[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Joe is always right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (285 KB, 577x369) Image search: [Google]
image.png
285 KB, 577x369
>Joe is always right
>>
>>26760814
why would anyone think this is a form change? god damn you people are so retarded im sure you think dragon dance is a form change as well
>>
>>26760814
we had this thread before anon, he is right

note that they're not even "formes" but just plain "forms"
>>
>>26760814
It's no different to when TPC was hyping up Overdrive.

Stop trying to Joe bash. It fails when you yourself are the one who doesn't know what they're on about.
>>
>>26760814
What's wrong here exactly?
>>
>>26760850
>why would anyone think this is a form change?
because Xerneas changes color in battle and it counts as a forme.
>>
>>26761386
people said the special colors were a forme, Serebii Joe said they were not. they are in fact formes, so Joe is wrong.
>>
>>26761426
>they are in fact formes,
But they aren't.
A form and forme are two different things in Pokemon anon.
>>
>>26761426
The official site says they are changes. You people need to stop sucking the virgin's cock.
>>
>>26761558
i think u misquoted.

i was looking at the official site to see what spelling the used, but couldnt find it, got a link?
>>
>>26760850
>why would anyone think this is a form change?
Because the official website says it is. I mean, clearly you only have to think for a few seconds to realise it isn't, but still.
>>
>>26760945
>when TPC was hyping up Overdrive
Source? I don't remember that.
>>
>>26760945
>when TPC was hyping up Overdrive
But they literally never did that.

At most the overdrive mode got some mentions here and there, but it didn't even come close to how much they're trying to make Solgaleo and Lunala's phases seem special.
>>
>>26760814
God's always right
>>
>>26761458
The official website posted images of them and called them Radiant Sun Phase and Full Moon Phase. That's literally all we know about them for now. They might actually be formes.
>>
>>26761458
>A form and forme are two different things in Pokemon anon
Stop spreading bulbapedia-tier "trivia". There's no definitive rule about what is a "form" and what is a "forme". The latter is usually used just to make some legendary forms that change stats/type seem more special than others that don't, but there are exceptions.

They're even less consistent when you consider how some things are "formes" in japanese but aren't in english, and vice versa.

In the Pokédex they're both categorized the same way, along with everything else, like shinies, gender differences, unown letters, cosplay pikachu, rotoms, vivillon patterns, florges flowers, etc.
>>
>>26760814
Fuck off joe
>>
>>26761952
It was in CoroCoro and the subsequent official site postsback in 2012. It's different because it was Japanese only and people didn't notice it as easily.

Bulba made a post about it which they since deleted but the discussion thread is there still http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/official-names-of-black-white-kyurem-revealed-kyurem-to-change-forme-in-overdrive-s.128849/
>>
>>26762533
The Bulbanews page they link to says it was deleted due to inaccuracy. So we ca hardly say it was over hyped. At best it was just mentioned in CoroCoro in passing.
>>
File: bw2corocoro_startdash08.jpg (2 MB, 1668x1372) Image search: [Google]
bw2corocoro_startdash08.jpg
2 MB, 1668x1372
>>26763054
>it was just mentioned in CoroCoro in passing
This. You can see it mentioned sometimes on early scans like pic related, and IIRC, in the first trailer for the 15th movie Ash mentioned their Overdrive modes as well, but later, with more info about the game coming out, they simply stopped mentioning them.

Maybe they had plans to make it into actual forms but decided not to, I don't know, but they definitely weren't hyped as much as the new legendaries' phases.

If anything, Genesect's High-Speed Flight Form would be a better example if you want to believe Solgaleo and Lunala just have cosmetic changes that don't even count as forms.
>>
>>26760938
>note that they're not even "formes" but just plain "forms"
>implying there's a difference
Nice meme.
>>
>>26763361
yes there is actually
>>
File: 1392755829476.jpg (9 KB, 277x271) Image search: [Google]
1392755829476.jpg
9 KB, 277x271
>>26763688
>>
>>26763767
also we haven't seen these modes in normal mode, the only time we see it is when they attack and then they revert
>>
>>26761458
The thing is, they were given names in CoroCoro, and Joe refused to post about it because they are likely similar to the Overdrive modes of Kyurem, despite it actually being news regardless.
He had to backpedal when the official site uploaded them too though.
>>
>>26763883
Overdrive was in CoroCoro too. As was Genesect's
>>
>>26763900
My point is only that he initially refused to report on it because he didn't think they were important enough, which is a horrible mindset for someone who claims to try to represent news as objectively as possible.
>>
File: 20160616_083828.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160616_083828.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>26763767
>He doesn't buy the printed Pokédexes
>He doesn't know the difference between "formes" and "forms"
>Me being this autistic
"Forme" indicates a stat change. "Form" is solely appearance or type.
>>
>>26763991
What is this, a picture for australians?
>>
>>26763991
How is this form vs. forme thing even relevant to Lunala and Solgaleo though?

They're called "phases", which is a completely different word. They could be insignificant "forms" (only changes appearance) like Xerneas' "modes" or Vivillon's "patterns", or they could be "formes" (with stat changes) like Darmanitan's "modes" or Gougeist's "sizes".

In the end no one has enough information to say for sure how relevant these phases will be, so there's no point in arguing semantics over it. And that's probably why people are condemning Joe for being so full of himself and thinking these alt forms weren't important enough to be reported, since he knows as much as we do.

I personally don't think the official site would mention shit like "what do these forms mean????" if they were pointless changes like Xerneas or Keldeo, but you never know.
>>
>>26763991
But aren't Rotom's appliance forms considered "forms" despite the stat change?
>>
Are these going to be the worst box legendaries ever?

>Sun Pokemon weak to Fire and is otherwise a Metagross clone.
>Moon Pokemon has two 4x weaknesses to Ghost and Dark and has an ability that suggests a tanky stat spread.
>>
>>26764211
They've already shown said formes/forms/whatever in action and they don't seem to have any effect. They're also visually insignificant even compared to Kyurem's Overdrive state so I doubt they're going to play any serious role.
>>
>Zekrom and Reshiram also had Overdrive modes when their tails got colored
Okay guys what if

What if Overdrive was never meant to be a special form, but just the powerups Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare get if used one after the other?
>>
>>26763767
see >>26760835
>>
>>26763933
You do realise that real news reporters and such won't report on a certain thing if they don't believe it's newsworthy right?
This is about as newsworthy as Xerneas' form
>>
>>26764368
Why was overdrive even advertised as an actual thing?
It's literally something you see in the idle pose.
>>
>>26767555
Yes, and Serebii reported on that during his coverage with no hesitation:
>12:55: Xerneas has two forms, merely appearance changes. One, the one we know, is in battle, the other is somewhat diluted and is how it appears outside of battle
Anything that shows new information should be posted. Hell, he even had an update today which said "nope, no new information from the E3 recap, as expected".
>>
>>26761417
That's a "form" not a "forme", there's a difference for some reason.
>>
>>26760814

>i know better than Game Freak

seriously, fuck off Joe
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.