[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Go demonstration. About 10 minutes in. https://www.y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 906of1000.png (109 KB, 234x406) Image search: [Google]
906of1000.png
109 KB, 234x406
Pokemon Go demonstration. About 10 minutes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqbsdqjgj-k

906 of 1000 pokemon??
Alola confirmed to have shitload of new mons
>>
>>26754955

What about alternate forms?
>>
>>26754955
Er, no. 1000 is most likely the cap on how many Pokemon you can have at once. Not how many different Pokemon there are. Post-gen 1 stuff isn't even implemented yet.
>>
File: 1465920956361.gif (87 KB, 192x197) Image search: [Google]
1465920956361.gif
87 KB, 192x197
>>26754955
I think you don't understand what it actually means.

There is only 1000 available space for how many pokemon you can catch. That's literally all it is.
>>
>>26754987
>>26754997
But don't your pokemon evolve through catching duplicates? Why would need multiple slots for the same mon?

I doubt we're getting that many pokemon this gen, but not for that reason. The /1000 probably means something else.
>>
>>26755043
Because two Squirtles still take up two slots, just like they take up two PC spaces in the real games?... It's not that hard, anon.
>>
>>26754982
with both megas and alternate forms counted, there are 888 pokemon.

so if this is true, then theres still 112 new pokemon
>>
pretty sure i saw 3000 in there somewhere, i think it was an arcanine. SO..
>>
>>26755043
In the video he has two Venomoth, two Magneton, and two Rapidash, all fully evolved Pokemon (as of gen 1)
>>
>>26754955
Where's the hype?
>>
I just saw a jewittz on this video
>>
PVP WHEN?!?!?!?
>>
File: 1464087643279.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1464087643279.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>>26755231
I'm pretty hype. Go looks pretty good since the patch with nicknames and powering up.
>>
>>26755468
Soon, hopefully.

That said, I'm pretty sure they aren't stopping at Gen 1. According to a few beta testers, there's an achievement for catching a certain number of Dark-types, which aren't in Gen 1, and it would be unlikely for them to stop at Gen 2 or 3.
>>
>>26754987
>>26755043
As someone who is a tester I can state that you actually start out with 500 slots, with 1000 being the limit (you can expand your storage from the store 50 at a time for 500 coins).

The same is with item storage.
>>
>>26756369
I can confirm the Dark-type badge. There are also badges for Steel, Ice, Dragon, and Fairy as well.

Interestingly enough these types are retroactive with the current 151 and are countable, the only exception being Dark.
>>
>>26757117
True, but there are 2 Fairy-types, 2 Steel-types, and three Dragon-types. You'll need more than that, I suspect. At least, I hope. I just pray that GF will have the full dex out by September, so I can pick my favorite starter. Special doggo a best
>>
Has anyone received Pokemon go beta codes yet? I'm still waiting on my code.
>>
>>26756369
They said themselves that they plan on updating it slowly with all Pokémon
They're also going to include things like the capture event Mewtwo that was shown in the first trailer. They're not letting Go slow down atleast, they're going to continue updating it during its lifetime. Not adding pvp will be a waste.
Trading will be after launch in July.
>>
Why are you all hyped? Isnt it just a shit mobile game?
>>
>>26758565
It's the closest thing we could ever get to real life Pokemon.
>>
File: 1465731047171.jpg (158 KB, 478x463) Image search: [Google]
1465731047171.jpg
158 KB, 478x463
>>26758586
>>
Im a tester in japan currently
ask me if you have any questions.

I'm currently level 6 and have caught around 70 out of 150 pokemon with exactly a week of gameplay
>>
>>26760863
What's your strongest mon? What's the point in carrying Pokemon with you? Challenging other gyms?
>>
>>26760863
I also work a fulltime job so i only play a little bit per day. On my commute to and from work and then on occasional jogs.

