[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /vp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Mewtwo_shiny.png (4 MB, 3500x3500) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo_shiny.png
4 MB, 3500x3500
Longtime casualfag here. Want to enter the 2016 International Comp because of pic related, but I've never really dabbled in competitive stuff. Any advice on what kind of team I should put together, or what to expect? (I don't expect to get very far, I just want to qualify for the Mewtwo).
>>
>>26755175
>entering an international tournament just for a shiny Mewtwo
You do realize you can get somebody to inject it for you in the injection general, right?
>>
>wanting a green shiny, ever
>>
File: 1466019798813.jpg (74 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
1466019798813.jpg
74 KB, 800x449
>>26755407
Fuck off, green is my favorite color, and at least this is an actual pleasant green and not vomit green like Nidoqueen or Dragonite.
>>
>>26755175
Shiny Mewtwo looks disgusting compared to the original
>>
>>26755504
Fuck you. It looks better. The green shinies are my favorite. I don't know what so many people have against my favorite color.
>>
>>26755175
If you really liked Mewtwo you would consider the shiny coloration an insult to it
>>
>>26755504
shiny mewtwo is god tier what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>26755522
This
>>
>>26755522
>shiny mewtwo is god tier

t. six year old
>>
>>26755594
(You)'re the one bitching about someone else's taste in shinies.

Mewtwo is my favorite pokemon. This shade of green is my favorite color. Adding this shade of green to Mewtwo, therefore, makes it even better.
>>
Just inject it, faggot.
>>
>>26755522
>lel
purple is a far better color than green, shh
>>
If you want to get even decently competitive, you need to understand meta, and you can get more competitive advice from fucking Verlisify that /vp/. (that is not a recommendation, just how low I value the majority of people on this board.)

Obviously, you want a decent type coverage, and it helps to have a program for that.
You'll also want to have a working knowledge of moves and abilities, and understand good prediction strategies.
That might get you through to the qualifying.
I would recommend the PokeInfo app, or using Serebii.
>>
File: 1465112063661.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465112063661.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>26755678
Thank you for this somewhat helpful post, instead of shitposting about colors.
>>
If you just want the mewtwo you can just enter with any hastily-thrown-together team, play 3 matches and you should qualify for the mewtwo. If you want to try a fun team, try this:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 148 HP / 68 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Protect

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 172 HP / 244 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Weather Ball
- Disable
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Magic Coat
- Protect

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

The idea with froslass is to bait opposing Primal Groudon/Ferrothorns into a false sense of security with a froslass/gothitelle lead and then switch Goth for Kyogre/Groudon and weather ball for the KO. Also disable works nicely with shadow tag, especially for choice item users. Just got to highish 1600s on Battle Spot with it, not the best but it's fun to use.
>>
The best advice if you want to actually do well in competitive play is to just accept that unless you have absolute garbage taste and love Rotom-W, your bros probably arent gonna be the best pokemon to use, at least not to begin with.
The sooner you accept that, the easier the transition will be.
>>
>>26755677
Wrong. Green is the best color.
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236 KB, 336x418) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236 KB, 336x418
>>26755175
>>
File: sponge.jpg (9 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
sponge.jpg
9 KB, 249x249
Alright /vp/, where do i have to register to get this mewtwo? and where do i have to actually fight to participate in this tournament thing to get the mewtwo?
While i do know how to EV train pokemon , I iterally don't know anything about competitive pokemon, i just want my shiny mewtwo
>>
>>26757064
Before you register, you need to make sure you create an account on the official Pokémon website and sign up for !Play points.
>>
Do you have to win games to get points? Or can I get charity points.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.