[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just retcon this and admit they blew their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: genders.png (11 KB, 427x299) Image search: [Google]
genders.png
11 KB, 427x299
Why didn't they just retcon this and admit they blew their load too early?
>>
>>26752324
because hat would mean changing the pokedex number of all the following pokemon
>>
Should have just made a baby version called Nidoren or something
>>
File: 4554657657.jpg (25 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
4554657657.jpg
25 KB, 600x200
>>26752324
>Shiny Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking = Blue
>Shiny Nidoran/Nidorina = Purple

>Shiny Nidoqueen is fucking green
Why?
>>
>>26752324
What do you mean ?
>>
>>26752324
No clue OP. They should just have the Nidoran's be gender differences on one mon and get rid of the weird 'Nidoqueen can't breed' thing and just have all the Nidos produce Nidoran eggs.
>>26752425
They should just throw out the old National Dex and make a new one with all the evolution families properly together and shit like this retconned.
>>
>>26752513

Thanks doc
>>
File: purple green pattern.png (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
purple green pattern.png
9 KB, 640x480
>>26752513
look at this purple and green pattern. when you look at it from a distance it looks grey.

nidoqueen: green
nidoking: purple

green + purple = gray
>>
>>26752665
Nidoqueen can't breed was a bug in G/S/C but they keep bugs because of some autistic canon that has to explain why things one way are a different way somewhere else

It's why we have all the retarded incense items
>>
>>26752784
Thanks doc
>>
I feel like they aren't doing it just because people would bitch about "muh original 150".

They really should retcon it.
>>
>>26752868
Too late now to combine them into one. What they should do instead is make them more distinct. For example rename them to remove the male/female icons, like Nidoron/Nidorin. Or something better.
>>
>>26752324
What's the problem?
>>
>>26752324
Different moves and stats in the final form.
>>
>>26753112
>did you mean Meowstic
>>
>>26752798
>Nidoqueen can't breed was a bug in G/S/C
Proove it was a bug and not some deliberate choice for an unknown reason.

>but they keep bugs because of some autistic canon
Name one other time they've kept bugs. Azuril gender bug was fixed.

>It's why we have all the retarded incense items
A new baby Pokemon not existing in an earlier game isn't a bug. There's a difference between a retcon to add a new Pokemon and a "retcon" to fix a bug.
>>
>>26752665
>They should just have the Nidoran's be gender differences on one mon
So what are the names of the second and third evolutions in the family? Nidorin* and Nidomonarch?
>>
>>26755431
I said Nidoran's gender differences, not the later evolutions.
Nidoran would still evolve into either Nidorino or Nidorina depending on its gender.
Gender-specific evolutions aren't anything unusual in Pokemon.
>>
>>26755527
oh ok.

Would you be happy then if they just gave the two Nidorans different names, not just that different gender symbol?
>>
>>26752784
Thanks doc
>>
>>26755575
It would be better than what we have now I guess but pretty strange
>>
>>26755631
But it's the situation we have now with the two Hoenn beetles which are gender-opposite versions of each other despite not sharing a pre-evolution.
>>
File: Meloetta GB.png (1 KB, 65x60) Image search: [Google]
Meloetta GB.png
1 KB, 65x60
>>26752784

Thanks doc
>>
I love all of the Nidoran family, I wouldn't change any of them for the world. I like it when you get weird Pokemon that break patterns and don't fit in to the Pokedex properly, it's what makes them unique and interesting.
>>
>>26755839
>I like it when you get weird Pokemon that break patterns and don't fit in to the Pokedex properly
Then you must have ideas for other weird Pokemon. Like a single 'min with two different pre evos, depending on gender, incense, other parent or hatch location.
>>
it's a play on the joke about the sexes being different species you autism master
>>
>>26755735
The weird part would be them being retconned into having different names.
A retcon into actually being the same species would make sense since they have the same name right now, and unlike in Gen 1 genders exist, gender differences exist, and gender-dependent evolutions exist, so changing it would just naturally fit in with all the current mechanics.
>>
>>26756564
>it's a play on the joke about the sexes being different species you autism master
The fuck? What could possibly lead you to that conclusion?
>>
>>26756586
it's a common joke, get out more
>>
>>26756608
It's a somewhat common joke, in the west at least, but that's not my point.
What I'm absolutely baffled by is the fact that you think it's true, but obvious that the Nidoran lines are deliberately referencing this joke, especially considering they were designed in Japan where they don't necessarily have the same jokes as we do.
Do you have any reason to believe what you claim to be true?
>>
>>26756608
It's a somewhat common joke, in the west at least, but that's not my point.
What I'm absolutely baffled by is the fact that you think it's not only true, but obvious, that the Nidoran lines are deliberately referencing this joke, especially considering they were designed in Japan where they don't necessarily have the same jokes as we do.
Do you have any reason to believe what you claim to be true?
>>
>>26752513
because muh pink bikini
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236 KB, 336x418) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236 KB, 336x418
>>26752324
>>
>>26757048
they have a lot of similar jokes, plus the names are the same in either language
>>
>>26752784
thanks doc
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.