[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will this retarded addition work? What will it say when my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (98 KB, 200x229) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98 KB, 200x229
How will this retarded addition work? What will it say when my Camerupt faces a Bronzong? What will it say when my Excadrill faces a Rotom? What will it say when my Heracross faces a Gengar-lel-just-kidding-it's-Zoroark?

Fuck everything about this.
>>
>>26759562
They'll figure it out, just enjoy the wait.
>>
>>26759562
Fuck off you retarded faggot.
>>
ITT: t. GF cocksuckers, shilling
>>
>>26759562
I have a feeling it'll ignore abilities. That way it'll be more fun to be stumped by them.
>>
>>26759562
For fire moves, it will say super effective against bronzong. You fucking idiot...
>>
>>26759562
I might be wring because my internet was SHIT when I saw the stream, but I think they said it'd only show up if you fought some of the foe Pokémon before, like you're learning from battling.

Might be full of shit though.
>>
What fucking difference does it make what YOUR pokemon is? It tells you the effectiveness of the move, not the effectiveness of your pokemon using the move
>>
>>26759562
Either it will ignore abilities entirely or it'll update once you see a message that indicates an ability alters the expected match up.
>>
no one fucking knows until the game is released or they tell us you dumb fuck.

(most likely though, it'll probably say No Effect for levitate mons and it will probably base it on the illusion mon's typing rather than zoroark's)
>>
>>26759562

I'm oh ok with this.
>>
>>26759656
You sound angry
>>
>>26759742
>Calls someone a fucking idiot
>Doesn't know Bronzong has Heatproof
>>
>>26759742
It can have either heatproof or levitate, ignoring 1 of his weaknesses. Please off yourself
>>
>>26759562
>What will it say when my Camerupt faces a Bronzong?
Go play B2W2 and ask Cheren through the Xtransceiver.
>What will it say when my Excadrill faces a Rotom?
Go play B2W2 and ask Cheren through the Xtransceiver.
>What will it say when my Heracross faces a Gengar-lel-just-kidding-it's-Zoroark?
Don't know. I hope the illusion effect the system.
>>
>>26760287
>Doesn't know that regardless of Heatproof, or Thick Fat, it still displays the 'It's super effective' message
>>
>>26759562
Personaly I think thats cool change, but I am more pumped up that we can finnaly see pokemon buffs!!
>>
>>26759562
I hope it just a part of battle tutorial. Right?
>>
>>26759746
Nope, you are right. It works only with Pokémon you already seen. I dont know why people are mad about this though. Will be easier for casuals but we already know the type chart, so whats the problem if the game is easier for noobies as long as we get a good plot/designs/region?
I am having a good feeling about SM and i think they are going to be better than XY and ORAS
>>
>>26761199
>>26761397

>Hey guys, pick this move! It's the best
>Actually, let's just push the button for you, you're already going to pick it anyway!
>Let's just skip to the end and give you a big "You win!" banner for all your hardwork you did.
>>
Reminder that helping new audience to get into the series doesn't mean casualization, having that much type always was a problem for everyone.
Who can tell he never forgot some obscure type affinity ?
Shit like Bug>Dark isn't the most memorable shit.
So that change makes it easier to get into the game for newbies, and doesn't affect in the slightest the people who already know how types work.

tl;dr

As always, you're complaining over nothing.
>>
>>26761443
If there is an option to turn it off, I won't have an issue with it at all.
But there won't be an option. It'll just be part of the game.
>>
>>26761424
And how does this affect you? Its not like before this gimmick people were dumb enough to die spamming splash and roar and shit. In every Pokémon you can win every fight in the early game by mindlessly spamming the damaging move
>>
>>26761424
Just don't buy the game, dude. And, please, don't emulate it, leave this board, you don't fit in here.
>>
>>26761424

Do you cry about other jrpgs showing attack effectiveness or just Pokemon?
>>
>>26761424
>having information at your fingertips is the same as auto-playing

Remind me again how being able to check how many attack debuffs a Zigzagoon has given you is the same as pressing a button to win? In ANY remote sense?
I understand not wanting the game to turn into the autoplay nonsense that dominates handheld games, but this is pretty much just an extension of the Status effects notifications. You want Poison and Paralyze to be invisible, too?
>>
>>26759562
>why is nobody else embracing my hate?
>they must be all shill
>more buzzwords in later posts for reasons

This game has become unhealthy for you. Seriously, you need to take a breath and some time away.