So far eggs are by far the best way to expand your dex as they come with 8-15 candies, and come in 2km, 5km and 10km varieties. usually 1 captured pokemon gives 1 candy and when you release it you get another candy.

a second stage pokemon usually costs between 15 and 25 candies to evolve so if you hatch an egg, youre already close to an instant evolution
>>
>>26760888
my strongest mon is a vaporeon clocking in at a little under 900 capture points, which seems to be the only stat aside from hp and the power of their moves.

you can use pokemon to challenge gyms at landmarks throughout the area. In my area, it takes maybe 7 minutes to go from gym to gym. if i go into central tokyo(i live 20 minutes or so by train away from central tokyo) there are more

every day you get a bonus for the number of pokemon you have deployed to gyms. this gives you things you can use to power up your pokemon, as well as coins which you use to buy balls and certain items(not healing items)

carrying pokemon with you just lets you use them to challenge gyms and deploy to empty gyms. weak pokemon should probably be released immediately. You can challenge a gym with up to 6 pokemon, so i guess technically you can use weak pokemon to whittle down hp a little before sending in your strong pokemon to finish them off but its not really worth it in my opinion. its less of a hassle to just release them immediately for the candy, and then use that candy to evolve stronger versions of the same pokemon
>>
>>26760863
Hello, thanks!

Do you need to be constantly connected to a wifi or 3/4g? Is there any feature that "save" the surrounding and then you can play back home when you can?

How invasive do you think the shop might be / might become?
>>
>>26760863
Does a weak pokemon remains such forever? I didn't quite get that part.

Let's say a catch a rattata with XXX points, and then i find another one with XXX+Y points. What should become of the weaker pokemon? Does it become useless?

Also, is there a maximum upper limit in strenght? Or are they all different for everyone? As in: i finally got this specific pokemon with these specific stats and wont ever find it in a better condition (?)
>>
>>26760863
What do the numbers mean then? Like CP 323 in OP's image. The Arcanine was CP 3312 so it's clearly not pokedex number.
>>
>>26761357
It's capture points. It should be an indication of how much strong is the specific mon you possess.
>>
>>26761287
yes you must always be connected to location data. you cant do anything else otherwise
as for the shop, its hard to tell. currently, you only get enough potions and revives to keep your favorites alive. However, every day we get 2500 coins "from the professor" which will probably change with the actual release. Those coins are used to buy pokeballs and egg incubators primarily, so if coins become extremely scarce, i could see the shop becoming very invasive.

>>26761330
you can spend candies(usually 1-2) plus a certain number of another resource to increase their strength. I'm not sure how it scales in the long term, but if you catch a better pokemon, obviously its better to switch to that one. Candies are only used to evolve and power up at this point.

>>26761357
capture points is relative strength. Think of it as level. The only stats are capture points, hp and they come with two random moves with respective powers.

So higher cp pokemon have higher hp and do more damage. 323 is fairly weak. my highest after a week of gameplay is 887(i could theoretically power it up more but id rather keep the candies to evolve an eevee hopefully into a jolteon)

3312 is one of the highest ive ever seen. In the google plus dev group someone posted a 4000+
>>
>>26761414
Is the available space for storing mons enough? Is there any point in keeping more than 1 of the same pokemon? Maybe for when trade gets implemented?

This might be obvious but i've missed this part. Are the candies universal or a Squirtle will only help level up another Squirtle?
What about preEvos? Can a Squirtle help level up a wartortle?
>>
>>26761475
yeah the space is enough, and you can spend coins to buy 50 more slots at a time. i havent done that yet though.

so far theres no need to even have 1 of each mon, i guess it depends if they implement trading.

the candies apply to the entire evolution. They'd be called squirtle candies and when you release a wartortle you get a squirtle candy that can then be used to evolve or power up squirtle/wartortle/blastoise
>>
>>26761572
>so far theres no need to even have 1 of each mon

You filthy casual.

