[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason this thing isn't banned? >Protip:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 4062-Landorus-Therian.png (75 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
4062-Landorus-Therian.png
75 KB, 245x300
Give me one good reason this thing isn't banned?

>Protip: you can't
>>
who cares
>>
>>26754103
It doesn't have a "red stone" under neat him like Tornadus-T.
>>
>>26754103
>hidden power ice

I still hate the thing though
>>
Ice Beam..
>>
The burden of proof is on you, kiddo. Why should it be banned and in which format?
>>
File: 645-s.png (13 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
645-s.png
13 KB, 360x360
>>26754142
Maybe not, but just look at that cleavage. This is too lewd for the children.
>>
File: fuckthiskid.png (276 KB, 345x406) Image search: [Google]
fuckthiskid.png
276 KB, 345x406
>>26754103
Yes, you're right.
I see too much of this thing, he is the cancer, He is more than over used, ban this shiiit !
>>
>>26754571
who the fuck is this annoying little shit?
>>
>>26754103
Use Powder Snow you fucking dunce, git gud
>>
He already is.
What? Are you seriously playing OU? You're not a faggot, right?
>>
>>26754103
It isn't overpowered. Smogonbird and Klefki are far more cancerous than this thing and I still don't think either of those should be banned either
>>
>>26754103
It's not broken, just overused and annoying.

>>26754643
>He already is.
Where exactly is Landorus-T banned? It's allowed in all official formats as well as Smogon OU.
>>
>>26754671
>What? Are you seriously playing OU? You're not a faggot, right?

Anon obviously implied you should be playing in UU or under
>>
>>26754593
He's youngster from new game
>>
>>26754660
How the fuck is Klefki cancerous in any way
>>
>>26754743
Prankster screens
>>
>>26754743
prankster users in general are pretty cancerous
>>
>>26754103
>weavile used ice shard
>it's super effective! landorus-t lost 4/5 of its health
that's why, but i wouldn't mind it being banned or put in the uber section
>>
>>26754789
>>26754793
If you suck cocks at the game, sure, but
>>
>>26754831
>priority T-Wave
>not cancerous
>>
>>26754847
>not switching in an electric or ground type or a pokémon with magic bounce
>>
File: Smug_pepe.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Smug_pepe.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>not wanting orange tiger dick
>>
>>26754924
orange tigers are the norm, you shouldn't specify if it's ultimately non specific
>>
>>26754103
Burn fucks it up unlike Lando-I and it's not as fast either
>>
>>26754103
it's basically the same nonspecific bulky ground as tankchomp, hippowdon and gliscor so you can deal with them all in basically the same way

hippowdown is the bulkiest and most annoying of the three even accounting for Lando's intimidate and it is fucking obnoxious.

Your standard Water-type or Serperior is enough and there are plenty of mons who can dispatch it with coverage moves so it's not insurmountable without overpreparing, unlike true cancermons like Gothitelle, Stingulor and Lando-I were
>>
>>26755165
Serperior is 2KO'd by u-turn and your water types by earthquake, and goodluck outspeeding or catching on the switch this shit.
>>
>>26754103
This applies to both VGC and Ubers, because Ubers is and always will be the best format.

It doesn't need to be banned because Primal Kyogre and Kyurem-White handle it quite nicely. Only Choice Band and Swords Dance threatens Xerneas, and it doesn't do much to Cresselia either.

All in all, it's only really good for Intimidate and annoying Primal Groudon, but even then, Groudon can kill it with Overheat/Fire Blast and outspeeds after Rock Polish. It can harass Mega Salamence too, but those often go mixed as well.
>>
>>26755276
Slowbro does not lose to Landorus unless it has Toxic or some ridiculous shit and it can't really do anything to Gyarados
>>
>>26755360
>Having only a specific handfull of counters isnt broken and doesnt cause overcentralization
>>
File: 14243145500081.jpg (55 KB, 514x440) Image search: [Google]
14243145500081.jpg
55 KB, 514x440
>Whining about a Pokémon being overused in the Overused tier
How long has /vp/ been this stupid?
>>
File: 1adachi.png (30 KB, 129x119) Image search: [Google]
1adachi.png
30 KB, 129x119
>>26754103
Everything else is so power creeped that nothing matters anymore.
>>
File: nuzlocke7c-1-1.jpg (36 KB, 800x146) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke7c-1-1.jpg
36 KB, 800x146
>>26756300
A Pokémon not having counters does not make it broken. Kyurem-B does not have any counters, but it does not force you to carry a specific mon to deal with it.

Even in Landorus-T's case, that simply isn't true. Rotom-W and Skarm are full stops to any Lando variant, as well as Hippo with Whirlwind, Gliscor (barring SD sets if Gliscor doesn't run Toxic). It's checked by most special attackers like Keldeo or the Lati Twins, Breloom (Lando cannot really touch Breloom, scarf U-Turn does 30%ish so Breloom can just set up or Spore something), Bisharp, Azumarill. Its low speed means it is outsped by most scarfed OU mons as well.

Lando-T has such high usage because OU is inundated with so many powerful physical attackers. Lando-T keeps them in check, the way Jirachi kept many special attackers like the Lati twins in check in gen V. Lando-T is easily worn down by chip damage from switching in to buffer attacks and talking twelve percent from Rocks every time it switches in. This is supplemented by its lack of recovery apart from Leftovers and no priority. It's also very slow (compared to the mons it comes in on, such as Mega Lopunny). Oh, it's running Scarf? Then it's not going to be able to switch in as much and even more susceptible to chip damage (Talonflame's Brave Bird does about 30% to Scarf Landorus-T, so it really cannot come in more than once. It relies on its teammates getting up Rocks and playing aggressively to keep Talonflame out, assuming Lando-T is the only bird check on the team). Scarf variant is forced to U-Turn or switch out versus mons it cannot OHKO, such as Manaphy, so unless Lando-T is threatening the mon right in front of it it's in its best interest to get out of there.

So Landorus-T is overused because it's a buffer and a pivot for all the powerful physical attackers in OU that would tear the tier a new asshole otherwise. It's like why Rotom-W had the highest usage in early XY; it was the best bird counter in the game at the time.
>>
>>26761333
Also, guys, seriously please stop with the "it's 4x weak to X so it's not broken" thing.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.