They will manage to do something with specific conditions. And if they don't? WHO FUCKING CARES

>muh type chart by memory
>muh casualization
>muh whatever i need to complain because i can freely shitpost on an anonymous image board

Just stop. It's not good for your heart. Life goes on nonetheless
>>
>>26761484
>>26761493
>>26761504

Besides teambuilding, picking the most effective move against your opponent's typing is literally the only decision making in Pokemon. Does it suck forgetting Grass is weak to Ice? Of course. But shoving the information in the player's face makes it impossible to make the wrong decision, so it's boring. Next we just need the game to give you 'helpful' types when building a team, and pokemon will be effectively autoplay.
>>
>>26761551
Also an addon, doesn't ever pokemon related instruction book imaginable have a type chart? If not, google is there. It's not like the information isn't there for new players.
>>
>>26761551
You still need to do the math competitively since not always se moves are better than normally effective ones, plus mixed attackers will always have to do math
>>
>>26761482
Please explain why it's an issue then because I'm puzzled here.

You already know type effectiveness, there's no way it can affects you, you can't even complain about the space it takes on the UI because it's tiny as fuck.

It's just here to help players who never played pokémon before because it's probably the rpg with the most different types/elements. With unintuitive relation between them.

for ref, the usual max is 8 considering rpgs but I saw it go as lower as 3
>>
>>26761551

So how does that affect people that know the type chart by heart?
>>
>>26761598
Get over it, it's 4chan, we complain for the sake of complaining because we can't enjoy our lives, no matter how bad or good it might be if we'd try.
>>
>>26761577
>>26761598
Here's how it boils down for me.

I can forget things. I can be wrong. I can forget that Crustle is part Bug type so a Grass attack will only average out to normal effective. I can make the wrong move, even if I've played for forever. Since I know the type charts, I know it's rare, but it's possible.

If the game TELLS ME what will and won't work the best, there's no chance for failure. You pick the button that has the super by it and win. I want the chance to be wrong and mess up. Otherwise it's just boring.

So yeah, that's basically what it is.
>>
>>26761650
Let me just tell you a thing.
You suck at the game and also are a casuale.
There is only one cure for people like you. Git Gud
>>
>>26761650
That's okay, you'll probably select the move to fast to read the thing anyway.
Trust me, it happens too in other games which have this feature.
>>
>>26761667
There is one other cure. Have the developers add in a mechanic to tell me what attack is the best :^)
>>
But what will happen in non 1v1 battles ?
Display on the highlighted foe ?
>>
>>26761650

Then just use moves that are either neutral or not very effective if you want to be wrong so desperately.
>>
>>26760293
Heatproof still takes SE from Fire.
Levitate would have immunity.

This is common sense.
>>
>>26761685
>Just give yourself a self enforced rule to make the game fun!

Yeah, no.

And it's not that I want to be trash. I want the possibility to be trash. Is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>26761650
So basically your complaint is that you're a casual who wants to be hard core.
>>
>>26761711
But this isn't a possibility, this is a certitude.
>>
>>26761711
>I want the possibility to be trash.
Unless you're a 4 year old who's never played Pokemon prior you've lost that ability years ago.
That or you're just casual scum who doesn't belong here. In any case this is a thing that's been a part of RPGs as a whole for years.
>>
>>26761679
But the game doesn't do that. It only marks the effectiveness of the moves you have against the opponent.
The opponent might switch or have an ability that makes it immune to a specified type. You can clear the story with a team who is weak to everything by mashing the A button anyway.
You are just mad at nothing. Calm down and go fucking sleep you retarded faggot.
>>
Since a lot of you aren't understanding, let me try this again.

This isn't about telling the type advantage. You can literally trip over a type chart anywhere you look.

