if you move well yeah of course it would. You're no longer in the same environment, you're gonna encounter different stuff.
>>26766728
The pokedex is incomplete in the field test so I would assume thats why they blocked it. Clicking on a pokemon entry gets you a black screen and registering a new pokemon is also a black screen.
>>
>>26763810
Cool then don't play it
>>
Oh, and let's not forget the biggest issue...

>Still no proper release date
>>
>>26766780
Thanks. I'll wait and see how much data it uses. It's extremely expensive on phones over here
>>
>>26766863
just checked. Since installing it on june 7, its used around 110 mb of data, less than 5mb of which was in the background.
>>
>>26764835
So if the game was completely identical and just on a different platform, you'd like it?

You're like that kid who hates potatoes but likes French fries.
>>
>>26766890
Oh. That's basically nothing. Good to know, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>26766931
Food is prepared for a reason anon.
>>
>>26766982
Fried potatoes and French fries literally taste the same. Roasted potatoes aren't really that different either.
>>
>>26766982
not the same anon but you totally missed the point
>>
>>26767023
>literally
they dont anon, why arent we just eating potatoes?
>>
>>26767031
Oh, i agree with the point.

The analogy is fucking retarded.
>>
>>26767051
It's potatoes, what did you expect?
>>
>>26763810
>only gen 1 pokemon at launch

Can I have a source for this? I keep telling my freind this and he is in denial
>>
>>26767039
I'm not saying it's a bad thing! I'm saying that disliking salty greasy fried potatoes and liking French fries is an example of liking and disliking things based on preconceived notions of what is and isn't good, rather than on what a thing actually is.

>>26767085
10/10
>>
>>26767344
>>26767344
>rather than on what a thing actually is.
But they're.different things
>>
>>26767428
French Fries
>thin sliced potatoes
>Fried in oil
>salted
Fried Potatoes
>thin sliced potatoes
>Fried in oil
>salted

Despite a cosmetic difference and name, they're functionally the same, and can be made to taste the same with little to no effort. The only reason to like one and not the other is solely a mental construction.

Pokemon GO released on mobile and Pokémon GO released on handheld would be effectively the same, but this anon wouldn't even consider one but would consider the other based purely on a difference that has no effect on gameplay.
>>
>>26767130
Confirmed multiple times during the stream. Also repeated multiple times they will, later on, add next gens

Tell "him" to watch the 44 minutes video that's on youtube.

They specifically said that starting with only the first gen lets them gather both old players for nostalgia and new players that started playing pokemon after (so that for them seeing the first gen will be some sort of first experience)
>>
>>26767130
>>26767722
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqbsdqjgj-k
>>
>>26764762
>Even if i had a smartphone i wouldnt bother
Fucking poorfag, I swear. No wonder you're all so grumpy
>>
>>26764797
Do you use any freeware/commercial pre-made engine or just with barebones Android/iOS API?
>>
>>26766817

So nothing outside of the July release window?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.