Thanks for the replies. The only-online pisses me off a bit, but it still sounds like a nifty game. For a mobile

The fact that they mentioned it's the first pokemon game outside any handheld makes me think they're testing if it's worth in the future to go full mobile
>>
>>26761612
so far i havent released many pokemon to be honest, even though i should.

but recovery items are hard to come by so when your pokemon die you're inclined to release them as opposed to heal them. I'm assuming this will be the big incentive for microtransactions
>>
>>26761475
It sounds like Pokemon Rumble, where you get stronger and stronger Pokemon as you progress, and ditch all your weak duplicates.
>>
>>26761766
How sad
I hope there's a reward for keeping older Pokemon
>>
>>26761766
actually yeah, thats a good comparison.
but its kinda fun because some gyms are completely inaccessible because a strong trainer got to them first.

but then you level up, or sacrifice a few of your strong pokemon to knock it out and take it for yourself.
>>
>>26761776
i hope so too, but i doubt it.

the biggest weakpoint is that it ignores the fact that pokemon is all about forming bonds with specific mons. but they're probably also depending on that for microtransactions

so it might depend on how much youre willing to spend to keep those pokemon competitive
>>
File: chris-hansen-2.jpg (12 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
chris-hansen-2.jpg
12 KB, 450x675
>>26754955
>all those CP
>>
>>26761792
They seem to be listening to people. Plus it wouldn't be so hard to add some bonus to a Pokemon that you've kept for a longer period of time. The game shouldn't defer players from playing the way they want to.
>>
>>26761357
also i believe in the demo the character was level 5, and had way more balls and higher cp than is possible at that point, compared to the version of the demo they have released now

so it was heavily edited for the presentation.
also if you caught 900 pokemon, you'd be well above level 5(and those 900 pokemon are not unique pokemon, just total pokemon)
>>
>>26761816
Thats true, but also if they're developing an app that will be free(i think) so they must be depending on a significant amount of people to spend, so it wouldnt be unheard of if they made you pay to play they way they wanted you to play.

its also worth noting that they're focusing on having a large number of people incentivized to pay a small amount, as opposed to what these sort of apps traditionally lead to, which is a small number of people paying a large amount every month
>>
>>26761860
True. Plus they have put millions into this game, haven't they? They need a profit somehow.
>>
>>26761860
They're selling that gadget for $35 so they're making a big profit there.
>>
>>26761716
ah, so the pokemons do not heal outside of battle without a healing item?

Ok, yeah, if that's the case this will be a pivotal point in microtransactions
>>
>>26762232
exactly. and you can only get potions and revives from stopping by pokestops which are relatively common landmarks throughout the area. on my 15 minute walk to work I stop by 4 or 5.

you'll get potions/revives more often than not but its not uncommon at all to only pick up balls. each pokestop drops 3-5 items. most common are pokeballs.
>>
When the hell is it going to be released?
Do we have an APK we can download NOW?
>>
http://thenextweb.com/apps/2016/06/16/catch-pokemon-go-ar-game-next-month/
>>
I'm just concerned how this will play out in more country areas. Like, I feel that finding landmarks where I live will be pretty rough going as well as viable places to walk most of the times.
>>
Anybody knows de IOS version necessary for this game?
I'm happy with my IOS 7 jailbreak and I don't wanna change it
>>
>>26764412
I'm still on 6.something jailB

Ain't gonna upgrade for a mobile cash grab
>>
>>26764914
>Mobile Cash Grab
Nigger, the game is going to be free and all the APKs are on the web, till next month
>>
>>26754955
dude first of all only the gen 1 pokes are implemented
second you could see 2 magneton in his list
>>
Not necessarily

Initially GO will only have Gen1 mons

To evolve mons, you have to catch multiple of each one. so something like 20 squirtles to evolve your squirtle into wartortle

Maybe at some point you need to catch 1000 pokemon and you get a prize?
>>
>>26754955

We're not getting a lot of new Pokémo in Alola.
>>
>>26764975
Yeah it was more of a "if" instead of "when".

As in "if it becomes another mobile cash grab". Which, and i hope we can agree, it's a very common thing among mobile games
>>
>>26755231
I ate it
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.