This is about holding the players hand and taking away the possibility for making a mistake. It's boring. And new players will find it just as boring.
>>
>>26761754
The main story gameplay still sucks, dude.
The only reason I'm still playing pokemon is because friends do it and it's fun to batlle them.
If you care about the main story gameplay you should consider dropping the franchise and switch to another game.
>>
>>26761754
New and old players literally do not care also SE moves aren't always the way to go if they have moves like Heatproof and thick fat.

In other words it separates the casuals who just go
>HIGH POWER SE LETS DO IT!!!!
from the people who like and play pokemon.

You anon, are a disgusting casual.
Oh and there's no way you're ever forgetting type effectiveness at this point anon.
>>
>>26761774
>>26761780
Fuck it, I made my case. Call me a casual. See you in a few months.
>>
>>26761754
It's not boring, it's helping new and casual players develop the knowledge they need to get into competitive and postgame battles.

When you face a pokemon, you'll experiment and use a move. Depending on its effectiveness, the game will keep a log of that for you, so next time you face that pokemon, you'll think "that's right, X is weak to Y type." It's not handholding if you already found it out yourself. But it helps solidify the knowledge.

Then, when kids want to do the actual challenges in the game, they can focus on learning about the minute details which make up the core strategies of the games -- the type chart is a prerequisite for all of that, and all though it is fundamental, it is literally the least you need to know about battling to be competent.
>>
>>26761821
>I made my case
You know, to have a case you have to actually present something other than
>it's bad because I don't like it.
>>
>>26761835
Also keep in mind that with the sheer amount of pokemon in the games, you're going to be running into different ones all the time. There's going to be more times when you fight new "unlogged" pokemon than not.
>>
>>26761892
You have your opinion, and I have mine.
>>
>>26761424
hello and welcome to JRPGs
>>
It's pretty funny how the only people complaining about this shit don't even play "competitively."
They think they are hardcore because they know the fucking typechart or something.
>>
I won't give a shit as long as I can turn it off.

S-surely we will be able, r-right?
>>
File: charmeleon.png (70 KB, 274x227) Image search: [Google]
charmeleon.png
70 KB, 274x227
Daily reminder that not everyone is autistic as we are and don't remember the exact combynation of 17 different types.

I swear, I don't understand why you spergs have problems with this. It's completely irrelevant for those who already know the type chart, and is a great implementation for new players. There are countless other problems when talking about casualization.
>>
>>26759562

It's not forcing you to press the button, and it only appears on pokes you have already beaten.

I bet you have a Darksouls poster proudly displayed in your room.
>>
>>26762149
Yeah, i've been playing pokemon for 20 years and there are still combination i can't get into my head for the life of it.

i have a type-chart screenshot on my phone just for that

which means now instead of looking at that i'll be looking at the game screen to know what is more convenient.

It literally makes no difference to players that already know every combination by memory.
>>
>>26760287
>>26759742
>pathetic weebs thinking any of this matters
>>
I wonder if this change has to do with all the new Chinese players who will have Sun Moon as their first Pokemon game? Guess they want to leave a "friendly" impression.
>>
>>26762409
it's nice to see that sometimes some anon makes some sense
>>
>>26761504
You can use pen and paper to track down stat changes too.
Also on showdown nobody complains about stat changes being displayed.
>>
>>26762540
>Also on showdown nobody complains about stat changes being displayed.

In all honesty this is my favourite addition. If they make it so entry hazards too are visible I'm sold.
>>
>>26759562
>getting riled up by this incredibly minor feature to help new players understand the type-chart despite it being obvious/really intuitive
>speculating randomly about GameFreak contradicting their own game mechanics by having it ruin abilities
Just... Just use your head, relax and stop getting upset. It's the most minor feature ever and is a lot better than a 20 minute "here's what the types are" scene that they'd probably have to implement otherwise. Plus, it makes use of the Pokedex and actually makes the Pokedex actually do something besides be a thing in the menu that no one uses.
>>
>>26762579
>obvious/really intuitive

I partially disagree. Outside of the most obvious ones, some are pretty unintuitive, like electric resisting steel.
>>
>>26761650
So you're complaint is that the game doesnt allow you to be bad at it?
>>
>>26760645
Is there evidence for this?
It's the likely scenario, yes, but I don't think I've seen anything to actually prove that to be the case
>>
>>26761424
>>26761551
>>26761650
>>26761711
>>26761754
How autistic do you have to be to only have fucking Pokemon as your ONLY RPG? Seriously.
>>
>>26761551
You still need to strategize.
Type matchups aren't always the best way to go, and switching is a big part of the game (multiplayer at least).
>>
>>26762914
Are you stupid or what? If you use a fire move on a pokemon with thick fat the dmage is reduced, but the sound and the message still refer to it as supereffective
>>
>>26759562
Whatever it appears to be. Bronzong is Steal/Psychic, so is weak to Dark, Ghost, Fire and Ground. Rotom-W is Water/Electric, so is weak to Grass. Gengar-lel-just-kidding-it's-Zoroark appears to be a Ghost/Poison, so is weak to Psychic, Ground, Ghost and Dark.
>>
>>26762996
*Rotom-W is weak to Grass and Ground.
>>
One thing that I didn't get is whether once you use a type move on a pokemon it will display the effectiveness just for that one battle, or from then on each time you face it. Does anyone know?
>>
>>26759783
You are a bit slow are you not? It's easier to just say mons with specific stabs like Camerupt's ground/fire than say "what if i have a pokemon with ground and fire moves facing a bronzong"
>>
>>26762860
That's on you, though. If you shove a piece of steel through an electric current the electric current will move right through the steel. The 'fighting spirit' ones with fighting type and bug type's effectiveness can be a little jarring, I suppose. Flying > Fighting I don't quite get.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 351x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 351x359
I don't see the problem with it showing which move will be the most effective, because :

1) Just because it's super effective, doesn't mean it's the best option. A stab normally effective move might do more fldamage overall than a super effective one, depending on the base power.

2) Most JRPGs (if not all with Pokemon now) show the opponents weaknesses AFTER you've fought them once already. Since Pokemon IS a JRPG, why is this a bad thing? And it's not like you won't eventually know the typing in question sooner or later, you can't be constantly suprised.

3) At this point, most of us here know our typing charts (no, ice is SE against rock, as some mistake it to be).

4) It really helps out the newer audience who aren't familiar with the game whatsoever. And with that, GF might have added an option to turn it off for the "veterans". Like I mentioned before, SE isn't always the best option.

5) This won't really help competitively speaking.

You people are bitching for the sake of it. But, you need to remember that these games are dedicated to children, so it being "casual" would make sense. And this also helps those who've been playing for years now, since it gets hard to follow with all these new mons.
>>
>>26763497
>If you shove a piece of steel through an electric current the electric current will move right through the steel.

If anything that means that steel should be weak to electric, like water.

Flying > Fighting I don't quite get.

>haveyouevertriedtopunchabird.jpg
>>
>>26764026
I have punched a bird actually, seagulls aren't very friendly... Though the seagull wasn't particularly phased.
>>
>>26761551
>Besides teambuilding, picking the most effective move against your opponent's typing is literally the only decision making in Pokemon.
Question.

You have a Talonflame that knows Brave Bird and, for some reason, Steel Wing.

Which attack will do more damage against Clefable? The answer, despite Clefable being weak to Steel, is Brave Bird -- it is more powerful, and gets STAB. While a nice aid for new players, it will not always provide the right answer and may even lead to casuals developing bad habits that they will need to learn from.

Expert players still have a substantial advantage, because they know that the type chart isn't necessarily the end of the story.
>>
IT'S OK WHEN SHOWDOWN DOES IT
>>
>>26764189
My nigga. Seagulls and pidgeons don't deserve any mercy
>>
>>26759562
>>26761424
>>26761551
>>26761650
>>26761711
>>26761754
>It's okay when SMT does it
>>
Do we have info if this will be displayed online? It seems to me like it would only be something for offline and an option, just how you can select to have set or switch battle style
>>
>>26759562
I wonder if we'll get more inverse battles, maybe that's why this was added.
>>
>>26760287

It will still say supereffective regardless, retarded
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.